• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Chelsea - Barca

Status
Not open for further replies.

El Nino

6CM Follower
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LeJM2rqGI9g

A mate of mine whose a Chelsea supporter have not stopped complaining about the Champions League Semi-Final against Barca. So I decided to go over the video (above) of the 'terrible' refereeing that occurred that night.

What I thought at the time and what I still think is that the ref didn't make as many mistakes against Chelsea to deserve such criticism from them. He made 1 or 2 mistakes against Chelsea but some of the penalty appeals by Chelsea weren't even legitimate. For example the Yaya Toure tackle on Drogba- he clearly got the ball. Neither was the last shot by Ballack which he appealed for a handball and went crazy on the ref. Also, obviously that Abidal red card was not a red card.

What I'm trying to say is yes, the refereeing was bad that night. But had it happened to any other team I don't think it would have been anywhere near as dramatic. The Chelsea fans are still backing their players' behavior that night and that is very surprising because how their players acted was simply a disgrace.

A ref that actulla blows the whistle when he sees a foul, and dont blows the whistle when Drogba/Ballck etc see a foul should be applauded not slaughtered!

[quote author=gkmacca link=topic=33628.msg871113#msg871113 date=1242812977]
In fairness I think we'd all be going nuts over that performance by the ref.
[/quote]

Yeah, it would be the very first time a dubious penalty decision went against us.... How many dubious penalty decision have we lost against Chelsea alone???

If you'saying justice was done,well,maybe it was.

But the ref was still rubbish,and had that been us we'd have gone mental.

[quote author=Avmenon link=topic=33628.msg871162#msg871162 date=1242815274]
If you'saying justice was done,well,maybe it was.

But the ref was still rubbish,and had that been us we'd have gone mental.
[/quote]

His one Pique decision was even rubbish to Drogbas shot staright at the goalie and Potatomans decision to replace Drogba with Belletti. The only difference from those three "bad days at work" was the compensation each and every one of them got for a days work!

Chelsea had their chances to win that tie and did not take them, they have nobody to blame but themselves. It is a repeat of the 2005 semi against us, all they do is cry about that goal when really had that goal not stood they would have been playing with 10 men against us after us probably putting a pen away. They are just moaning chavs who very often fail to capitalize at critical moments.

I'm not quite sure how Chelsea didn't go through.

I'm still not sure who of the two team's I'd rather have playing the mancs.

I've got a sick feeling that they'll beat Barca.

Incident 1: Shirt is tugged from behind. Penalty.
Incident 2: After fighting through an obstruction, he's cleanly tackled. No penalty.
Incident 3. NEVER a sending off.
Incident 4: Both players are pulling. No penalty.
Incident 5: Blatant handball. Clear penalty.
Incident 6: Raised arm blocks a shot. Penalty.

The referee was a disgrace. They were robbed.

Innit brilliant?

[quote author=Whaddapie link=topic=33628.msg871372#msg871372 date=1242829376]
Incident 2: After fighting through an obstruction, he's cleanly tackled. No penalty.

Innit brilliant?

[/quote]

incident 1 - the foul was first committed where?
incident 6 - it hits his upper arm/shoulder. no way is that a penalty.

Incident 1: Shirt is tugged from behind. Penalty.Incident 2: After fighting through an obstruction, he's cleanly tackled. No penalty.

Innit brilliant?

[/quote]

Incident 1: Shirt is hardly held at all, not pulled. Never a penalty. and a ref seeing Didier Drogba going down like that and dont blow the whistle will have a 90% chance of getting the correct call anyway. very good ref at that situation.

Incident 5: Should have been penalty.

Incident 6: Ballack hits a hand (he has no chance of moving it) instead of blasting the ball over the stand. Not a penalty.

1 msitake. Chelsea were robbed by Drogbas poor finishing and Hiddingks fright.

personally I think the only 'stonewall' penalty was handball in the box where anelka tries to flick it round the player. blantant. other than that the rest were 50/50 I've seen them given and I've seen them waved away.

Bollox.....The Chavs were robbed of a minimum of 2, possibly 3 penalties.

The ref was a fuckin disgrace and shouldn't ever be able to officiate another high-profile game.

[quote author=Terrier link=topic=33628.msg871388#msg871388 date=1242830508]

The ref was a fuckin disgrace and shouldn't ever be able to officiate another high-profile game.
[/quote]

Bollox. It takes some spine to judge every situation in such a match built on that situation alone, and not based on some 50/50 situations earlier in the match. What you actually asks for is more Styels and Rileys to finally give a penalty to teams like Man U and Chavs as they had a claim for one earlier in the match....

[quote author=spider-neil link=topic=33628.msg871387#msg871387 date=1242830458]
personally I think the only 'stonewall' penalty was handball in the box where anelka tries to flick it round the player. blantant. other than that the rest were 50/50 I've seen them given and I've seen them waved away.
[/quote]

Agreed. Pique. Blatant. All the rest 50-50.

If the Eto incident was a penalty, then John Terry would be giving away 10-15 penalties a season with the way "charges down shots" spread-eagle.

Drogba's 1st inparticular, could have gone either way, and was just a case of what goes around, comes around.. it was probably 55-45 in favour of a penalty, but his reputation/penchant for diving went before him and it was turned down.

Fact is, Chelsea were 1-0 up and a man up with 15minutes left. They blew it. Everything afterwards was just a result of frustration, knowing that they blew it big time.

[quote author=LeTallecWiz link=topic=33628.msg871377#msg871377 date=1242829690]

Innit brilliant?

[/quote]

incident 1 - the foul was first committed where?
incident 6 - it hits his upper arm/shoulder. no way is that a penalty.
[/quote]

In the penalty area.

An outstreched / raised arm stops a goal bound effort in the box.

They're both penalties, by the book, Avy.

[quote author=Insignificance link=topic=33628.msg871380#msg871380 date=1242829791]
Incident 1: Shirt is tugged from behind. Penalty.Incident 2: After fighting through an obstruction, he's cleanly tackled. No penalty.

Innit brilliant?

[/quote]

Incident 1: Shirt is hardly held at all, not pulled. Never a penalty. and a ref seeing Didier Drogba going down like that and dont blow the whistle will have a 90% chance of getting the correct call anyway. very good ref at that situation.
Pretty sure this incident refers to Malouda rather than Drogba. Just for LTW - doesn't matter where the foul begins - if it continues into the box its a penalty.

Incident 6: Ballack hits a hand (he has no chance of moving it) instead of blasting the ball over the stand. Not a penalty.
Are you kidding? No chance of moving it? He tried to charge the shot down with arms outstretched and the ball hits him in the upper arm. It was a penalty.
[/quote]

All this just makes it more satisfying.

[quote author=Paddy link=topic=33628.msg871404#msg871404 date=1242831670]
Who gives a fuck.
[/quote]

wise words!

[quote author=Insignificance link=topic=33628.msg871380#msg871380 date=1242829791]

Innit brilliant?

[/quote]

[/quote]

Rubbish, mate.

Drogba's shirt was pulled in the area. The fact that he's a diving cnut doesn't mean that's not a penalty.

And and outstretched arm diverted a goalbound effort in the box - That's a penalty too. remember the penalty that Carra gave a way at Villa Park to begin last season? This was far worse than that...

They WERE robbed. And it just makes it better.

[quote author=Terrier link=topic=33628.msg871388#msg871388 date=1242830508]

[/quote]

Unless it involves Man U or Chelsea being knocked out of Europe of course.

[quote author=Fallon link=topic=33628.msg871174#msg871174 date=1242815714]
Chelsea had their chances to win that tie and did not take them, they have nobody to blame but themselves. It is a repeat of the 2005 semi against us, all they do is cry about that goal when really had that goal not stood they would have been playing with 10 men against us after us probably putting a pen away. They are just moaning chavs who very often fail to capitalize at critical moments.
[/quote]

I hate them as much as anyone but everyone on here knows deep down that they were fucking robbed. There were two stone-wallers not given and two more that could have gone either way. If the situation were reversed then we'd still be fuming about it now. It was dreadful refereeing.

Personally I think only one was a stone-wall, yes the ref was shite but Barca were punished with an appalling red against Abidal. Had they took their chances over the 2 legs, then it wouldn't have come down to a couple of penalty claims being denied. Fuck 'em!

[quote author=Fallon link=topic=33628.msg871634#msg871634 date=1242862829]
Personally I think only one was a stone-wall, yes the ref was shite but Barca were punished with an appalling red against Abidal. Had they took their chances over the 2 legs, then it wouldn't have come down to a couple of penalty claims being denied. Fuck 'em!
[/quote]

I don't think anyones feeling any sympathy for them - more gleeful satisfaction. We're just commenting that, objectively, they were utterly robbed.

Go back to 05/06 and we go out of the CL after Crouch misses a bag ful of gilt edged chances. Imagine if we'd also been denied 2 certain pens and another 2 50/50s!! Would we be saying it was our own fault - we should have put our chances away? ::) Exactly!!

The difference is that Chelsea had several CLEAR chances over that tie, and their game plan was to sit and counter the whole time because they were scared of Barca. It wouldn't matter if they'd have had 3 'claims' that were all clearly ball to hand, they would still be whinging, it is what they do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom