• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Betting Cheltenham 2014

Prefix for Betting Threads
Got a text last week from the owner of Orilgio Bay and he said they were saving the horse for the race since October and will improve a stone on today's better ground.

I did a bit of research - The strongest trend in that race is the winner usually has only run three races - so the handicapper hasn't caught up with them. The other trends are In favour of French bred horses and Nicholls runners (and one other trainer who I can't remember)

So I think I'll have it each way as well - since it only has three runs under it's belt

The inevitable paddy power HQ leak (deliberate or not?) lists the following ones:

1.30 - shanahans turn e/w
2.05 - ballycasey
2.40 - sadlers risk e/w
3.20 - captain Conan
4.00 - star Neuville
4.40 - sea beat
5.15 - golantilla

Reactions: ILD
I did a bit of research - The strongest trend in that race is the winner usually has only run three races - so the handicapper hasn't caught up with them. The other trends are In favour of French bred horses and Nicholls runners (and one other trainer who I can't remember)

So I think I'll have it each way as well - since it only has three runs under it's belt
That's why the owner didn't want to run him over the winter months to save his handicap mark.
Shop around with the bookmakers though sum bookies will be going 5 places on this race.
It's huge for each way purposes.

Jumped stink and still pissed it. Would have won by half the track if it could jump.

I ended up doing an e/w lucky 15.
Morning assembly (just finished third)was the first, Leo's tip, captain Conan and sadlers risk are the others.

Dell Arca ew.

Get me out of here to run on to a place. Playing 5 places.

I've ignored Dunquib. Arghhhh.

I'm sick put 20 each way on get me out of here at 18s dis morning.
Would have been a very nice touch would have settled for a place before the race started but it's still a sickener.

Unlucky.

Christ, captain conan didn't start properly at all. Pulled up early.

Yep. Had a fiver on Balthazar king at 7/2 in running.

I put a fiver ew on that one you and Leo were on about. 14's.

I needed captain conan to place to complete an ew treble and I backed it to win on a separate bet. A complete waste of money there.

Captain conan looked like he got injured early on so I doubt it was his true running.
Sir De grugy was very impressive though so I doubt he would have beat him.

Ahhhh!
Ran a cracker possibly took it up too early and got a little tired.
Each way at 16 ta 1 is decent though.

Yep. He didn't stay. Pity. Still we'll take the ew.

So onto the bumper? Im on the fence here. Golantilla? Kil. Vic or follow the gamble on Weld's horse?

Done Black Hercules but my confidence has waned since I seen the wave of money come for Vigil.
10 win on Black Hercules and get out whilst I'm up a nice profit.

Went for Killutagh Vic.

Then I saw a pile of money come in for Shaneshill. FECK.

I'm on Annie Power mate.

Have singled, doubled and trebled.

I have also gone for Felix Younger today. Hate to stray away from Oskar Whiskey but Henderson is having a poor week and Capt Conan pulled up.

Nice mate - I've got £20 on Annie Power simply because my wife is called Annie. Big Bucks @ 4-1 is a tempter though.

You seem to know your nags - Good luck to you fella. ;)

Oh and I've gone for Wonderful Charm EW for the 1.20. No brainer.....LOL

If Annie Power stays the trip she wins imo.
Confidence from the yard suggests she will and they love the mare so I'd be confident enough.

1.30.Felix Yonger
2.05 Utopie Des Bordes e.w
2.40 Al Ferof
3.20 Annie Power
4.00 Third Intention e.w
4.40 Balnaslow e.w

I got these through:

1:30 – Felix Younger. Oscar Whiskey is a tempter but his Cheltenham record is against him here.
2:05 – I would avoid this race, but if you really want a punt Jonjo O’Neil does have a fantastic record over hurdles at Cheltenham. The money is on the favourite, Fingal Bay.
2:40 – Benefficient or Dynaste.
3:20 – Big Bucks is 11 now, old horse and although he won his last race his was exhausted at the end, bounce factor a concern so one to avoid here. Annie Power isn’t suited to the ground so I’m backing Rule the World here.
4:00 – Colour Squadron, has a course & distance win.
4:40 – Same as the 2:05, avoid or follow Jonjo.
5:15 – Charity race, definitely avoid.

I'm about £300 up over the first two days. Was there yesterday and allowed myself to get sucked into betting on each race - damn that free booze - but had Faugheen and Sire De Grugy and won big on both so was a good day.

Been done on the line on both days in the second race. That £300 would be considerably bigger given that it would have bought home trebles on both occasions. That's racing I suppose.

I always try to avoid favs - I can't decide what to lose my money on today though.

For some reason AP is begging me to back him in the first race

Im going with Felix Younger, Benneficient and Annie Power, singles and a treble.

Rule the world as an ew saver in the world hurdle.

Seafood to be placed. PP paying out five places.

Im having a slow day. Hopefully it picks up with a few winners or places in the last few races.

Back
Top Bottom