• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Cavani getting Suarez'd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't the FA say some shit about context not mattering? It's an objective test. Which is fucking stupid, but so is the universe.

Yes. Watch the twats unsay it in order to give cavani a slap on the wrist.

I don't even know what was said but it seems Cavani was just chatting shit with his mate, who wasn't offended. I don't care if he's a diving manc prick, I don't like the idea of someone who isn't racist as being labelled as one. I hope the slap on the wrist is all he gets and becomes the precedent. Who the fuck are the FA to start lecturing people about their behaviour?

It depends on context. Suarez was doing it to be offensive as he was retaliating to what Evra had called him.

However, it is also a term of endearment. There's a brand of rum in Spain called Negrita, and it has a picture of an old black woman on it.
I get all that, but the FA don't.

I don't even know what was said but it seems Cavani was just chatting shit with his mate, who wasn't offended. I don't care if he's a diving manc prick, I don't like the idea of someone who isn't racist as being labelled as one. I hope the slap on the wrist is all he gets and becomes the precedent. Who the fuck are the FA to start lecturing people about their behaviour?

I would advise you to not find out. Chatting shit would even be a grossly unfair exaggeration of what he said.

If memory serves, The FA justified the 8 match ban for Suarez as being necessary to send a signal to everyone, so it doesn't happen again. Well the signal didn't work. So they need to raise it up to around 15-20 matches this time. Anything else would just prove the FA don't care about racism, and are in fact racist themselves.

totally agree, when I first heard about it, I thought about Suarez and his ban, and I want the same for Cavani, and he better get the same length of ban that Suarez had. Lets not forget that Fergie encouraged Evra to make the complaint formal and I don't believe for a minute it was him acting to raise racial awareness.

Your preceding post suggests you don't agree with it though.
No, maybe I wasn't clear but I was trying to say that if the word Negrito is used in English like "don't worry about it Negrito", to me it sounds like saying "don't worry about it little blackie" and that doesn't sound right. I get that it's coming from a good place but it just gets lost in translation somehow because we in the west don't usually use a person's ethnicity as a term of endearment.

Honestly, I think the whole thing is stupid. They should just tell Cavani, that shit don't fly in England and be done with the matter.

Even if they do say Jehovah.

beard-stoning-life-of-brian.jpg

Wouldn't you think that when united were signing a Uruguayan they would have told him " no matter what the fuck you do, don't call someone a negrito"

Seriously though it's all a load of shite. He was talking to a mate who took no offence.

The FA being language police again?

I do hope that the Uruguayan culture expert they employed is as proactive in this as he was in the Suarez case

Perhaps 'mate' is a better comparison. I don't think it's that easy to avoid.
Maybe not in a verbal conversation. Pretty easy when it comes to a written one. Particularly when it's not even live texting. He had to select a photo/video first, think about what to write, then eventually post it on IG Stories.
Even if MU's PR department ludicrously hadn't warned him and all the foreign players about specific words, he'd still have to be thick to have written it when one of his close mates and teammates in Suarez had his headlining racial issue several years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom