• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Championship Play Off Spots

Status
Not open for further replies.
The race for first team relegated next season is getting to the sharp end.

Luton's new stadium will be ready by 2024 so it's less than a year of sharing with MK Don - which will probably bring them more revenue given its capacity.

I don't think new teams need a great deal of investment to stay up. You just need three rich but very stupid teams to be worse than you.

Maybe too much FM in the past, but even if it's a 1 season stay in top flight, the amount of revenue they get that season, if put to good use (yes, a big IF) will help strengthen the club and make subsequent promotion challenges much easier?

https://www.statista.com/statistics/1022329/premier-league-and-chapmionship-clubs-average-revenues

Untitled.jpg

I don't have particularly fond memories of us playing against Coventry or Luton. We always seemed to lose or draw when we went there. Mind you, that was like 25-30 years ago so I probably shouldn't hold that against them now.

….

I don't think new teams need a great deal of investment to stay up. You just need three rich but very stupid teams Everton to be worse than you.

Fixed.

There’s a chance!!!

Maybe too much FM in the past, but even if it's a 1 season stay in top flight, the amount of revenue they get that season, if put to good use (yes, a big IF) will help strengthen the club and make subsequent promotion challenges much easier?

https://www.statista.com/statistics/1022329/premier-league-and-chapmionship-clubs-average-revenues

View attachment 2664
They should go with 'we here for a good time, not a long time' mentality.

Don't go mad buying big names, keep wages reasonable and enjoy a season playing the big names. They might pick up points and avoid relegation. But that's not the plan. Accept that you are going back down, take the money and use it to get ready for the next promotion. That's the one you aim to stay up and establish yourself in the league.

They should go with 'we here for a good time, not a long time' mentality.

Don't go mad buying big names, keep wages reasonable and enjoy a season playing the big names. They might pick up points and avoid relegation. But that's not the plan. Accept that you are going back down, take the money and use it to get ready for the next promotion. That's the one you aim to stay up and establish yourself in the league.

Yup, not all clubs can be like Brighton and Brentford (i.e. escape relegation in 1st season back in top flight). Given the way Luton and Coventry have made their way up, I think it's fair to say they will be "sensible" enough if they win promotion.

So the grand old team fans can look forward to an amazing last day of the season game against sky blue Coventry City to avoid relegation next season.

Luton's new stadium will be ready by 2024 so it's less than a year of sharing with MK Don - which will probably bring them more revenue given its capacity.

I don't think new teams need a great deal of investment to stay up. You just need three rich but very stupid teams to be worse than you.
No it won't. Its been delayed... again. There is no spade in the ground to quote an old Hicks and Gillette saying

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom