• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Confirmed Transfers 2014/2015

Chelsea - Costa (buyout clause met... £32m?)

http://www.chelseafc.com/news-article/article/3943327/title/costa-agreement-reached

0,,10268~12943177,00.jpg

COSTA AGREEMENT REACHED

Posted on: Tue 01 Jul 2014
Chelsea Football Club can confirm an agreement has been reached with Atletico Madrid for the transfer of Diego Costa, with Chelsea meeting the buy-out clause for the Spanish international.

Newcastle - Siem de Jong (undisclosed fee, reportedly £6 million)
0,,10278~12943789,00.jpg

[article=http://www.nufc.co.uk/articles/20140701/united-sign-siem-de-jong_2281670_3943578]Newcastle United have completed the signing of Ajax captain Siem de Jong.

The 25-year-old Dutch international attacking midfielder has moved to Tyneside for an undisclosed fee, signing a six-year deal at St. James' Park.

De Jong, who can also operate as a striker, came through the youth system at Ajax before making his debut in September 2007.

Since then, the four-time Eredivisie champion has appeared almost 250 times for the Dutch giants, scoring 78 goals, and was appointed their captain in the summer of 2012.

De Jong, whose younger brother Luuk spent six months on loan at Newcastle during the 2013/14 campaign, has also played in the Champions League and Europa League.

Despite being Switzerland-born, de Jong made his international debut for Holland in August 2010 and was part of the Netherlands' provisional squad for Euro 2012. To date, he has six senior caps, scoring two goals.

He said: "It is great to have signed for Newcastle. It is a big club which my brother told me all about, so I already feel good here.

"I had been at Ajax a long time and wanted a new challenge in a new environment and a new country.

"Coming to Newcastle is a great opportunity and the chance to play for a club like this in the Premier League was one I could not turn down.

"I am looking forward to starting training and meeting my new teammates and hopefully we can have a successful season."

Newcastle United manager Alan Pardew added: "We are absolutely overjoyed to bring Siem to the Club because he will give us intelligence in the final third and create goalscoring situations, which we lacked towards the end of last season.

"It is a big signing for this Club. Siem brings massive experience from Ajax, I think our fans are going to enjoy the way he plays and I cannot wait to start working with him."[/article]

Aston Villa - Roy Keane (assistant manager)

http://www.avfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10265~3942830,00.html
[article]
Confirmed: Roy Keane appointed Villa assistant manager
By Brian Doogan

Paul Lambert believes Roy Keane's experience, knowledge and qualities as a longstanding, leading professional will provide valuable impetus going into the new season, as Keane's appointment as Aston Villa assistant manager was confirmed.

Keane will begin his new role ahead of the Villa squad's return to pre-season training on Monday, July 7, while continuing in his position as Republic of Ireland assistant manager, and he is relishing the prospect of returning to the Barclays Premier League with Villa.

"I am delighted to be joining Aston Villa and I look forward to what promises to be an exciting challenge," Keane said.

"I am grateful to both Villa and the Football Association of Ireland for making this happen and I would like also to thank Martin O'Neill.

"I am relishing the prospect of linking up with Paul Lambert and combining both roles to the full advantage of both Villa and Ireland".

The Villa manager has no doubt that Keane's input will be a huge asset during the upcoming campaign having got to know him well over a number of years.

"Roy has a great knowledge of football, on the coaching side as well, and he'll be a great asset and a big help to everybody here at Aston Villa Football Club," Lambert said.

"I'm really looking forward to working with him and I'm delighted that he's here.

"As a player, he was one of the most accomplished in the history of the Barclays Premier League and he's brought that experience gained over many years into his career in coaching and management. The players will love working with him.

"Although we never played together, we competed against one another and he's someone for whom I have a lot of time and respect. He has worked under some great managers, some of the most successful in the game, and he'll be a great help to myself as well.

"Roy brought Sunderland up out of the Championship and into the Premier League, he gained further experience at Ipswich - where we were close rivals while I was manager at Norwich - and he's now working at international level as assistant manager with the Republic of Ireland.

"All of that experience and knowledge along with the qualities he has as a longstanding, leading professional in the game means he will bring a lot to the table. We're delighted to have him here."

Keane began his career in management immediately after his retirement as a player, taking charge of Sunderland in August 2006.

In his first season he led Sunderland to the summit of the Championship, twice winning the Championship manager of the month award and, at the end of the season, the Championship manager of the year award.

The Black Cats finished 15th in the Premier League in 2007-08 before Keane's departure in December the following season.

He managed Ipswich from April 2009 to January 2011 before joining the Republic of Ireland as assistant manager to Martin O'Neill.

Keane began his playing career with Cobh Ramblers in Cork before joining Brian Clough's Nottingham Forest in 1990.

He played 123 times in all competitions for Forest before joining Manchester United for a then-British record £3.75m transfer fee in 1993.

He went on to reach the pinnacle of English and European football at United, winning seven Premier League titles, four FA Cups and the Champions League, as well as four Community Shields.

He was named to the PFA Team of the Year five times, won the FWA and PFA Player of the Year awards in 2000 and was named as part of the FIFA 100 in 2004, the 100 greatest living footballers.

He moved to Celtic in 2005 where he won the Scottish Premier League and League Cup double before retiring as a player in June 2006.

He has also played a prominent role in ITV's football coverage as chief football analyst before relinquishing the role prior to the World Cup in Brazil.[/article]

Villa is going to be some mad house next season. Picked up Senderos and Cole, now Keane as manager-in-waiting. Supposedly also have just 10m to spend this summer. Odds on for relegation next season?

Ryan guald is living the dream. 18 year old lad,wakes up as a dundee United player and then whammy transfer to sporting Lisbon with €60m buyout clause slapped on his noggin.

Ryan guald is living the dream. 18 year old lad,wakes up as a dundee United player and then whammy transfer to sporting Lisbon with €60m buyout clause slapped on his noggin.

Midfielder Ryan Gauld has completed his move to Sporting Lisbon from Dundee United for an undisclosed fee.
The 18-year-old has agreed a six-year contract with the Portuguese club, which includes a 60m euro buy-out clause.
Both clubs issued short statements confirming the deal for the Scotland U21 international.
"Everyone at the club wishes Ryan sincere best wishes in his future career," said United.
A series of eye-catching performances last season earned Aberdeen-born Gauld the nickname 'Mini-Messi' and he was short-listed for the PFA Scotland Young Player of the Year, which was won by team-mate Andy Robertson.
Having made his United debut in May 2012, his rise to prominence with Jackie McNamara's team led to an extended contract at Tannadice as soon as he turned 18.
He scored eight goals in 38 appearances in the last campaign as United finished fourth in the Premiership and runners-up in the Scottish Cup.
United boss McNamara won 33 caps for Scotland and has every faith that Gauld will be a key player on the international stage.
"He's going to be a massive star in our national team, there's no doubt about that," McNamara told BBC Scotland in December. "He will be one of the greats of our game."
Champions of Portugal on 18 occasions, Sporting finished second behind city rivals Benfica in the Primeira Liga last term.

Very interesting move for a young Scottish lad to make . Could work out extremely well for him but guess the gamble is if he can settle there. I always have respect for british and irish players who leave the comfort of their home leagues. More should do it .

BrhJqWbCYAAyCKP.jpg

Seems like a good choice given Sporting's reputation for nurturing young talents. Their new manager was the ex-Spain U21 manager too.

Napoli - Kalidou Koulibaly (undisclosed fee, reportedly €8 million)
BrebZbECUAAJqfk.jpg

[article]Napoli have completed the signing of French defender Kalidou Koulibaly, the Serie A club have announced.

The 23-year-old has signed a five-year deal with Rafael Benitez's side and joins from Belgian club Genk, where he has spent the past two seasons.

"I'm thrilled to be playing with Napoli, a club that has a big important project," the centre-half told sscnapoli.it.

"I'm ready for this adventure, I am looking forward to starting work with my new team-mates and to be able to experience the thrill of the Stadio San Paolo."

Koulibaly began his professional career at Metz in 2010 before moving to the Pro League where he played 64 league games, scoring three goals.

Meanwhile, Napoli have also announced that goalkeeper Roberto Colombo and full-back Giandomenico Mesto have agreed new contracts with the club.

Details of the extended deals were not disclosed.[/article]

Charlton - Franck Moussa (free transfer)
moussa-signs-3-cropped83-1711177_478x359.jpg

[article=http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/20141702-franck-moussa-signs-1711034.aspx]Charlton have signed Franck Moussa on a two-year contract, the club announced on Wednesday morning.

The goal-scoring midfielder arrives at The Valley as a free agent having left Coventry City at the end of his previous contract following a successful spell with the Sky Blues.

Moussa found the net on 14 occasions for Coventry last term and has a reputation as a scorer of eye-catching goals, with his effort against Preston North End having been voted as his former club’s best of the 2013/14 campaign by supporters.

Incredibly, he finished first, second and third in the club’s goal of the season vote having also received acclaim for his efforts against Leyton Orient and Port Vale.

His skilful effort against the O’s awed fans of clubs around the country and it was named as Goal of the Year at the 2014 Football League Awards.

Moussa will join up with his new team-mates immediately and will be a part of the Charlton squad which leaves for Belgium on Friday afternoon to take part in the Philips Stayen Cup.

Individual day tickets can be purchased online for the competition, priced just €10 adults and free for children. Click here for more details.

"I’m delighted," said Moussa, who completed his medical at Sparrows Lane on Wednesday morning.

"I was looking to sign for a good team and I think I’ve found this in Charlton.

"I had a phonecall to come and have a chat with the manager and meet the people here and I had a good feeling straight away.

"I’ve played against them before and The Valley is a great stadium so as soon as I heard of the interest it happened really quickly after that.

"To me I’ve only known Charlton as a Premier League club," he continued.

"The fact they’re not there at the moment just tells me that they will want to go back there at some time and I’m sure that will happen.

"I’m just glad to be part of this football club and hopefully we will have some success."

Having started his career in the youth ranks at Anderlecht, the 24-year-old also spent time in the academy at West Ham United before making his breakthrough into senior football at Southend United.

His performances at Roots Hall caught the eye of then Championship side Leicester City, who signed him on a two-year contract before the 2010/11 season.

He joined Coventry City before the 2012/13 season and was a fan favourite of management and supporters during his two-year spell with the League One side.

The Brussels-born player’s overall impact from midfield saw him finish third in the Sky Blues’ Player of the Season standings last season, as voted on by the fans.

Moussa becomes the club’s third summer signing, following midfielder Yoni Buyens and Igor Vetokele.[/article]

Lazio - Dusan Basta, Filip Djordevic and Marco Parolo
[article]Lazio began gearing up for the new Serie A campaign with the official announcement of three new signings on Wednesday.

The club had already made it known that they were on the verge of signing Serbian defender Dusan Basta, countryman Filip Djordjevic and Parma midfielder Marco Parolo, and now the deals have been rubber-stamped.

A statement on www.sslazio.it on Wednesday morning read: "SS Lazio announces that it has filed the contract of Filip Djordjevic."

A second statement then followed confirming the two further arrivals, saying: "SS Lazio announces that it has filed the contracts of Dusan Basta and Marco Parolo."

Parolo, who has signed a five-year contract, scored eight goals in 36 league appearances to help Parma finish sixth in Serie A last season.

The 29-year-old's strong performances earned him a place in Italy's World Cup squad and he featured in two games in Brazil.

Basta, 29, has signed a four-year deal after arriving from Udinese while 26-year-old striker Djordjevic moves to Rome on a free transfer after seven campaigns with French side Nantes.

Lazio president Claudio Lotito told Mediaset on Tuesday: "We intend to strengthen the team, the next stage will involve the defence.

"I hope that pundits and fans take note of this with satisfaction and leave their old attitudes and prejudices behind.

"Lazio need the support and affection of their fans."

Lazio finished in a disappointing ninth place last season and will be coached by Stefano Pioli during the 2014-15 campaign after Edy Reja resigned in June.[/article]

Burnley - Matt Gilks (free transfer)
gilks-4x3113-1712231_478x359.JPG

[article=http://www.burnleyfootballclub.com/news/article/clarets-snap-up-gilks-020614-1712235.aspx]Burnley Football Club is delighted to announce the signing of former Blackpool goalkeeper Matt Gilks.

The Scotland international, a free agent, becomes the Clarets’ second signing of the summer after agreeing a two-year deal at Turf Moor, subject to Premier League and FA approval.

Rochdale-born Gilks, 32, began his career with his hometown club, where he spent seven seasons and made almost 200 appearances as a regular before joining Norwich City in 2007.

At Carrow Road, injuries restricted his opportunities of becoming the Canaries’ number one and within 12 months he had joined Blackpool where, following an initial loan spell at Shrewsbury he soon established himself at Bloomfield Road.

Gilks made his league debut for the Tangerines in January 2009 and was soon a virtual ever-present, helping the club achieve promotion to the Premier League in 2010 and completing 200 appearances for the club in the 2013/14 season before his current contract expired this summer.

While at Blackpool, he also made his international debut for the Scots in 2012, as a first half substitute in a friendly against Australia.

Gilks joins Tom Heaton, Alex Cisak and youngster Daniel Nizic in the Clarets’ goalkeeping pool and will link up with his new team mates on the Clarets’ return to pre-season training later this week.[/article]

Juventus - Stefano Sturaro (€5.5 million + add ons - loaned to Genoa for 14/15 season)
BrdokRDIcAAUrbR.jpg

[article]Juventus have acquired the full sporting rights of Italian midfielder Stefano Sturaro from Genoa, the Serie A champions announced today.

The 21-year-old has signed a five-year contract with the Turin giants and, as part of the agreement, Sturaro will play on loan at Genoa next season.

A statement from Juventus read: "Juventus Football Club can today confirm the signing of Stefano Sturaro from Genoa C.F.C. for an initial fee of €5.5million to be paid over three years.

"The 21-year-old midfielder, who has penned a five-year contract with I Bianconeri, will spend the 2014/15 campaign on loan at the Stadio Luigi Ferraris."

Sturaro, who came through Genoa's youth ranks, scored one goal in 16 league appearances for I Grifoni last season - his maiden Serie A campaign - as the club finished 14th in the standings.[/article]

Lekhwiya - Michael Laudrup (Head Coach)
BrkyVuECcAAtkHV.jpg

[article]Michael Laudrup has been appointed as the new coach of Lekhwiya, the Qatari club have announced.

The Dane has been out of a job since leaving Swansea in February, just a year after winning the Capital One Cup -- the first major trophy in the Welsh club's history.

Doha-based outfit Lekhwiya are the champions of Qatar and were previously coached by Belgian Eric Gerets.

The club said on their official website that details of his contract would be announced at a later date.

Former Barcelona and Real Madrid midfielder Laudrup admitted he may look for a challenge beyond football management when his deal with Lekhwiya expires.

He told Danish newspaper Politiken: "I'm now entering my final phase as a coach. Although whether Lekhwiya will be my final or penultimate club I can't say.

"And I don't know either whether this phase while last two, three of four years. The answer is blowing in the wind.''[/article]

Blackburn - Luke Varney (free transfer)
[article=http://www.rovers.co.uk/news/article/varney-completes-rovers-move-1708442.aspx#JpPOEEbKeueLYuJI.99]Luke Varney has today joined Blackburn Rovers on a permanent deal.

The forward, who spent three months on loan with the club at the end of last season - making 12 appearances - has signed a one-year contract after leaving Leeds United.

Leicester-born, the forward started out in non-league football, before securing a move to Crewe Alexandra in 2003.

After a four-year spell with the Railwaymen, in which he made over 100 appearances, scoring 35 goals, Varney moved to Championship club Charlton Athletic for a reported £2m fee.

After netting 10 times in 58 appearances for the Addicks, Varney joined Derby County in November 2008, initially on loan, before the move was made permanent in January 2009, again for a seven-figure sum.

However, a change of management and a series of injuries meant Varney never got an extended run in the Rams' side. He enjoyed three separate loan spells with Sheffield Wednesday, making 43 appearances in total, scoring 11 goals.

Varney got amongst the goals again during stints with Blackpool and Portsmouth, before joining Leeds United on a free transfer in the summer of 2012. In his 18 months at Elland Road, the 31-year-old scored eight goals from 50 appearances.[/article]

Fulham - Kay Voser (undisclosed fee)
article-0-1F56B6D700000578-602_634x359.jpg

[article=http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2014/july/02/voser-joins-fulham]Fulham Football Club is delighted to announce the signing of Kay Voser from FC Basel on a two-year deal, with an option for a further year. The fee is undisclosed.

The 27-year-old defender signed for Basel in 2011. During his three seasons at the club, he helped them to three Swiss Super League titles and one Swiss Cup.

He started his senior career at Grasshopper-Club Zurich, making more than 120 appearances between 2005 and 2011.

Last season, Voser made eight appearances in the UEFA Champions League which included two group match victories against Chelsea.[/article]

Real Sociedad - Alfred Finnbogason (reportedly €7.5 million + add ons up to €2.5 million)
Brjg4FpIEAAntry.jpg

[article]Alfred Finnbogason is heading to La Liga and Real Sociedad, the club announced via their official website on Wednesday, having agreed terms with both the player and his club, Dutch side Heerenveen.

The Icelandic international was the leading scorer in the Eredivisie last season, in excellent form with 29 goals in 31 league appearances.

Talks began between the two clubs earlier this month, though with plenty of other interest, Heerenveen were keen to get the best price possible, for one of their strongest assets.

Although neither club has officially declared the value of the Finnbogason deal, it is expected that Real Sociedad will pay an initial fee of €7.5 million, with a further €2.5 million based on performance related additions.

Real Sociedad also announced that Finnbogason has passed his medical with the Basque club, has agreed terms on a deal until June 2018 and shortly, they will announce when his official presentation press conference will be held.[/article]

Was wondering when Finnbogason was going to get his big break, having topped in the Dutch league scoring charts in the season just completed, and finishing a close 2nd or 3rd to Bony / Altidore the season before.

Is it me or does the term 'Top scorer in Eridivisie' get bandied about a lot.
Every cunt seems to be top scorer in Eridivisie.

Thats what I would have thought but it doesnt seem to be.

Well, some stuff to pass time:

Back in the '90s, the top scorers in the Eredivisie were mostly truly top class players: Romario, Bergkamp, Litmanen and Ronaldo. Okay, Luc Nillis and Nikos Machlas led the scorers from 95/96 to 97/98 but I suppose that was when the classy guys had left. Van Nistelrooy then emerged to head the scoring charts in the last 2 seasons of the '90s.

From 2000/2001 onwards, things started to drop down a level or two. The top scorers from 2000 to 2010 include: Kezman, van Hoojdonk, Kuyt, Huntelaar, Alfonso Alves, El Hamdaoui (who?) and Suarez. Our crazy fucking Uruguayan and perhaps Huntelaar aside, none of the rest have actually been that great in the serious leagues after leaving the Netherlands.

From 2010 onwards, Bony aside, the top scorers have gotten even more anonymous. Viemickx (what?), Bas Dost (huh?) and Finnbogason last season. From clips I've seen in the past, Finnbogason is pretty clinical, but not that pacy or tricky. Will be interesting to see if he can step up in the La Liga.

Al Jazira - Mirko Vucini (€6.3 million)
BrtESCpCQAA83FR.jpg

[article]Al Jazira have confirmed they have completed a deal to sign Juventus’ Mirko Vucinic, handing the striker a three-year contract.

Reports emerged earlier this week that the UAE outfit had come in with a bid for the Montenegrin and yesterday he was reported as having landed in Abu Dhabi to undergo medical tests.

On from this, the club have confirmed via their official Twitter feed that they have completed formalities with Vucinic and ‘officially signed’ him.

The club’s brief statement also says details of the deal will be revealed at a Press conference next week.[/article]

Valencia - Nuno Espírito Santo (manager)

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/28160951

[article]Valencia appoint ex-Porto keeper Nuno as new coach

Spanish side Valencia have appointed former Porto and Deportivo La Coruna goalkeeper Nuno as their new coach.

The 40-year-old, who had been in charge of Portuguese club Rio Ave since 2012, will be officially presented on Friday.

"Valencia have reached agreement with Nuno Espirito Santo for a contract until June 30, 2015 with an option for a further season," the club said.

He takes over from Antonio Pizzi, who was sacked this week after just over six months in charge.

Argentine Pizzi led Valencia to the semi-finals of the Europa League last season where they lost to eventual winners Sevilla.

However, the Mestalla side could only finish eighth in La Liga and missed out on European football for the 2014-15 campaign.

Nuno left Deportivo after five years in 2002 and joined Porto where he won the 2004 Champions League title under current Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho.

Singapore businessman Peter Lim took over Valencia in May. [/article]

Gonna be interesting to see if yet another (Southeast) Asia-based owner turns a club upside down.

West Ham - Aaron Cresswell (undisclosed fee, reportedly £3.5 million, rising to around £7 million based on various add-ons)
BryPdh_CMAAbBOd.jpg

[article=http://www.whufc.com/articles/20140703/hammers-snap-up-cresswell_2236884_3947722]West Ham United are delighted to announce the signing of highly-rated left-back Aaron Cresswell.

The 24-year-old has joined the Hammers from Championship side Ipswich Town on a five-year contract for an undisclosed fee.

Born in Liverpool, Cresswell began his career with Tranmere Rovers before moving to Portman Road in 2011. He has enjoyed three outstanding seasons with the Tractor Boys, making nearly 150 appearances and earning Player of the Year honours in 2012.

A consistently impressive performer who has long been linked with a move to the Barclays Premier League, Cresswell joined Tranmere as a schoolboy before making his first-team debut at 18 in November 2008.

The 5'7" full-back played 80 times for the Super White Army over three seasons, scoring six goals, before moving up a division to Ipswich in summer 2011.

An outstanding debut season for the Suffolk club saw Cresswell voted Ipswich's Player of the Year for 2011/12.

He has followed that with two further impressive campaigns during which he has missed just four league matches - two of those through suspension and two through injury.

Last term, his outstanding all-round displays saw Cresswell voted into the Championship Team of the Year by his fellow professionals.[/article]

Bayer Leverkusen - Hakan Calhanoglu (reportedly £7.5 million)
BrtPTFkIgAAdQ2K.jpg

[article]Bayer 04 have signed Turkey international Hakan Calhanoglu. The club has agreed the transfer of the 20-year-old from Hamburg SV – pending a medical to be held today – on a contract to 30 June 2019.

“We’re very happy this transfer has been completed and intensive and always fair negotiations with HSV,”
declared Bayer 04 CEO Michael Schade. “Hakan Calhanoglu is just the player we wanted. His early and clear desire to come to Bayer 04 encouraged us to continue with the negotiations even when though they were very tricky at times. That makes us look forward even more to working with Hakan Calhanoglu in aiming to achieve our targets.”

Sporting director Rudi Völler believes Calhanoglu will play a decisive role in assembling a strong and competitive squad for the years ahead: “Thanks to his qualities as a playmaker and his ability to score goals Hakan Calhanoglu definitely strengthens our squad. He brings a hard to predict and creative approach,” said Völler. “Hakan should and will give our team an important boost in terms of quality.”

For Hakan Calhanoglu the move to Leverkusen fulfils a longstanding desire to compete on the European stage at club level: “I had a great time at Hamburg but I can take the next step forward at Leverkusen. Bayer 04 are a great team who have regularly been in European competitions over the years. Playing for Leverkusen in the Champions League and being at the top end of the Bundesliga represent a big challenge for me. I’m really looking forward to it and I’ll give my all to help the team.”[/article]
[article]
Hakan Calhanoglu is here. The 20-year-old, whose transfer from Hamburg SV to Bayer 04 was confirmed today, has already arrived in Leverkusen. He underwent an orthopaedic examination in the Mediapark Clinic in Cologne before a clinical examination by the Bayer 04 team doctor Dr. Karl-Heinrich Dittmar.

“I’m very happy the transfer has gone through,” declared Hakan Calhanoglu, who will wear the number 10 shirt for the Werkself, before adding: “Bayer 04 were keen to sign me and my aim from the start was to come here. Leverkusen are a great team.”

The attacking midfielder juggled a couple of balls on the BayArena pitch to demonstrate his technical skills to the assembled photographers. Hakan Calhanoglu will make his first appearance on the training ground next week when he joins his new-team mates in a full training session.[/article]

Udinese - Dejan Stankovic (Assistant Coach)
[article]Former Inter midfielder Dejan Stankovic has been appointed as assistant to Udinese coach Andrea Stramaccioni.

The duo previously worked together at San Siro, where Stramaccioni coached Inter from 2012 to 2013.

And Stankovic declared his pride at being given the opportunity to start his coaching career at Stadio Friuli.

"I am very proud to be here starting this new adventure," he told Udinese Channel. "First of all I want to thank the club for giving me this opportunity to learn and pass on my hunger, grit and experience to a pretty young squad that really wants to prove itself.

"I also thank coach Stramaccioni for his faith in me. Our rapport at Inter was already strong from the first day, we really understood each other straight away.

"I like his ideas and his football, so I hope to give him a helping hand."

Stramaccioni assumed the reins at Udinese last month after Francesco Guidolin moved upstairs to take a supervisory role at the club. [/article]

Hoffenheim - Adam Szalai
SetWidth615-sapHoffenheimAdamSzalaiVertrag2018WechselSchalke04.jpg

[article=http://www.achtzehn99.de/adam-szalai-signs-for-tsg/]Adam Szalai will play for TSG 1899 Hoffenheim from this coming season onwards. The Hungary international, who joins from fellow Bundesliga side FC Schalke 04, has signed a contract until 30th June 2018.

“With the quality he has, Adam fits in perfectly with our style of play,” said Alexander Rosen, director of football at TSG. Even Adam Szalai is excited by Hoffenheim’s “attacking and energetic performances. I like the mentality and the character of the team. Hoffenheim was always the first option for a transfer,” said the 1.93m tall attacker, who also qualified for the Champions League with Schalke last season. The score was 1-1 after the first leg, but Adam scored two decisive goals in a 3-2 away victory against Greek club PAOK.

TSG are the third Bundesliga club that Szalai has played for, after 1. FSV Mainz 05 and FC Schalke 04. He has featured in 107 Bundesliga matches and has scored 28 goals. He featured 17 times nation’s youth sides (U20/U21) and made his senior international debut for Hungary in February 2009. He has gone on to make 18 appearances in total, scoring seven times.[/article]

Is it me or does the term 'Top scorer in Eridivisie' get bandied about a lot.
Every cunt seems to be top scorer in Eridivisie.

As often brought up on The Guardian's Football Weekly podcast, Eridivisie goals are a bit like dog years. Every 3-4 goals in the dutch league is worth one goal in the Premier League, La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga, etc.

As often brought up on The Guardian's Football Weekly podcast, Eridivisie goals are a bit like dog years. Every 3-4 goals in the dutch league is worth one goal in the Premier League, La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga, etc.

That sort of works but doesn't. The good strikers such as Suarez and Bony will get a bit less but not much less. Huntelaar actually got more in Bundesliga but was a bit less in Spain and Italy. Then you get players like Alvaro Alves and Altidore who score loads in the Eredivisie but score absolutely fuck all anywhere else.

Bayern Munich - Juan Bernat (undisclosed fee, reportedly €10 million)
Bernat-Valencia.jpg

[article=http://www.fcbayern.de/en/news/news/2014/press-release-fcb-sign-juan-bernat.php]FC Bayern Munich have today completed the signing of 21-year-old Spain U-21 international Juan Bernat (21) from FC Valencia. The 1.72m tall defender underwent a medical in Munich and subsequently signed a five-year contract keeping him at Germany's most successful club until 30 June 2019. The player moves for an undisclosed fee.

Juan Bernat will train with his new club for the first time on Thursday 10 July. He has been assigned the squad number 18.“We're very pleased about reaching a good and quick solution both with the player and FC Valencia,” commented FC Bayern München AG deputy chairman Jan-Christian Dreesen. “Juan Bernat will say farewell to his current club on Tuesday evening in Valencia and will be in Munich from Thursday.”FC Bayern board director for sport Matthias Sammer commented: “Juan Bernat is an exceptional young player who we've been watching for a long time. He is quick, a good tackler, and has an incredible nose for goal. We're certain we've made a very good investment for the future of our team by signing Juan Bernat. We welcome him warmly to FC Bayern!”

“I'm delighted at the opportunity to play for this huge club in the future,” Juan Bernat said after signing his new contract. “FC Bayern are one of the biggest clubs in Europe and the world. I'm really looking forward to appearing in a team with players like Lahm, Neuer, Schweinsteiger, Robben and Ribéry and having Pep Guardiola as coach. I'll give everything I have for this club to succeed.”[/article]

Back
Top Bottom