• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Chinese "Devil Virus" - anyone worried?

You had the what jab? Sounds like you've been conned by a fraudster I'm afraid, perhaps draft your will just in case whilst your arm and brain still function.

How are you feeling today mate?

Not bad really, arm is a bit sore but nothing major and I woke up with a dehydrated kind of headache, but other than that I'm fine.

I've got a few days off work to do some decorating, just walked to the local shops and felt unusually knackered, but other than that (and the constant slobbering and incontinence), I feel fit as a fiddle.

Last edited:
The plus is that I now get to see my Grandson who was born at the end of December, I saw him briefly when they came home from the hospital but since then there's been a combination of Covid in the family and family members shielding/isolating (plus lockdown, obvs). So hopefully having had a test and now the first jab we can meet up outdoors for a bit in the next day or two.

Lockdown sucks arse.

That'll be great, hope it can happen.

And you're right, lockdown has so many negatives. I'm not gonna get all Rand Paul on this, I know why we need it, but it's finished me

I haven't been struggling that bad with the lockdowns. Although I think it's mainly because we had a pretty normal summer. There has been days where I'm just literally looking forward to the kids going to bed so I can have a few minutes of peace. We had crazy snow here on Tuesday so I managed to burn off some stress by having a snowball fight with my son, the thrill of smacking someone on the head with a snowball never goes away.

The plus is that I now get to see my Grandson who was born at the end of December, I saw him briefly when they came home from the hospital but since then there's been a combination of Covid in the family and family members shielding/isolating (plus lockdown, obvs). So hopefully having had a test and now the first jab we can meet up outdoors for a bit in the next day or two.

Lockdown sucks arse.

"vaccine effectiveness was still pretty much zero until about 14 days after people were vaccinated. But then after day 14 immunity rose gradually day by day to about 90% at day 21"

That's for the Pfizer jab. The Oxford jab is 22 days.

I haven't been struggling that bad with the lockdowns. Although I think it's mainly because we had a pretty normal summer. There has been days where I'm just literally looking forward to the kids going to bed so I can have a few minutes of peace. We had crazy snow here on Tuesday so I managed to burn off some stress by having a snowball fight with my son, the thrill of smacking someone on the head with a snowball never goes away.

:D I'm the same, or I was with the first lockdown, this time I'm feeling it a bit more. Probably because of the crappy weather, not being able to see the baby.. It's the longer term impact that worries me, both financially for the economy and also.. I've got to the mindset where I don't miss going the pub that much because I realise now how much money I've saved and how I've been able to spend the extra money from not going out, not travelling to work etc on doing up the house and stuff. I miss the social side of things, I miss going on a bender to Liverpool once every few weeks, but other than that, I feel it's forced me into becoming a homebird, which is something I see being difficult to shake off.

Regards employment, you realise who the good employers are and who the bad ones are. I have been treated brilliantly and we were very much in danger of going under, but my management team had everyone's backs and when my Mrs went through all kinds of shite with her employer, they had her back too and really went out their way to seek help and advice for her/us.

"vaccine effectiveness was still pretty much zero until about 14 days after people were vaccinated. But then after day 14 immunity rose gradually day by day to about 90% at day 21"

That's for the Pfizer jab. The Oxford jab is 22 days.

Thanks mate, I didn't know that. Christ, well we are all being laterally tested weekly, but it's not worth the risk. My daughter and her partner both had Covid and it didn't effect the baby one bit, but yeah.. Doesn't look like it's going to really change anything yet then, having the vaccine.

Lockdown sucks arse.

Is this your 10th grandchild mate?
And you're fucking 42!!! LEGEND

Is this your 10th grandchild mate?
And you're fucking 42!!! LEGEND

45 and 1st grandchild, so I'm doing pretty well considering I was 9 when I had my first sprog.

To dispel the myth though, I'm 45 and have 4x children aged 28, 22, 20 and 16. Two boys, two girls. I know everyone thinks I'm like Julie Andrews in the Sound of Music, getting followed around Runcorn's countryside by hundreds of kids, but it's just the 4.

45 and 1st grandchild, so I'm doing pretty well considering I was 9 when I had my first sprog.

To dispel the myth though, I'm 45 and have 4x children aged 28, 22, 20 and 16. Two boys, two girls. I know everyone thinks I'm like Julie Andrews in the Sound of Music, getting followed around Runcorn's countryside by hundreds of kids, but it's just the 4.

4x children in England - but you always neglect to mentioned your 4x in New York and the 2x you left in Brazil. That's 10 by my count.

Congrats though bro - enjoy the next stage in life.

As soon as I read "the thrill of smacking someone on the head with a ... " I was sure the next word was going to be shovel. I've got to stop playing Mafia 3.

Now we know you're lying ... as if there's any countryside in Runcorn.

We've had sunshine (ish) and weather approaching double digits for a couple of days this past week and its been boss and both me and my missus have commented on how its made us both feel more positive and generally just some Vit D & Sunshine make you feel more contented.

As soon as I read "the thrill of smacking someone on the head with a ... " I was sure the next word was going to be shovel. I've got to stop playing Mafia 3.
The idea of a shovel has crossed my mind...

Yep Table service only , no curfew and no substantial meal bs this time though.

Back
Top Bottom