• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Champions league final: post match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a bit better.

Nice to be back on for a bit. I was pretty busy when the season started and we were doing really well.
Decided not to jinx it so I decided not to post anything until we lost a game. That was against City of course.
Then we started winning and I decided not to post until the second League defeat. Which never happened.
Been a great season.
Onwards for 19 and 7

I actually found KopTalk after Istanbuk, so its nice to be back after No. 6.

Just a bit better.

Nice to be back on for a bit. I was pretty busy when the season started and we were doing really well.
Decided not to jinx it so I decided not to post anything until we lost a game. That was against City of course.
Then we started winning and I decided not to post until the second League defeat. Which never happened.
Been a great season.
Onwards for 19 and 7

I actually found KopTalk after Istanbuk, so its nice to be back after No. 6.

Don't post next year until we win everything ok? :)

Anyone finding that the glow of being Champions of Europe is starting to fade yet?
Nah, me neither.
I remember 2005 - I did not get bothered by anything for at least a month afterwards. This week I am just shrugging off as irrelevant things that would normally bother me. I don't expect that to change anytime soon.

2UwTz.jpg

I have been going back to the Barcelona game quite a bit. The second I flipped from "nothing to lose" to "entire season to lose" in that match, I felt ill, and as spectacular as it was, I needed to know it was for something.

It's still sinking in that that happened. I can completely enjoy it now, but it seems unreal still.

Incredible scenes from the parade.
I actually watched all 4 hours and loved every second of it.
My favourite scenes was when the bus was passing the Liver Building.
And of course watching Klopp sipping beer right at the back of the bus and trying not to fall off, then giving the 'calm down' gesture.
Must have been bladdered, and why not.

When we missed out by a point, I was bitterly disappointed.
It was so close.
But it is right to say that our overall squad was a bit weaker than Citeh, and that was enough to give up a point.

To lose this to Spurs though would have been unbearable, but not for the reasons one would think.
I felt that if we failed again, if he failed again, losing 6 finals with Dortmund and Liverpool...something would give.
My biggest fear was not losing No. 6, but losing the manager.

We're not stupid, yes we hadnt won anything.
All the jibes of Klopp being champion of hugs obviously grated. but it was clear we were a far stronger team every year under Klopp, and i knew we would get there.
But i think he might have not stayed any longer if he lost againn.

Now that the duck is broken we can only get better.

Compare and contrast
Rumour has it the British Library are sponsering next season

Clearly fake. The video creator has clearly used CGI effects to treble the number of Liverpool fans, flags, and colour.. also with the noise too, probably used Audioroom or some other snazzy program to double the sound of the singing Pool fans, whilst using the same effects/programs to hide the hundreds of thousands of Citeh fans that were lining the streets of Manchester and singing their hearts out to celebrate their unique achievements.

It's a conspiracy.

I have been going back to the Barcelona game quite a bit. The second I flipped from "nothing to lose" to "entire season to lose" in that match, I felt ill, and as spectacular as it was, I needed to know it was for something.

It's still sinking in that that happened. I can completely enjoy it now, but it seems unreal still.

When City beat Leicester, I had consigned myself to fact that we were going to win fuck all again this season.. and such a great year ending with nothing would kill the spirit of this young team.

Then as soon as we scored the 4th goal against Barca, I was in a state of shock and fear. We now had something to lose.

Ajax, in my mind, was an easy game. Last thing we wanted was Spurs.

But I remember last year thinking the same watching Bayern v Madrid. I wanted Madrid, as Bayern were all over them in that 2nd leg Semi final.

Looking back now. And the fact we had the 3 week break, and the dutch league season continued right up until that weekend, so they would have been match sharp, so glad we got Spurs.

The comeback against Barca can now mean something. It won't ever be forgotten. Like the season before, all those great nights leading to the final had kind of been forgotten. But this years CL run, from PSG to Napoli to Bayern to Porto to Barca.. will always be remembered.

In fact, it's even allowed us to look at the previous year's final defeat as a "growing" experience for the team.

If we could do so well, and lose out unfortunately (Karius) in the final.. and yet still come back the following year to win it. Who is to say we can't do the same in the league next year. That's the message Jurgen will surely be delivering!

Maybe I'm being negative, but the league seems as far away as ever. We produced a near-perfect season - and it was not enough. Hard to see that being repeated. City have repeated once already, and seem more capable of doing it again. I know - there's a flaw in my logic somewhere. I really wanted the league more than anything - but the Barcelona win, the joy of the homecoming with the Cup ... I am satisfied.
I checked on the report of Manchester City's parade and saw "over 100,000". We had three quarters of a million! I think we probably come across as a little obnoxious with the "We are Liverpool - this means more" - but I don't see how anybody could argue after the parade on Sunday.

Maybe I'm being negative, but the league seems as far away as ever. We produced a near-perfect season - and it was not enough. Hard to see that being repeated. City have repeated once already, and seem more capable of doing it again. I know - there's a flaw in my logic somewhere. I really wanted the league more than anything - but the Barcelona win, the joy of the homecoming with the Cup ... I am satisfied.
I checked on the report of Manchester City's parade and saw "over 100,000". We had three quarters of a million! I think we probably come across as a little obnoxious with the "We are Liverpool - this means more" - but I don't see how anybody could argue after the parade on Sunday.

As far away as ever,mate..? This time last year, we were infinity points behind them. This time this year, they needs to win 14 straight, just to beat us by a single point...

They're still brilliant, but we're gaining on them, we've proved to ourselves now that we CAN last the pace and win the biggest titles, and there's no reason to believe we can't go toe-to-toe with them again next year. Won't be any easier of course, but they got lucky at times, just as we did, and they're just as unlikely to be unable to repeat their output on the past 2 seasons as we are to not reproduce this year's. They can't keep this run going forever...

For most of the past 30 years, it's been stupid to even contemplate us as genuine contenders... Now, it's equally silly not to.

You know @Mersey86 - I actually the think for the first time in many years - I have no hope of us winning the league next season - I think it is already written we WILL WIN the league next year. I don't think anyone will be in a state to stop us next season, I honestly think after this season we have burnt out Man City mentally - they will not be the same team next season.

I know every Liverpool supporter wants the league - but I wonder if for a large proportion of our players the actual goal is to win the CL ? - it is an internationally recognised trophy the world over, watched by billions on Earth. The PL is domestic, yes we want to win it for pride, and because .. well we have not won it for ages, but I tell you what I want them both CL and PL again.

You know @Mersey86 - I actually the think for the first time in many years - I have no hope of us winning the league next season - I think it is already written we WILL WIN the league next year. I don't think anyone will be in a state to stop us next season, I honestly think after this season we have burnt out Man City mentally - they will not be the same team next season.

I know every Liverpool supporter wants the league - but I wonder if for a large proportion of our players the actual goal is to win the CL ? - it is an internationally recognised trophy the world over, watched by billions on Earth. The PL is domestic, yes we want to win it for pride, and because .. well we have not won it for ages, but I tell you what I want them both CL and PL again.
Hahaha. I love you Moron. You're mental but in a way where you're probably not going to kill anyone. Unlike, say Dantes.

Clearly fake. The video creator has clearly used CGI effects to treble the number of Liverpool fans, flags, and colour.. also with the noise too, probably used Audioroom or some other snazzy program to double the sound of the singing Pool fans, whilst using the same effects/programs to hide the hundreds of thousands of Citeh fans that were lining the streets of Manchester and singing their hearts out to celebrate their unique achievements.

It's a conspiracy.

I thought City’s would be worse. I wonder if we win back to back titles will the celebrations be as wild in the second year. A fairer comparison would be the parade when they won it against Utd with the last kick

Maybe changes could be made to the Premier League, whereby the clubs become similar to the samba schools in Rio de Janeiro. The Premier League trophy would go to the club that is judged to have put on the best parade.

How can we be better than ever and one point off and as far away as ever?

I don't think we will perform as well if we don't bring in new players next year, but it's not necessarily true that city will either, and hopefully we will bring in more quality.
I thought City’s would be worse. I wonder if we win back to back titles will the celebrations be as wild in the second year. A fairer comparison would be the parade when they won it against Utd with the last kick

I don't give a fuck, but now you made me find the video and it's 10 times smaller but 1000 times shitter. The whole thing looks put on and nobody cares. It's hilarious. The actual bus part of it is like 40 mins max. The rest is this fucking cringey stage thing. It has the feel of a street festival with some local bands that really came off quite well. And yes they clearly gave flags out.

Can you imagine Henderson up on stage having a conversation at normal volume with other members of the team at the end of our parade, the watchers politely waiting till he stopped talking with an interviewer to clap, most boisterously.

They are a shit club with absurd amounts of money and their celebrations ring as hollow as their victories. Don't try to frame it more fairly than that, because it's just not true.

Maybe changes could be made to the Premier League, whereby the clubs become similar to the samba schools in Rio de Janeiro. The Premier League trophy would go to the club that is judged to have put on the best parade.

I love how our Brazilians both had a cry. It must have more cultural resonance.

How can we be better than ever and one point off and as far away as ever?

I don't think we will perform as well if we don't bring in new players next year, but it's not necessarily true that city will either, and hopefully we will bring in more quality.

I don't give a fuck, but now you made me find the video and it's 10 times smaller but 1000 times shitter. The whole thing looks put on and nobody cares. It's hilarious. The actual bus part of it is like 40 mins max. The rest is this fucking cringey stage thing. It has the feel of a street festival with some local bands that really came off quite well. And yes they clearly gave flags out.

Can you imagine Henderson up on stage having a conversation at normal volume with other members of the team at the end of our parade, the watchers politely waiting till he stopped talking with an interviewer to clap, most boisterously.

They are a shit club with absurd amounts of money and their celebrations ring as hollow as their victories. Don't try to frame it more fairly than that, because it's just not true.

Excellent. I was hoping it was like that. I was merely pointing out that the comparison above wasn’t exactly like for like.

I don’t think anyone can question we have the biggest and best parades in England

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom