• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Charlie Adam

Status
Not open for further replies.

the count

SCM's least favourite muppet- There was a poll
Honorary Member
I do wonder if Sigurdsson is going to be this years Charlie Adam.
Dominates in a lesser team and is seen as being value for money and therefore a no brainer.

I do wonder if Sigurdsson is going to be this years Charlie Adam.
Dominates in a lesser team and is seen as being value for money and therefore a no brainer.
There's less to pick on him for though:
He hasn't particularly failed at a club á la Adam and Rangers
He isn't (supposedly) podgy
He has played in a system suited to what the current manager wants to impose (rather than Adam being the main component of a 4-3-3)
He is much younger with more chances to learn
He is a lot less static
His name is much more foreign sounding than 'Charlie'

There's less to pick on him for though:
He hasn't particularly failed at a club á la Adam and Rangers
He isn't (supposedly) podgy
He has played in a system suited to what the current manager wants to impose (rather than Adam being the main component of a 4-3-3)
He is much younger with more chances to learn
He is a lot less static
His name is much more foreign sounding than 'Charlie'
Bar Adam not actually failing at Rangers the rest is all pretty plausible and accurate if a bit under cooked.

Charlie Adam had 12 assists last season (our highest) despite missing a third of the season. Just in case no-one knows that.

I think it's because he misplaces about 3 out of every 10 passes. Plus he can't tackle, doesn't score many goals, and his fabled set pieces have been utterly shit. I think it's fair to say that some of the criticism has been over the top, but it's certainly not unjustified.

He's not good enough to be a regular here, but I guess that's not his fault.

I think it's because he misplaces about 3 out of every 10 passes. Plus he can't tackle, doesn't score many goals, and his fabled set pieces have been utterly shit. I think it's fair to say that some of the criticism has been over the top, but it's certainly not unjustified.

I think his set piece wasn't all it could be, but for the most part his passing stats were excellent other than a few poor games. He had games were his passing percentages were in the 90s. He isn't the best tackler, and looks much better with someone like Lucas tucking in. That being said his closing down is good, and earned us a few goals and chances last season.

More than *any* of our midfielders he made things happen, and that's why I like him. In games when were under the cosh, he took responsibility. I think he continues to be a good option.

This.

I personally think he just isn't of the standard we require in any part of his game. But his main problem in my eyes is he has no stamina. 60 minutes and he's done.
Other opinions are available.

I personally think he just isn't of the standard we require in any part of his game. But his main problem in my eyes is he has no stamina. 60 minutes and he's done.

Never mind mate, we have Joe Cole coming back who can only last 30 minutes. Make the switch on the hour mark and it's bingo as they say in Legion clubs every Friday night.

I personally think he just isn't of the standard we require in any part of his game.

What does that say about our other midfielders if he provides more of our assists than anybody else in the team?

I'd also look at some of his passes this season which lead to chances and goals.

It says that they're not fit for purpose either.

There's no doubt that we have been bereft of creativity right across the midfield. And you can't argue that Charlie Adam leads the team in assists. But all that really tells us is that Charlie Adam is not the only person who needs replacing. We've needed decent wide midfielders for what seems like a generation, so it's obvious we can improve there. Beyond that, we need to replace Adam with someone who finds a team mate more frequently, and preferably weighs in with a few more goals.

The next person to label Chuck Adam fat is going to be labelled a racist from me.
*unwraps deep fried Curly Wurly*

The next person to label Chuck Adam fat is going to be labelled a racist from me.
*unwraps deep fried Curly Wurly*

The name Chuck should only be reserved for Norris.

Charlie Adam had 12 assists last season (our highest) despite missing a third of the season. Just in case no-one knows that.
Out of curiosity, how many of those were prior to Lucas being injured?

I'd be interested to know if anyone's got that info.

You got to do it on ESPN Soccernet, which has goals / assists per game. It's a bit laborious though.

According to soccernet, he's only got 7 assists. Before Lucas got injured he had 2 goals and 3 assists, after he had 4 assists. I haven't checked if Lucas played in all the games that Adam got goals and assists prior to the injury though.

Well, I think we should build the team around him then. I was under the impression he only had 11 assists, but if you're correct and he has 12, that's a whole different kettle of fish.

Well, I think we should build the team around him then. I was under the impression he only had 11 assists, but if you're correct and he has 12, that's a whole different kettle of fish.

Don't act the sanctimonious cunt Del. It doesn't suit you.

The fact remains he has been our biggest creator of scoring chances, which from CM, is perhaps surprising. Especially when he's apparently shite.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom