• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Carlo & Pep

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeTallecWiz

Doos
Honorary Member
Spanish media is reporting what I think everyone expects to happen ...

Pep will replace Pellegrini @ City.
They've added that Ancelotti - despite his desire to return to the English game - will replace Pep @ Bayern.

I will be very curious to see how he does in England if this happens ... It won't be like his time in Spain (basically a 2 team league) or Germany (a 1 team league) ...

There's no doubt Pep is good. But let's be honest, at Barca he inherited a golden generation of players, including probably the best player of all time (Messi), and possibly the greatest controlling midfielder of all time (Xavi) probably the best number 10 in the last 20 years (Iniesta). Fair enough, he's helped them get to those levels, but still, he's inherited an incredible side.

Then he goes to Bayern where the only competition are Klopp's Dortmund who operate on a fraction of the Bayern budget.

If he goes to City he'll have unlimited funds to get the best players again.

There's no doubt Pep is good, and there is something about him, but it's hard to gauge how good when the conditions are always so favourable. If he really wanted to prove himself he'd come in and take a club like Spurs or Southampton and get them winning trophies and take them into the top 3 consistently.

Comparing Pep's achievements to Klopp taking Dortmund to 2 league titles on a small budget- you've got to ask who's actually achieved more.

Madrid are going to be without a manager in the summer, so they might be in the frame for a new manager, let alone city and bayern, so that might complicate matters. The boss at Bayern keeps promising that Pep will be signing a new contract.
Also, Messi is on about 40mill a year gross, so that's not far off the 800k a week already, if he was to leave barca, you'd expect him to want considerably more than that. Can't see him going anywhere.

Really... Pep must be angling for a new deal. Why would he wanna go to that shithouse?

Pep would be fucking nuts to choose Madrid over City now. Madrid is where you go when you've cemented your reputation well & truly but have run out of big jobs to take, are close to calling it a day & just want a massive payoff when you're inevitably sacked.

That redcafe is mental, there's loads of them who are actually quite even handed in their opinions about our players etc.

They all seem depressed too, which is heartwarming.

If I was Messi's agent I'd be taking him to whatever team is willing to sign him on a five year for the highest price, because his value is only going to go down in the next few years. Man City would make perfect sense for him.

Pep would be fucking nuts to choose Madrid over City now. Madrid is where you go when you've cemented your reputation well & truly but have run out of big jobs to take, are close to calling it a day & just want a massive payoff when you're inevitably sacked.

That redcafe is mental, there's loads of them who are actually quite even handed in their opinions about our players etc.

They all seem depressed too, which is heartwarming.

Redcafe is quite civilised now, they're actually complimentary about our players and manager a lot of the time now. That cunts forum bluemoon on the other hand, is full of giant cunts talking absolute bobbins.

Not if he wants to continue his legacy as the best ever player at Barca and Spain, and his enjoyment of the game which will be demolished by playing with inferior players.

I wonder whether, given his roots in Barca, Pep would even get a "grace period" to begin with if he went to Real. Surely the crossfire would start as soon as he walked through the door, over and above the civil war which often surrounds that club anyway. Why would he get himself into such a situation when he could either stay at Bayern or take over at Citeh, with shedloads to spend in either case?

I don't think he will move to Madrid. Why spoil his legacy with Barcelona fans? Dont City have a number of ex Barca staff - Txiki and others?

If I was Messi's agent I'd be taking him to whatever team is willing to sign him on a five year for the highest price, because his value is only going to go down in the next few years. Man City would make perfect sense for him.
In 5yrs Messi could be playing for Stoke City...they've a knack for signing CL winners :)

Pep being touted for the City job for so fucking long now, it would be HILARIOUS if he fell flat on his face in England.

This is great... Go over to Redcafe now and you can see a load of dickhead mancs crying that we've got Klopp and citeh have Pep.

This means the pressure on Luis will increase... and more transition. He's clearly not the man for them. He's a modern day Wimbledon manager.

He's not the man to get them playing cavalier football again, but I'm not so sure he isn't the man for where they are as a club at the moment. They were always going to need a root-and-branch rebuild when Ferguson finally f'cked off, and van Gaal is both tough enough and mad enough to accomplish that - he's making a promising beginning with the defence for a start. IMO it's only when his successor takes over that we'll know how well or otherwise van Gaal has done.

The Manc job looked like a terrible job for a top manager to take, just after Fergie retired.

But now not so much anymore...i have a feeling Van Gaal has done a very good job of correcting the long term wrongs...

Playing style is neither here nor there and can never be the only thing to judge how well he has done in the job.

He's not the man to get them playing cavalier football again, but I'm not so sure he isn't the man for where they are as a club at the moment. They were always going to need a root-and-branch rebuild when Ferguson finally f'cked off, and van Gaal is both tough enough and mad enough to accomplish that - he's making a promising beginning with the defence for a start. IMO it's only when his successor takes over that we'll know how well or otherwise van Gaal has done.

I agree with this, LVG has the size of ego required for United if not the preferred style. I'm really hoping that those young lads he's bought up front don't start banging em in because they definitely improved at the back.

It is enjoyable seeing how fucking dull they are mind you... Love it...

I agree with this, LVG has the size of ego required for United if not the preferred style. I'm really hoping that those young lads he's bought up front don't start banging em in because they definitely improved at the back.

It is enjoyable seeing how fucking dull they are mind you... Love it...

I'd love it a lot more if they were losing but they have been picking up points relentlessly. I think they're actually in with a worryingly great shot at the title this season.

you're young, would you really want to play for Klopp, Pep, Ancelotti or (wait) LVG?

He'll be gone in a year or so. He has a lot of limitations as a manager.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom