• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Citeh match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
regarding the rest of the season, I think the state of our defence has truly sunk in today. i'd kind of blocked it out. we are going to be fucking murdered in the champions league at some point.

What do people think of Matip then? Is he being made to look a shambles by players around him, or is it six of one... ?

He's not convinced me but no one we've had in the backline the past few seasons has. This is why I've had concerns about Van Dijk and the price on him - Will he look any better?

That said, I just can't understand those who make out like Matip is some revelation at the back. Seems nervy and prone to concentration lapses. Much like Sakho really with a bit less of the Bambi legs.

What do people think of Matip then? Is he being made to look a shambles by players around him, or is it six of one... ?

Fair question, but difficult to answer. He has games where he looks assured and confident then he has games like today where he looks like Lovren Mk II swanning around complicating things for himself.

I don't think Klopp has any interest in setting up a defence to stop the opposition from scoring, hence players like Moreno and TAA who are far better going forward then backwards. I don't know how you judge players in that system, seems like it's every man for himself at times.

Classy interview from Pep, but he always was a classy in victory, sour in defeat type.

We don't need another centre back because it's difficult to find an available one, who is better than what we already have. LFC transfer logic.

Fair question, but difficult to answer. He has games where he looks assured and confident then he has games like today where he looks like Lovren Mk II swanning around complicating things for himself.

I don't think Klopp has any interest in setting up a defence to stop the opposition from scoring, hence players like Moreno and TAA who are far better going forward then backwards. I don't know how you judge players in that system, seems like it's every man for himself at times.

Bingo.

He's far too easily rattled. He doesn't follow strikers runs closely enough and it's too easy to get between him and his centre back partner (whoever that may be). Good job he cost fuck all really.

Ok mate you accept capitulation then but I won't and the club and the manager shouldn't either. Teams get players sent off all the time but that doesn't mean you are certain to get beat but if you show the attitude that our players did today then you always will.

I think we gave up in the second half when the match was over, not just when we went down a player. There is a difference.

Klopp took off our biggest goal threat at half time. So, make of that what you will.

He didn't have a good game today, but it's hard when the full back next to you is struggling as much as TAA did today. TAA's kid though, a talented one, but he will have games like this, especially against the quality CIty have. It's in games like this, we miss Clyne.

I think we gave up in the second half when the match was over, not just when we went down a player. There is a difference.

Klopp took off our biggest goal threat at half time. So, make of that what you will.
I disagree, the team gave up straight away and that's why we were down by two goals at half time rather than one goal. The lack of leadership on the pitch in the eight minutes of injury time was apparent and the team collectively failed to reorganise. Losing Mane should not make us worse defensively as he doesn't play in defence so why were we suddenly so shit at the back? I would say because they had given up on getting a result and the concentration levels suffered as a result.
It was a big test of character for our players and they failed miserably.
I agree that Klopp's substitution was bizarre but that shouldn't stop the players trying which they clearly did.

I disagree, the team gave up straight away and that's why we were down by two goals at half time rather than one goal. The lack of leadership on the pitch in the eight minutes of injury time was apparent and the team collectively failed to reorganise. Losing Mane should not make us worse defensively as he doesn't play in defence so why were we suddenly so shit at the back? I would say because they had given up on getting a result and the concentration levels suffered as a result.
It was a big test of character for our players and they failed miserably.
I agree that Klopp's substitution was bizarre but that shouldn't stop the players trying which they clearly did.

Fair enough. Obviously I disagree. We went down to 2 nil because TAA couldn't handle De Bruyne for their second.

I like to think it would have been a different second half if we gone into half time at 1 nil down with the match still to play for.

Teams get players sent off and don't lose 5-0. What's that phrase that pros sometimes trot out, it's difficult to play against 10 men as they focus on making themselves difficult to breakdown.
We just don't have that in our make-up.
Despite only having 10 men on the pitch we should be able to defend. At 3-0 down you usually just close shop. Shows that our defence still is shit, with no protection from midfield.

Klopp has a lot to answer for today. Playing City away is tough at the best of times with 11 v 11 and things undoubtedly went against us, but even at that a 5nil hammering and the manner of it all looks terrible. Can't help but think Klopp is a little one dimensional at times...relying heavily on our front 3, take them away as it transpired today and we're left short

Yes, a ending off but the one thing that came even more glaringly today is the fragile mentality if many of our players. Basically gave up. That really hurts.

Really dont understand why salah was taken off .. should have been firmnho and ox or sol put in his place. But that defence ... contempt only.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom