• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Clattenburg off to Saudi Arabia

Status
Not open for further replies.

HC

Very Well-Known
Leaving the prem to 'offficiate' football in suadi arabia and get more shit tats.

Thats a win for the premier league

Fair play to him, no doubt getting a massive payrise. Thought he might do one to China, can't blame him.

Saw some of the journos claiming he was fed up with Mike Riley aswell.
Not sure if its a win. He's a weird fella but a decent ref.

The statement from the FA show how deluded they are about the PLs referees.

Yeah can't blame him at all. Massive pay rise and he get's to pay off that £60,000 failed business venture he managed to fuck up. Personally I'm glad the preening, grand standing bellend is going. He often makes me want to hurl a steaming cup of assam at the TV with his 'Look at me' reffing. Maybe that's just me though......

The first thing that went through my head is that he hopefully fucks up big out there and breaks one of their Islamic laws. Then the world can finally be rid of the useless twat.

Good fucking riddance - the cunt has cost us 4 points this season. Cannot stand the self important twat, and I don't know how this reputation has grown up that he is decent - he's utter cack

I don't agree. It may not be saying much given the standard of refereeing we tend to see nowadays, but he's defo one of the best IMO. Whoever we get instead of him will almost inevitably be worse.

He's a very good ref but one who is exceptionally likely to have an absolute stinker of a game. That made him a really worrying appointment for big games. Good riddance to the preening pratt.

I've a mate who lives in Saudi. He says there's fuck all to do but make your own wine and get hammered with the other foreigners. 0% income tax, though.

Best of a bad bunch, but I cannot stand his face. He seems incredibly self absorbed. If the money is excellent you can't really blame him for going.

He will love the fact that this is news.

I just hope he has room on his fore arms for all his Middle-Eastern related achievements. The pillock.

I don't know if it's related to the hammering and lack of support when he was accused of racism by those chavs. The FA and referee's body just left him to facevthw baying mob. The money does help, of course.

The press have been pretty shit on reporting the actual reasons behind this. From what I understand, given his recent performances both at the Euros (Semi Final & Final), World Cup (QF), CL Final recently - he has been told he isn't allowed to do big games at any of the next Euros or WC, or CL. The regulations about what he is allowed to do have meant he has reffed at the highest games possible, and won't be allowed to again. Shame. As refs go, he is one of the better ones IMO.

I've a mate who lives in Saudi. He says there's fuck all to do but make your own wine and get hammered with the other foreigners. 0% income tax, though.

Spent three months there on and off. In a hotel with absolutely fuck all to do but read books and watch films. You feel like your every step is being watched. It's a shocking place. Very very oppressive feeling let alone the 40deg heat which is hard work. One plus had an amazing steak there though.
Also watched some of there football, our non-league is better.
Saw Rene Huigita there in the hotel as he's the Riyadh team's goal keeping coach or at least was three years ago

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom