• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Chelsea spending

Status
Not open for further replies.

rurikbird

Part of the Furniture
Honorary Member
I don’t know what’s going on, but I know this is not good. Feels like a hostile takeover of football.

Last edited:
Oh FFS

Feeder clubs in every country to nurture the 1000 U21s they’ve hoarded

As long as they're playing by the rules, which they apparently are, who's gonna stop them?

I find it crazy that the FA or UEFA still allows this.
Look at how Leipzig and Salzburg are trading players with each other.
How can this still be allowed?

As long as they're playing by the rules, which they apparently are, who's gonna stop them?

I find it crazy that the FA or UEFA still allows this.
Look at how Leipzig and Salzburg are trading players with each other.
How can this still be allowed?
£

More to the point they are transparently ignoring the FFP rules so why the fuck not take the piss here too? Who’s got the bottle to stop them?

How is it not a conflict of interest for two clubs in the same competitions potentially to have the same owners?

I mean, it's common sense, no?

How is it not a conflict of interest for two clubs in the same competitions potentially to have the same owners?

I mean, it's common sense, no?

Well, they are technically not in the same competition this season…

F5CRABBXcAAftYi

Safe to say at least 70% of these players won’t make it at Chelsea.

They'll sell most of them in for relatively good prices though. It's a good stepping stone if you eventually hope to join Milan, Arsenal or Brighton.
It won’t be that easy. Most of them are on high wages and 7-8 year contracts so good luck convincing them to move or another club to match wages.

It won’t be that easy. Most of them are on high wages and 7-8 year contracts so good luck convincing them to move or another club to match wages.

There was mention that they’d moved to “highly incentivised” contracts, not unlike us - that’s apparently one of the reasons Mount wanted to leave, as his contract offer had a reduced baseline salary, but bigger bonuses for success.

If that’s actually what they’ve done - then it might not be as hard to shift some of the newer signings as we think - it’s a change to the Abromovich days where basic wages were loaded - hence why they struggle to get buyers for the likes of Lukaku.

That saying - they’re well fucked if the gamble doesn’t work.

Read a post today that they’ve shifted out 2.5m in wages a week with every player they sold.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom