• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Confirmed transfers 2011/12

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote author=Judge Jules link=topic=45444.msg1374019#msg1374019 date=1312359608]
[quote author=Dirty Sanchez link=topic=45444.msg1373955#msg1373955 date=1312339348]
I actually think they have a point.
[/quote]

What point would that be?
[/quote]

. . . that the culture/food/weather is shit where they're at.
Keep up with the thread Jules.

I'm well up with the thread, thanks very much. I couldn't quite believe someone on here was actually agreeing with these over-pampered homeboys.

[quote author=Herr Onceared link=topic=45444.msg1374808#msg1374808 date=1312533724]
I heard Thomas Ince has signed for Blackpool.
[/quote]

Yeah, for 100k apparently

TOM Ince is officially a Blackpool player after completing his move from Liverpool.

The 19-year-old agreed personal terms last night after the Seasiders finalised a compensation package, believed to be £100,000, with the Merseyside club.

Blackburn Rovers
David Goodwillie (Dundee United) - £2.8m

0,,10303~9856480,00.jpg

[quote author=Binny link=topic=45444.msg1372057#msg1372057 date=1311957812]

Genoa
Sebastien Frey (Fiorentina) - undisclosed fee
[/quote]

freyoktifosi11.big.jpg

[quote author=ILD link=topic=45444.msg1375263#msg1375263 date=1312629989]
N'zobia went to Villa? Missed that.. no talk of it?
[/quote]

0,,10265~9860446,00.jpg

Made a scoring 'debut' in friendly vs Sporting Braga yesterday.

Anzhi Makhachkala
Yury Zhirkov (Chelsea) - undisclosed fee

Another great signing by the club after PSV's Balazs Dzsudzsak. That's a pretty strong left flank.

West Brom
Marton Fulop (Ipswich) - undisclosed fee

[quote author=Ryan link=topic=45444.msg1373935#msg1373935 date=1312330787]
Javier Pastore.
[/quote]

54529.jpg

He's signed for 10M. He better not be fucking awesome.

Here's one for the future for ya; we spent 20M on Henderson, which would also have got Wickham and this Chamberlain lad. Remember that.

[quote author=Ryan link=topic=45444.msg1376576#msg1376576 date=1312852614]

Here's one for the future for ya; we spent 20M on Henderson, which would also have got Wickham and this Chamberlain lad. Remember that.
[/quote]

Arsenal

Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain (Southampton) - down-payment of £6.5million in a deal that could rise to £11.5m

zp_120813938_SM_1112_5_97E340B_1536.jpg

[/quote]

I thought you were a fan of Henderson Ryan? Weren't you bigging him up when we first signed him?

On a side note, does anyone have the exact figures for the Henderson and Downing deals?

[quote author=ILD link=topic=45444.msg1376590#msg1376590 date=1312859645]

[/quote]

I thought you were a fan of Henderson Ryan? Weren't you bigging him up when we first signed him?

On a side note, does anyone have the exact figures for the Henderson and Downing deals?
[/quote]

I am a fan, he's a good player. Every deal's a risk though, and those two (Wickham/Chamberlain) are highly rated so if they turn out to be better in the long run than Henderson for effectvely the same money, then it's s shit deal.

[quote author=Binny link=topic=45444.msg1375204#msg1375204 date=1312595158]
Blackburn Rovers
David Goodwillie (Dundee United) - £2.8m

0,,10303~9856480,00.jpg

[/quote]

Been away for a while so unable to comment on this one at the time..............potentially an excellent signing, he's a very skillful player with an eye for goal and took the penalties for Dundee United last season. As we all know, players signing from inferior leagues might not necessarily make the step-up in class but I think this guy will and should be under definite consideration for Fantasy Football inclusion.

Pesam who were the other low key players you were bigging up? Pratley was one? Any other's? Might chuck them on my fantasy football team if cheap. Thanks.

[quote author=ILD link=topic=45444.msg1376614#msg1376614 date=1312874544]
Pesam who were the other low key players you were bigging up? Pratley was one? Any other's? Might chuck them on my fantasy football team if cheap. Thanks.
[/quote]

I've mentioned Ashley Williams (CB) quite regularly over the last few seasons and I think he'll prove easily upto EPL standard. Swansea have had the best defensive record in The Championship for the last 2 seasons primarily IMO because of him. They have now added another quality young CB on loan from Spurs, called Caulker, and I'm putting them both in my team because they're cheap and if my hunch that Swansea will be relatively tight at the back is correct then picking them both could double the return.

Also for Swansea, I think Danny Graham could score at least 10-12 goals and maybe more. Pratley will do well but I'm not 100% sure he'll be a regular starter at first - we'll see. I think I'm going to put Goodwillie in because he's impressed me over the last couple of seasons.

I'm just back from a 10 day piss up in the Czech Republic and only got to bed at 2am this morning so my brain is frazzled but as I think of more I'll add to this post during the day.

Craig Gardner & Jay bothroyd are two interesting ones............. after years of watching Bothroyd I still can't figure him out, he has power, technique and confidence in abundance but I'm not sure he has the brains for the Premier League and I think defences should figure him out. Gardner is like David Platt used to be and I suppose David Dunn is (or was when he was younger) in that he's a midfielder who scores goals but if you take his goals away there's nothing else - I don't think Gardner's good enough for the EPL but if he plays he'll almost certainly score goals.

Gareth McAuley is a CB signed by WBA (from Ipswich) and although it's hard to make a case for WBA keeping too many clean sheets McAuley usually pops up with 5 or 6 goals per season and many assist because at 6'7'' he wins everything in the air.

I wouldn't bother with Chris Eagles of Bolton. I saw him many times at Burnley and he plays one good game (albeit very good) every 5 games.

Connor Wickham i haven't seen enough of to judge but i reckon he'll be too expensive (on Fantasy football) to be worth the risk.

Anthony Pilkington (norwich) is definitely woth a risk, he'll probably be cheap and could get 7 or 8 goals with a lot more assists. Similarly Elliott Bennett (also Norwich) could be a good investment but I'm not sure he'll start too regularly at the start of the season

Blackburn
Radosav Petrovic (FK Partizan) - undisclosed fee

Newcastle
Gabriel Obertan (Man Utd) - £3.25m
0,,10278~9871965,00.jpg

Upson to Stoke.

If on form and fit (unlikely as it is) they will have Woodgate and Upson, both good enough for England at one stage. That's a decent step up from what they had in Huth & Shawcross.

I don't think Upson's an improvement on the current two TBH. Shawcross would be my preference out of the three of them, and I'd probably prefer Huth as well now, though that wouldn't always have been so.

Woodgate's a special case because he *could* have been among the best ever but for being permacrocked. If even three-quarters of that ability is still there, he certainly could improve them.

[quote author=Bradley link=topic=45444.msg1376991#msg1376991 date=1312909417]
Upson to Stoke.

If on form and fit (unlikely as it is) they will have Woodgate and Upson, both good enough for England at one stage. That's a decent step up from what they had in Huth & Shawcross.
[/quote]

4 good CB's, does this mean shawcross is off?

[quote author=Bradley link=topic=45444.msg1376991#msg1376991 date=1312909417]
Upson to Stoke.
[/quote]

0,,10310~9873959,00.jpg

Seeing he was a free agent, wonder which were the clubs that were seriously in for him.

[quote author=Pesam link=topic=45444.msg1376661#msg1376661 date=1312880258]
[quote author=ILD link=topic=45444.msg1376614#msg1376614 date=1312874544]
[/quote]

I've mentioned Ashley Williams (CB) quite regularly over the last few seasons and I think he'll prove easily upto EPL standard. Swansea have had the best defensive record in The Championship for the last 2 seasons primarily IMO because of him. They have now added another quality young CB on loan from Spurs, called Caulker, and I'm putting them both in my team because they're cheap and if my hunch that Swansea will be relatively tight at the back is correct then picking them both could double the return.

Also for Swansea, I think Danny Graham could score at least 10-12 goals and maybe more. Pratley will do well but I'm not 100% sure he'll be a regular starter at first - we'll see. I think I'm going to put Goodwillie in because he's impressed me over the last couple of seasons.

I'm just back from a 10 day piss up in the Czech Republic and only got to bed at 2am this morning so my brain is frazzled but as I think of more I'll add to this post during the day.

Craig Gardner & Jay bothroyd are two interesting ones............. after years of watching Bothroyd I still can't figure him out, he has power, technique and confidence in abundance but I'm not sure he has the brains for the Premier League and I think defences should figure him out. Gardner is like David Platt used to be and I suppose David Dunn is (or was when he was younger) in that he's a midfielder who scores goals but if you take his goals away there's nothing else - I don't think Gardner's good enough for the EPL but if he plays he'll almost certainly score goals.

Gareth McAuley is a CB signed by WBA (from Ipswich) and although it's hard to make a case for WBA keeping too many clean sheets McAuley usually pops up with 5 or 6 goals per season and many assist because at 6'7'' he wins everything in the air.

I wouldn't bother with Chris Eagles of Bolton. I saw him many times at Burnley and he plays one good game (albeit very good) every 5 games.

Connor Wickham i haven't seen enough of to judge but i reckon he'll be too expensive (on Fantasy football) to be worth the risk.

Anthony Pilkington (norwich) is definitely woth a risk, he'll probably be cheap and could get 7 or 8 goals with a lot more assists. Similarly Elliott Bennett (also Norwich) could be a good investment but I'm not sure he'll start too regularly at the start of the season
[/quote]

Thanks, something to think about anyway.

[quote author=Binny link=topic=45444.msg1377160#msg1377160 date=1312940019]
West Brom
Shane Long (Reading) - £6.5m
[/quote]

If he and Odemwingie click together they'll cause teams problems.

Or does it mean Odemwingie might be on his way?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom