• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Chelsea..

Status
Not open for further replies.

6TimesaRed

Not a Bot....
Administrator
How on earth do they deserve to be in the title race ?

They play god ugly football, defensive tactics, and bully the opposition..

Come Saturday they will probably be top..

Sad sad times..

Infuriates me.... Cunt of a club with a cunt of a manager...

They are going to pip us to the title aren't they ?

They have some very good players and a manager whose tactical knowhow - whatever one may think of him as an individual - is second to none. IMO they may well play differently next season anyway if Mourinho gets the strikers he wants in the summer.

Love him or hate him but mourinho KNOWS how to win titles and has done so in 4 different countries. Can't stand their football, but it works and they are extremely hard to score against.

They have conceded ten less goals than everyone else, and eighteen less than us. That's how.

I don't think they should be up there either, City have been second best for me, but you can't argue with their results, the table doesn't lie as we've been told so many times over the years.

Mourinho has the highest win percentage in Premier league history.

Add that to a fantastic defensive set up and all the money in the world available to you - a title challenge was the least you'd expect. They've spent 109 mill this season.

They play awful but effective football. I hate Mourinho and that plastic clubs guts!

Why do some here persist in making other posters nervous?

Chelsea have the worst away record among the top 6 clubs in the prem and scored the fewest amount of goals away.
They'll also play against Atletico a few days before they play us.

We have it in our own hands. We're strong enough to beat any team in the prem.
If we don't beat Chelsea, it's on us and no one else.

Chelsea have the worst away record among the top 6 clubs in the prem and scored the fewest amount of goals away.

I don't dispute that, but you can just see them acting the cunt at Anfield, to get the result they need..

It will be a sad sad day if they win the title

His brilliant defense hasn't faced the wrath of us at full pelt yet.

Absolutly, but I'm nervous about playing them regardless.
Their best performance was away to City when he set them up to attack.
They'll do any dirty trick to win and I hope for the love of God Webb isnt in charge.

First up is Norwich though, thats all that matters now.

This Mourinho ''urban legend' is becoming overwhelmingly nauseous in the way people are buying into this myth. Do people actually realise he lost his last two games at Anfield with Chelsea ? Yes I know a different team, different era, but it was still Mourinho !

People are beginning to put Mourhino and Chelsea on a pedestal .. yet they are still 2 points behind us and our sole, narrow, defeat to them earlier this season was without Gerrard & Sturridge and with serious defensive issues down the left with Agger at LB and Smith coming on for Allen at LM.

He is a very good manager (and who knows for sure if he is better than Rodgers ?) who goes to teams with money oozing from their pores, buys in good players and if successful gets lorded over. He is however not a legend, not a god and definitely just human. FFS WBA drew H&A against them and Villa, Palace, Stoke, Newcastle, Everton and Sunderland have beaten him (Chelsea) this season alone !

We are going to mallet him and his negative anti-football 'park the bus' team at Fortress Anfield.

th

you can just see them acting the cunt at Anfield, to get the result they need..

He's acted like that in a few places where, after gouging the odd eye, he's left with nothing. And Anfield holds some pretty traumatic memories for him.

They'll have the opportunity to go top because they have an excellent manager who knows how to win competitions by motivating his players and using tactics that are designed to win, not look pretty. He usually also has world class players at his disposal which helps.
Whether people like him or not, he's a brilliant manager. He's the same sort of enigma as Ibrahimovic.

I said at the beginning of the season, and I know @Spaghetti Legs did too, that they'd win it, and I hope we both fucking wrong. They seem to be able to get wins in the big games under mourinho. And they're more than happy and are comfortable sitting on a 1-0 lead after an early goal, that worries me, they're the only team in the league that can do that against us.
Pressure is on them though, as draw is probably no good for them. I hope we get a fucking bagfull against the fuckers.

This basically shows how Mourinho sets up for the draw when he plays away to the top tier teams. One win, three draws, one loss.
The game against Chelsea will see them set very deep and try to catch us on the counter. They will believe that they can score in this fashion given our less-than-watertight reputation. They will have played Athletico a few days earlier, and will have one eye on the return leg a few days later. I think that Mourinho will regard a draw as a "win" for him based on his situation - and he will be hoping that we, and City drop more points on the run-in.
However, we will go in to that game believing that we can score regardless of their defensive strategy. Tough game. Impossible to call. But fuck it I will call a win just because it seems to have been working so elegantly for the entire season.

Norwich first mind.

2 goals scored and 2 conceded in their 5 away games against the top 7 so far, says it all really.

If we do get that fast start i can't see them responding in the way City did.

Chelsea crushed Man City at the Etihad. It was only 1 nil, but it was all Chelsea.

He's acted like that in a few places where, after gouging the odd eye, he's left with nothing. And Anfield holds some pretty traumatic memories for him.

Not to forget that we've played against a much more successful and intimidating manager all these years.

They seem to be able to get wins in the big games under mourinho.

They have won just 1 of their 5 away matches against others in the Top 7. And even if that was against City that isn't exactly a brilliant record if you have to come to Anfield and win (as they probably must IF we beat Norwich). They can pretty much only play one way against us, sit back and hope they can hold us out whilst getting a breakaway goal to win the match.

They have won just 1 of their 5 away matches against others in the Top 7. And even if that was against City that isn't exactly a brilliant record if you have to come to Anfield and win (as they probably must IF we beat Norwich). They can pretty much only play one way against us, sit back and hope they can hold us out whilst getting a breakaway goal to win the match.

They've played 11 games against the other top 6 this season, and lost only once. And they're in the semi's of the champions league.
Based on that I'd say they've got a good record under mourniho this season against the big teams.

They've played 11 games against the other top 6 this season, and lost only once. And they're in the semi's of the champions league.
Based on that I'd say they've got a good record under mourniho this season against the big teams.

I think you've ignored his most critical point, "They have won just 1 of their 5 away matches against others in the Top 7."

They're playing a Top 7 team in two weeks away, and hopefully will need to win (i.e. we need to beat Norwich). That is where Mourinho, bar City, has not been good against the big teams.

These long intervals between games seem to send some posters stress levels way up.

The present situation is surely an opportunity to be excited rather than worried.

I liked Rodgers saying that we have yet to secure a CL place, it's exactly the right approach. Keep focused on the goals, change the focus when the immediate target is reached.

Away from home they have won just the once in the PL. 1-3-1 is their record ..... and they've scored only two goals in those 5 matches.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom