• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Confirmed Transfers (2017/18)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Connor Randall - Hearts (loan)

[article]Hearts have today completed the signing of Connor Randall on loan from Liverpool FC.

The 21-year-old versatile midfielder will join up with Ian Cathro’s squad for the duration of the 2017/18 campaign.

Connor is a product of the Liverpool Academy and has been a regular for Liverpool U23s in recent years.

His performances have earned him first team experience under Jurgen Klopp, with Connor appearing for Liverpool in the Premier League as well as in the FA Cup and League Cup.

At his pre-match press conference this afternoon head coach Ian Cathro revealed he had been tracking Connor for some time and pointed to his versatility on the park as being one of his key strengths.

“Connor’s a very hungry young player, athletically excellent and has experience in a number of positions,” he said. “He brings a great intensity to his play and I probably go back to the hunger that he has at this stage in his career.

“He’s a player that I’m really pleased to have been able to bring, he’s someone who we’ve been tracking, probably right since we arrived, as an option from a number of clubs that we talk to and spend a bit of time with.

“We’re pleased that he’s joined us.”
[/article]

Adam Phillips - Norwich (free transfer)

[article]Norwich City have signed midfielder Adam Phillips.

Phillips, 19, has put pen to paper on a two-year deal with a one-year option. He was released by Liverpool in May after rising through their academy ranks in a 10-year spell at the club.

He has been on trial with City’s Academy over the last month and impressed for the U23s on Norwich’s recent tour to Germany.

“It’s a great move for me and a great opportunity to come to a club like Norwich,” says Phillips. “I’ve heard the fans are supposed to be very loyal and the area is very nice, so I’m looking forward to seeing what the future holds. I felt the trial went really well, and it was great to be involved on the tour to Germany and to get a feel for what the coaching team want. I’m really pleased to be joining.”

Matt Gill, City’s Under-23s manager, said: “He’s really impressed everyone since we took him on trial. It’s never easy coming in on trial but he settled into the group really well, and the lads took to him. He played an hour at King’s Lynn and went to Germany, and it was clear very quickly that he has excellent technical ability.

“A lot of our good stuff on tour went through him, he has an excellent passing range and he’s technically gifted. Anyone who’s been at Liverpool at their older age groups will always have a lot of talent, so we’re really pleased to have him here.”

Richard Money, City’s Head of Academy, added: “We’ve been really happy with him since we initially took him on trial. We knew his pedigree and he’s come in and fitted in really well and made a big difference to the group.

“He has a great deal of talent and we want him to get back to achieving the potential he showed early on at a big club. We’re delighted to have secured his signing.”
[/article]

Bram Nuytinck - Udinese (€3 million)

[article]Udinese have officially signed Dutch defender Bram Nuytinck from Anderlecht in a deal believed to be worth €3m.

The 27-year-old defender came through the NEC Nijmegen youth academy and joined Anderlecht in 2012.

“Nuytinck is an important addition for Udinese, a strong sign of the club’s effort to build a complete squad in every area,” director general Franco Collavino told the official website.

“Bram is an experienced 27-year-old, enthusiastic to have arrived in Udine after his Belgian spell and ready to introduce himself to the Friuli crowd.”

Udinese director of sport Manuel Gerolin added that Nuytinck’s arrival was “mission accomplished, as we’d had him under observation for quite some time, considering he had the right characteristics for our defence.”

Nuytinck has already undergone a medical and will join pre-season training this afternoon.[/article]

Filippo Romagna - Cagliari (€7.6 million)

[article]Cagliari have officially confirmed the signing of Italy Under-20 international Filippo Romagna from Juventus for €7.6m.

The centre-back spent last season on loan in Serie B, with Novara for the first half of the season and then with Brescia.

Midfielder Dario Del Fabrio will move the other way for €4.5m.

“Cagliari Calcio announces the signing of Filippo Romagna,” the Isolani confirmed on their official website.

“The player arrives in Sardinia outright, and has signed a five-year contract with the club.

“Born in Fano on May 26, 1997, Romagna came up through the Juventus youth sector. With the Bianconeri Primavera, as captain, he won the Viareggio Cup in 2016.

“After a spell with Novara [four appearances], he moved to Brescia in January 2014 where he made 14 appearances.

“He has played in all Azzurri sectors, starting with the Under-15s. He was captain of the Under-19s - who finished second in the European Championships in Germany - and of the Under-20s, a brilliant third at the World Cup last May.

“With his personality, vision of play, anticipation and heading ability, he’s certainly one of the most promising central defenders in Italian football.

“Welcome to the Rossoblu, Filippo!”

Juventus also confirmed the double move with a Press release.

“Juventus Football Club S.p.A announces that these agreements with Cagliari Calcio S.p.A have been finalised: definitive disposal of the registration rights of the player Filippo Romagna for a consideration of € 7.6m to be paid in three years. The economic effect is positive for about €7.6m.

“Definitive acquisition of the registration rights of the player Dario Del Fabro. The consideration has been set at € 4.5m payable in three financial years. Juventus and the player have signed a 5-year contract of employment until 30 June 2022.”
[/article]

Aboubakar Kamara - Fulham (undisclosed fee)

[article]The Club is delighted to announce the arrival of striker Aboubakar Kamara.

The Frenchman joins from SC Amiens for an undisclosed fee, on a four-year contract with a Club option for a further 12 months.

Kamara began his career at Monaco. After scoring regularly for the club’s B team, he made his Ligue 1 debut against Lyon in September 2014.

At the end of the season he joined Belgian Pro League side KV Kortrijk on a permanent transfer, before returning to France a year later with Ligue 2 outfit Amiens.

Last season was a highly productive one for the 22-year-old, as he helped Amiens win promotion to the top flight for the first time in their history.

The Ligue 2 campaign ended in remarkable fashion. Deep into stoppage time in the season finale, Amiens were drawing 1-1 at Reims after Kamara’s opener - his 11th league goal of the season - had been cancelled out, meaning they would finish sixth in the standings.

But a 96th minute winner earned them the three points and catapulted them up to second, ensuring automatic promotion.

Tony Khan, Vice Chairman and Director of Football Operations, said: "Today is a big day for Fulham. We're excited that Aboubakar Kamara has joined our great club.

"Aboubakar brings exceptional speed and finishing ability up top and, despite his youth, he's already played a major role in achieving promotion for his prior club. It’s no secret that we’ve had interest in Aboubakar for some time, and I'm confident that it won’t take long for our supporters to see why.

"We’re delighted to welcome Aboubakar to Fulham, and we'll continue to do everything we can to build for the brightest possible future for the Club while also working hard to give our amazing supporters the excellent results that they deserve in the season ahead! COYW!"

Speaking to fulhamfc.com Kamara said "I am delighted to have completed my transfer to Fulham today. Fulham is a Club with a fantastic history and tradition, and I'm looking forward to bringing my qualities to help the team and achieve success."
[/article]

Nemanja Matic - Man Utd (reportedly £40 million)

[article]Manchester United is delighted to announce the signing of Nemanja Matic from Chelsea on a three-year contract, with an option to extend for a further year.

The 28-year-old Serbian international midfielder has won a number of club and individual honours including league titles in both England and Portugal.

Jose Mourinho said: "Nemanja is a Manchester United player and a Jose Mourinho player. He represents everything we want in a footballer; loyalty, consistency, ambition, team player.

"I would like to thank him for his desire to join us because without that, it would be impossible to have him here. I am sure our players and supporters will love him. A big welcome to our new number 31."

Nemanja Matic said: "I am delighted to have joined Manchester United. To work with Jose Mourinho once again was an opportunity I couldn’t turn down.

"I have enjoyed my time at Chelsea and would like to thank the club and the fans for their support. I cannot wait to meet my new team-mates and to start training with them.

"This is a very exciting time for the club and I am looking forward to playing my part in creating more history for this great club."[/article]

Hasan Salihamidžić - Bayern Munich (Sporting Director)

Emanuel Mammana - Zenit St. Petersburg (reportedly €16 million + 20% sell on fee)

[article]Zenit St Petersburg has signed Argentina defender Emanuel Mammana from French side Lyon, the Russian club confirmed on Monday.

Mammana, 21, has signed a five-year deal, with no financial details of the contract disclosed.

Mammana started his career with River Plate and won the Argentinian title in 2014 and the Copa Libertadores a year later.

He moved to Lyon last year and has also won three caps for his country.

Now coached by Roberto Mancini, Zenit has won their first three matches of the new Russian season.[/article]

With their involvement in CL this season, am a little surprised that instead of strengthening or having strength in depth, Chelsea seem to be more concern about making money from transfers and increasing their players' valuation.
42D568C600000578-4744650-image-a-26_1501449706996.jpg

With their involvement in CL this season, am a little surprised that instead of strengthening or having strength in depth, Chelsea seem to be more concern about making money from transfers and increasing their players' valuation.
42D568C600000578-4744650-image-a-26_1501449706996.jpg

A similar thought was going through my mind a couple of day back in relation to the the "2 Playing XI" thread. I wonder how would Chelsea's look basis their current squad and Conte's preference for the 3-4-3 system

Jesus Navas - Sevilla (free transfer)

[article]Sevilla FC have reached an agreement with Jesús Navas, with the player signing a deal on Tuesday keeping him at the club for the next four seasons. The winger, who has spent the last four campaigns playing for Manchester City, returns to the Nervión-based outfit, who he originally joined as a 15 year old. He will be presented on Wednesday in front of the media at 20:00, following which he will walk out onto the pitch of the Sánchez-Pizjuán at 20:30 to be presented in front of the fans.

Navas made his debut for the first team on the 23rd of November 2003 at Montjuic (former ground of RCD Espanyol) and took part in 393 official matches, in which he scored 34 goals over ten seasons. During this time, the Seville native lifted two UEFA Cups, one European Super Cup, two Copa del Rey trophies and one Supercopa de España. And as if that wasn't enough, he became a world champion at the 2010 World Cup in South Africa and a European champion at Euro 2012, both while playing for Sevilla. In fact, Navas accumulated 35 appearances for the national side between 2009 and 2014, with three goals and only four defeats.

In the summer of 2013, he left the Ramón Sánchez-Pizjuán on excellent terms to join Manchester City at the age of 27. During his spell in England his progression continued, garnering 183 appearances -123 in the Premier League, 31 in the Champions League, 15 in the League Cup,13 in the FA Cup and one in the Community Shield- in which he scored 8 goals and created 39. To his winnings he added a Premier League and two League Cups.

Characterised by his fantastic consistency and enviable physical condition, Jesús Navas comes home with the firm intention of becoming Sevilla FC's all-time appearance holder. [/article]

Leo Bonatini - Wolves (loan)

[article]New Wolves striker Leo Bonatini has set his sights on the squad writing their name in the club’s history by achieving promotion to the Premier League.

The affable 23-year-old Brazillian has arrived on a season long loan from Saudi Arabian club Al Hilal, and has quickly set his sights on playing a part in a successful season.

Only two Wolves teams have been promoted to the top flight in the last 33 years, added motivation for this season’s squad to make a statement amid the rigours of the Sky Bet Championship.

“It is a dream for me to play here and to live here – it is an amazing country,” he says.

“I have played in other countries already and the experience I had in Saudi Arabia was very good.

“The staff here are already trying to help me with everything and I am sure it will go well.

“It is a new change and all the time you feel you have the butterflies in the stomach – that is normal.

“Then when you go inside the pitch for the first time it is normal again and then I will feel very happy to have a big opportunity.

“It is a big club and is also famous in Brazil, and I am very excited to play here.

“It is a dream to play in the Championship but even more in the Premier League and we can put our names in the history of this club if we achieve it.

“When you come to a new club all the time you always want to put your name in the history.

“I am not here to be more than anyone else – I am here to be a part of it with my team-mates and at the end of this season hopefully we are in the first league.”

Bonatini, who burst to goalscoring prominence for Estoril in the Portuguese top flight prior to joining Al Hilal last season, has been impressed by what he has seen of Wolves so far.

“I am very happy to be here,” he says.

“I was very impressed with everything, the history to the club, my team-mates, and I hope it will be a very good season for all of us.

“The training ground is amazing and I know the stadium is very nice.

“I hope to be happy here, score many goals, and help us have a very good season.

“The Championship is a very good league and I am looking forward to the project here.

“Big players have come here because of the project and we want to go to the Premier League, although we know how hard that will be.

“If we work hard and trust in the club and the coach we can support each other and do well.”

So is the new man setting any goal targets for his first season in English football?

“No, I don’t do this,” he says.

“I don’t like to put limits on myself.

“If I say no that I want to score ‘x’ number then when I get there people might think I will relax.

“I prefer to work day by day, step by step.

“It is a high level here so I want to work as hard as I can and to learn.

“What I will do is fight all the way and do my best all the time.

“I work every day to be better and to help everyone.

“When I go inside the pitch I will to play hard and play well.

“We will all work together and then hopefully in the next season, we will be in the first league.”
[/article]

Przemyslaw Szyminski - Palermo (€250k)

Palermo have signed Wisla Plock defender Przemyslaw Szyminski on a three-year deal

Giuseppe Bellusci - Palermo (free transfer)

Matías Vecino - Inter Milan (reportedly €24 million)

[article]Matias Vecino is now officially a new Inter player. The Uruguayan midfielder has signed a contract with the Nerazzurri until 30th June 2021.

Born in Canelones on the 24th August 1991, Vecino spent the first stages of his professional career with Central Español, making his Primera Divison debut back on March 7th 2010 (aged 18-years and six months). After making 32 appearances and scoring two goals, he then went on to represent Uruguay at the Under-20 World Cup in the summer of 2011, subsequently earning a move to Nacional. With them he won his first title as a player, helping the team become champions of Uruguay on 15th June 2012, notably thanks to a goal scored by an old Nerazzurri icon, Alvaro Recoba.

Fiorentina soon became aware of the player’s qualities and brought him to Italy back in January 2013, making his Serie A debut during the 2013-14 campaign. On 26th September 2013, Vecino made his first appearance at the Scala Del Calcio, as the Viola faced off against Inter. On his travels in Italy, he continued his development with both Cagliari - making nine appearances and scoring two goals between January and May of 2014 - and in particular Empoli, where he played a key role under the guidance of former coach Maurizio Sarri.

Having witnessed his progression, Fiorentina soon decided to bring him back to the club, with the 25-year-old midfielder going on to spend two seasons at the Stadio Artemio Franchi and becoming one of the most reliable midfielders in Serie A.

Welcome to Milan, Matias, and best of luck with your new adventure at the Nerazzurri![/article]

Burak Yilmaz - Trabzonspor (€4 million plus €1.5m upon Europa League qualification)

[article]Trabzonspor have announced the team will sign striker Burak Yılmaz from Chinese club Beijing Sinobo Gouan.

In a statement released Wednesday, the Black Sea side said it would sign Yılmaz -- a former Trabzon player -- for €4 million ($4.75 million) in a two-year contract.

Burak Yılmaz, in a video message shared on Trabzonspor's official Twitter account, said he was "thankful" that he will be able to don the jersey in the club's 50th anniversary celebration season.

In 93 matches with Trabzonspor, Yılmaz scored 58 goals and made eight assists.

In the 2011/2012 season, Yılmaz was the top goalscorer in the Turkish league, finding the net 32 times.

The experienced striker then moved to Galatasaray, where he spent almost four seasons with the Istanbul club, scoring 82 goals in 141 appearances.[/article]

Felipe Caicedo - Lazio (reportedly €2.5 million)

[article]Lazio have completed the signing of striker Felipe Caicedo from Espanyol for a reported €2.5m.

The transfer was confirmed in a statement on Lazio’s official website, although they did not disclose the length of Caicedo’s contract or a fee.

However, our sister site – Football-Espana.net – claims the Aquile have paid €2.5m for the Ecuadorian and offered him a three-year deal, worth €1.5m a season.

The move had been delayed due to Lazio’s non-EU quota being full, but it appears that issue has been resolved.

Caicedo, 28, joined Espanyol in 2014 and scored 24 goals for the Catalans in three seasons.

However, just two of them came last term as the former Manchester City and Levante striker made only 14 starts’ worth appearances in La Liga.[/article]

Aly Cissokho - Malatyaspor (reportedly £1.3 million)

Ismail Azzaoui - Willem II (loan)

[article]VfL midfielder Ismael Azzaoui makes a one-year loan move to Dutch first division side Willem II Tilburg. In the past week, the Belgian youth international underwent a several day trial period in Holland. Having recovered from a cruciate ligament injury, which put him out of almost the entirety of the previous season, the 19-year-old will now have the opportunity to get some active playing time and gather some regular match practice. Azzaoui’s contract with VfL Wolfsburg remains valid until 2020. The midfield-man, who signed for the Wolves in the summer of 2015, has made two Bundesliga appearances, as well as being involved for the Green-Whites U23 side and the Development-Squad from the VfL-Fußball.Akademie.[/article]

Assane Dioussé - Saint Etienne (reportedly €5 million)

[article]AS Saint-Etienne have announced their third summer recruit in the form of Assane Dioussé, the 19-year-old Senegalese midfielder, on a reported five-year, €5m deal from Italian side Empoli.

Saint-Etienne have had some thing of a frustrating transfer window so far, losing young midfielder Jordan Veretout to Fiorentina and seeing deals for Massadio Haïdara (AS Nancy Lorraine) and Yann Karamoh (SM Caen) go up in smoke, so Tuesday's capture of highly rated defensive midfield prospect Dioussé was a shot in the arm for new Sainté boss Oscar Garcia.

"It's very satisfying for the club to have succeeded in signing one of the best young talents in Italian football," Roland Romeyer, AS Saint-Etienne president, who has also brought in striker Loïs Diony (Dijon FCO) and right-back Saidy Janko (Celtic). "Assane Dioussé was very much in demand. He is a quality player who will get even better. Our objective is to promote promising youngsters, be they from our youth academy or elsewhere. Our transfer dealings aren't over for the summer. We're ambitious and we hope to build a very competitive squad in order to have the best possible season."

Dioussé, 19, moved from Senegal to Italy at the age of 13 and quickly found a place at Empoli's youth academy before making his Serie A debut in 2015, aged 17. His powerful physical presence in defensive midfield is allied with superb passing and a capacity to verticalise his team's play, which the attack-minded Garcia should be eagerly anticipating.

"I'm very happy and I can't wait to play at the Stade Geoffroy-Guichard in front of the club's amazing fans. Before signing here, I watched a few internet videos showing the atmosphere in the stadium and I was moved by the passion of the fans. AS Saint-Etienne is a great French club with a worldwide reputation," said the youngster after putting pen to paper. "Since arriving here, I have felt the passion and the family atmosphere. Everyone has given me a very warm welcome. My preferred position is in defensive midfield but I can also play a bit higher up the pitch. I'm at the coach's disposition."

Dioussé will have his first chance to see his new stadium in all its glory as Sainté play the opening match of their 2017-18 Ligue 1 Conforama campaign at home to Nice on Saturday, August 4 at 20:00.[/article]

Konstantinos Lamprou - Ajax (free transfer)

Goalie from Willem II, one yr contract

Last edited:
Robbin Ruiter - Sunderland (free transfer)

[article]Sunderland have completed the signing of Robbin Ruiter on a free transfer.

The Dutch stopper, who has signed a two-year deal, arrives following a successful trial at the club, during which he started and impressed in games against Bradford City and Scunthorpe United.

Ruiter becomes the second goalkeeper to sign this summer, with Jason Steele also putting pen to paper following the departures of Jordan Pickford and Vito Mannone.

And speaking to safc.com, he revealed he can't wait to get started.

“I’m very pleased to be here because I had a great couple of days training with the team and played some good games, so I really wanted to sign and pleased I’m finally a Sunderland player.

“From the moment I stepped through the door everything was so professional. It’s such a big club and for me it was always a dream to play in England, so if a club like Sunderland comes and asks if you want to sign it’s a big chance.”

The 30-year-old has vast experience having risen through the ranks at FC Volendam before making his first-team debut in November 2009.

After impressing with the Dutch outfit, Ruiter moved to Eredivisie side FC Utrecht in 2012 and he immediately endeared himself to the home support, with a standout display on his debut against Feyenoord catching the headlines.

The goalkeeper enjoyed five successful seasons at the Stadion Galgenward, during which he made 138 appearances as Utrecht qualified for the UEFA Europa League on two occasions.

The player could be eligible for Friday night’s season opener against Derby County, subject to international clearance being received.[/article]

Mircea Lucescu - Turkey (Head Coach)

[article]The Turkish Football Federation (TFF) has agreed on appointing Romanian coach Mircea Lucescu as the next coach of the Turkish national football team.

The signing ceremony is scheduled to take place in Istanbul on Friday, the federation said in a statement. Lucescu, who is expected to sign a two-year contract with a one-year option, has previously coached Turkish clubs Galatasaray and Beşiktaş.

He will succeed Fatih Terim, who resigned on July 26.

After Şenol Güneş and Abdullah Avcı both declined the offer to coach the Turkish national side, all eyes had turned towards Lucescu.

The Romanian coach has proven track records for Galatasaray, Beşiktaş and Ukrainian side Shakhtar Donetsk.

After managing local clubs and the Romanian national team, Lucescu pursued his coaching career in Italy for almost a decade where he coached clubs including Pisa, Brescia, Reggiana and Inter Milan.

He took the helm in Galatasaray in 2000 and won the UEFA Super Cup against Real Madrid. Under Lucescu, the lions played UEFA Champions League quarter finals in the 2000-01 season where they lost to Real Madrid. The next year, Galatasaray won the Super League title and was knocked out in the second round of the Champions League. However, he was sacked at the end of the season and was replaced by Fatih Terim.

Shortly after his departure from Galatasaray, he signed a contract with rivals Beşiktaş in June 2002. The next season started off well but after a disastrous second half, Lucescu decided to leave Turkey. In 2004, he joined Ukrainian side Shakhtar Donetsk and led their rise to prominence in the country and in European football.[/article]

Ouasim Bouy - Leeds Utd (free transfer) - Cultural Leonesa (loan)

[article]Leeds United are pleased to announce the signing of Ouasim Bouy on a free transfer following the Dutchman’s release from Italian side Juventus.

Bouy, 24, can operate as a central defender or a defensive midfielder and has been at the Turin club since leaving the famous Ajax academy in 2012.

Ouasim enjoyed several loan spells across Europe during his time at Juventus representing Brescia, Hamburger SV, Panathinaikos, PEC Zwolle and Palermo.

Bouy has signed a four year contract at Elland Road and will join Spanish side Cultural y Deportiva Leonesa on loan for the duration of the 2017/18 season.[/article]

Alvaro Negredo - Besiktas (reportedly €2.4 million)

[article]Besiktas have completed the signing of Alvaro Negredo from Valencia.

The striker arrives on what is said to be a three-year deal, with the Turkish champions reportedly beating Swansea City and Leeds United to his signature.

Negredo arrives at Besiktas having spent last season on loan at Middlesbrough and follows former Real Madrid defender Pepe in joining the club.

The 31-year-old Spaniard scored just nine league goals for Boro in 2016-17 as they were relegated from the Premier League, having managed only five in LaLiga for Valencia the previous campaign.

Besiktas are seeking a third successive Super Lig title in 2017-18.[/article]

Last edited:
Kelechi Iheanacho - Leicester (reportedly £25 million)

[article]Leicester City Football Club has completed the signing of striker Kelechi Iheanacho from Manchester City for an undisclosed fee.

The 20-year-old Nigeria international has put pen-to-paper on a contract to 2022 and becomes the fourth exciting addition to Craig Shakespeare’s squad ahead of the new campaign.

Iheanacho will wear the squad no.8 and joins fellow Nigeria internationals Wilfred Ndidi and Ahmed Musa among the Leicester City ranks, as the team continue their pre-season preparations with a friendly at home to German side Borussia Monchengladbach on Friday night.

The striker, who is regarded as one of the most promising young talents in the Premier League, could make his first appearance in City colours at King Power Stadium in City’s final pre-season fixture.

Speaking to LCFC TV, Iheanacho said: “It feels good and I’m happy to be part of this team. I know the ambition of the team and speaking with the manager, he let me know what I need to do – to help the team achieve what they want. I was convinced and I’m happy to be here.

“I was happy speaking with the manager, knowing what the team wants. It gives me more confidence that I will fit in this team and hopefully I’ll achieve a lot.”

Leicester City manager Shakespeare added: “It’s a great signing for us. Kelechi is an enormously talented player that has shown a huge amount of promise at every level in which he’s played.

“We’ve tracked his progress for some time, so we know how much quality he’ll bring to the squad. He’s young, he’s hungry, he’s ready for the next stage of his development and I’m delighted that will be with Leicester City.”

Kelechi is a player of proven Premier League pedigree and he joins a Leicester City strike force bursting with talent ahead of the new Premier League campaign, which kicks off away to Arsenal on Friday 11 August.

He arrives with an outstanding record in domestic and international football, having represented Nigeria with distinction at Under-13s, Under-17s, Under-20s and senior level, while he progressed rapidly through the ranks at Manchester City.

The Manchester side secured his signature ahead of a host of Europe’s elite clubs after Kelechi’s displays for Nigeria Under-17s in the U17 World Cup earned him the FIFA Golden Ball award and saw his country crowned world champions – scoring six times and grabbing seven assists in the process.

From that point, things moved quickly for the youngster. He soon began scoring goals for Manchester City’s Academy, trained with Columbus Crew in the United States, scored in the 2015 FA Youth Cup Final and netted the only goal against Porto as his team lifted the 2015 Premier League International Cup.

Another series of eye-catching displays in his team’s 2015/16 pre-season saw the young striker called on for first team duties for the first time in August 2015 – making his professional debut as an 18-year-old in a 2-0 home win over Watford.

His first goal came against Crystal Palace a few weeks later while he underlined his promise with a stunning FA Cup hat-trick against Aston Villa in January 2016. He was used mainly as a substitute in his first season of professional football, but despite making 11 starts, he still managed to end the campaign with 14 goals in all competitions.

Iheanacho continued to build on his impressive reputation in front of goal last term as he scored his 10th Premier League goal before the age of 20, found the back of the net in the UEFA Champions League and only narrowly missed out to Bayern Munich’s Renato Sanches for the FIFA Golden Boy award.

At senior international level, Iheanacho made his Nigeria debut in 2015 and despite his young age, has firmly established himself as a key man for his country. In just 10 appearances, he has scored six times – most recently in a friendly victory over Togo in June.

In total, Iheanacho has scored 12 times in the Premier League during 46 appearances (12 starts) while he has 21 goals in 64 games (20 starts) in all competitions for Manchester City.

[/article]

Neymar - PSG (€222 million)

[article]Paris Saint-Germain is very happy to announce the arrival of Neymar Jr to the team. On Thursday the Brazilian striker signed a five-year contract in the presence of the Club’s representatives. Neymar Jr is now committed to the French capital’s club until June 30 2022.

Arriving from FC Barcelona, the former Santos player is widely considered to be an icon in world football – one of the top three players on the planet who has played at the very highest level for the past five years

At 25 years old, he has already been selected for the Brazilian national team 77 times, scoring 52 goals. As captain of the national team, Neymar da Silva Santos Junior has emerged as the leader of a team aiming to win its sixth World Cup in 2018. Wearing the Brazil jersey, Neymar Jr has already carried his country to its first Olympic title at the Rio Games in 2016.

Enjoying immense popularity across the world, Neymar Jr, admired by all for his extraordinary technique and decisive play, has already achieved 15 titles at club level. His arrival into the Paris Saint-Germain family emphasizes more than ever the club’s aims to rise to the top of world football.

"I am extremely happy to join Paris Saint-Germain, said Neymar Jr after signing his contract. Since I arrived in Europe, the club has always been one of the most competitive and most ambitious. And the biggest challenge, what most motivated me to join my new teammates is to help the club to conquer the titles that their fans want. Paris Saint-Germain’s ambition attracted me to the club, along with the passion and the energy this brings. I played 4 seasons in Europe and I feel ready to take the challenge. From today, I will do everything I can to help my new teamates, to open up new horizons for my club and to bring happiness to its millions of supporters around the world."

“It is with immense joy and pride that we welcome Neymar Jr to Paris Saint-Germain, said Nasser Al-Khelaifi, President of Paris Saint-Germain. Neymar Jr is today one of the very best players in world football. His winning mentality, strength of character and sense of leadership have made him into a great player. He will bring a very positive energy to this club. In six years, we have built a very ambitious project that has already taken us to the highest level of national and European football. Today, with the arrival of Neymar Jr, I am convinced that we will come even closer, with the support of our faithful fans, to realizing our greatest dreams.”[/article]

Fernando - Galatasaray (£5.5 million)

Modou Barrow - Reading (£1.5 million)

[article]Reading Football Club are delighted to announce the arrival of winger Modou Barrow, who makes a permanent move to Madejski Stadium for an undisclosed fee from Swansea City.

Barrow, 24, completed his medical this afternoon before signing a four-year contract with the Royals. Subject to the normal ratification and international clearance, he will be eligible for selection for Jaap Stam’s side when we visit Queens Park Rangers for the opening fixture of the 2017-18 campaign this weekend.

Reading manager Jaap Stam said: “I’m very pleased to welcome Mo to Reading Football Club and I’m delighted that we have been able to add another player to our squad ahead of the start of the new season. Now all our focus is on the challenge that lies ahead on Saturday and our trip to QPR.”

Born in the Gambia, Barrow and his family moved to Sweden at a young age – and it was there that his fledgling career would begin.

After spending eye-catching spells with amateur sides Mjölby AI and Mjölby Södra during his teenage years – including 23 goals in 19 games for the latter – Norrköping moved to bring the winger directly to Sweden’s top tier.

Stints representing Varbergs BoIS and Östersunds FK followed, before the Swans moved to bring Barrow to the Premier League during the summer of 2014. His debut came that November – making him the first ever player from the Gambia to play in the Premier League!

And Barrow’s introduction to English football could hardly have gone any better – soon after replacing Marvin Emnes, he won the free-kick which Royals Academy graduate Gylfi Sigurdsson would convert to equalise against Arsenal, before Bafetimbi Gomis headed in a winner for the Swans.

That marked the first of 55 appearances which Barrow would make for the South Wales club during his tenure at the Liberty Stadium. A first goal followed in January 2015, netting Swansea’s third in an action-packed 6-2 victory in the FA Cup against Tranmere Rovers.

Barrow has experience of the rigours of Championship football too – over the last three seasons, he has spent loan spells in England’s second tier with Nottingham Forest, Blackburn Rovers and, most recently, Leeds United in the latter half of last season.

Returning to the Liberty Stadium in the summer, the winger has been involved in the Swans’ pre-season preparations during the build-up to 2017-18 – which included more than a week spent on the other side of the Atlantic for a training camp and a series of games in the USA.

On the international scene, Mo was first called up for Sweden’s Under-21 squad in March 2015, but would go on to represent the Gambia at senior level later that year – helping his homeland to a 0-0 draw in South Africa during an Africa Cup of Nations qualifying fixture on debut.

Chief Executive Ron Gourlay said, “We are delighted to have finalised a deal to bring Mo to Madejski Stadium. A lot of hard work is ongoing to try and strengthen Jaap’s squad for the challenges of the season ahead and give us the best possible chance of enjoying another successful year. So I'm pleased that a player of Mo’s calibre has opted to join us at Reading to try to help us achieve our goals.”

Director of Football Brian Tevreden added, “We identified Mo as a player with real ability as well as the potential to flourish and improve even further as a member of this Reading squad. He is a bright and exciting talent and we have every faith that he can make a big contribution at Reading Football Club.”[/article]

Josh Onomah - Aston Villa (loan)

[article]Aston Villa are pleased to announce the signing of midfielder Josh Onomah on a season-long loan from Tottenham Hotspur.

Onomah is eligible for this weekend’s Sky Bet Championship opener against Hull City after training with his new team-mates.

He heads here in bubbly mood after being an integral part of the England team which won the U20 World Cup this summer.

England's youngsters emerged victorious in South Korea and 20-year-old Onomah played in five of seven matches, excelling in the final as the Three Lions won 1-0 over Venezuela.

He made 12 senior appearances for Spurs in 2016/17, including a Champions League debut off the bench away at Bayer Leverkusen in October 2016.

The previous month saw him net his first top-level goal during a 5-0 home win over Gillingham in the EFL Cup.

Born and raised in Enfield, Onomah progressed through the age groups in the Tottenham Academy and actually made his Premier League debut against us in November 2015, coming on as substitute at White Hart Lane for Dele Alli.

He told us: “I can’t wait to get started.

“This is a huge football club and I want to really make my mark here and prove to be a player the manager can rely on.

“I know that promotion is the aim and I am here to help us achieve that.”[/article]

Gastón Ramírez - Sampdoria (£9.9 million)

[article]Sampdoria have confirmed the signing of former Bologna star Gaston Ramirez from Middlesbrough.

Previous reports suggest Samp will pay up to €11m for Ramirez, although details of the midfielder’s contract have not been disclosed.

“President Massimo Ferrero and U.C. Sampdoria can both announce that they have definitively acquired the sporting rights of player Gaston Exequiel Ramirez from Middlesbrough F.C,” read a statement on the Blucerchiati’s official website.

The 26-year-old scored 15 goals and assisted eight in 60 appearances for Bologna between 2010 and 2012.

He then joined Southampton but struggled to replicate his form in Italy for the Saints, before spells at Hull City and Boro followed.

Ramirez also has 41 caps for Uruguay and represented his country at the 2014 World Cup.[/article]

Rick van Drongelen - Hamburg (£2.6 million)

[article]Hamburg have signed Dutch teenager Rick van Drongelen on a long-term deal from Eredivisie outfit Sparta Rotterdam.

The 18-year-old centre-back has signed a five-year contract with the Red Shorts and becomes their fifth summer signing following the arrivals of Andre Hahn, Kyriakos Papadopoulos, Julian Pollersbeck and Bjarne Thoelke.

Van Drongelen made 31 league appearances for Sparta last season, helping the club avoid relegation to the Dutch second tier by virtue of goal difference.

"It's great to be here," he told hsv.de. It's a big step for me and I can't wait to learn from my teammates and to make my first appearance in this incredible stadium."

"He's a young player with great potential," added chairman Heribert Bruchhagen. "Our coach and sporting director worked very hard to bring him here."

Hamburg, who finished 15th in the Bundesliga last term, kick off their campaign at home to Augsburg on 19 August.[/article]

Nicolas N'Koulou - Torino (loan with option to buy)

[article]Nicolas N'Koulou has joined Torino from Lyon on a season-long loan with an option to make the deal permanent.

The Cameroon defender arrived at Lyon before the start of last season, following five years at Marseille.

But he made just 13 Ligue 1 appearances for Lyon as they finished fourth.

N'Koulou won the Coupe de la Ligue with Marseille in 2012 and was part of the Cameroon squad that triumphed in this year's Africa Cup of Nations.[/article]

Stephy Mavididi - Preston (loan)

[article]Preston North End have completed the signing of Arsenal forward Stephy Mavididi on a season long loan.

The England U19 international put pen to paper on Friday evening ahead of the 2017/18 season opener against Sheffield Wednesday at Deepdale.

The 19-year-old, who spent time on loan at Charlton Athletic last season, will wear the No.27 shirt and also has permission to play in all cup competitions for the Lilywhites.

Speaking about his new recruit, manager Alex Neil said: "I think he’ll bring pace and a directness from either a wider area or a central nine. He’s one of the players that can fluctuate between any of the top four – he can play on either flank, he’s played as a ten he’s played as a nine.

"I think he’s a perfect fit for us certainly in terms of attributes that we like to have in the team and he’ll give us that."

Stephy, who will be available from Tuesday's Carabao Cup tie with Accrington Stanley, was delighted to complete his move, adding: "I’m delighted to get it over the line, I’m happy to sign and now I’m ready to kick on for the new season.

"I just want to put on that shirt and run out do well. I’m buzzing, I can’t wait to get started now."[/article]

Rolando Mandragora - Crotone (loan)

[article]Crotone have confirmed that Rolandro Mandragora has joined then on a season-long loan from Juventus.

The 20-year-old midfielder suffered an injury that kept him out for much of last season, limiting him to just one appearance in the senior squad, meaning he would inevitably be loaned out for the 2017/18 campaign.

Crotone, who were linked with him yesterday, have confirmed the signing of the talented young midfielder on a season-long loan where he’ll be coached by Davide Nicola

Mandragora was part of the Genoa youth team set up before finally making his debut for the senior team against Juventus in a 1-0 victory. He was eventually signed by the Bianconeri for €6m but that figure could rise to €12m with various performance related bonuses.

Despite suffering a fractured metatarsal, he went to recover and play a pivotal part in U-20 World Cup squad in South Korea where he featured in most of the matches.[/article]

Davy Propper - Brighton (reportedly £10 million)

[article]Brighton & Hove Albion have completed the transfer of Dutch international Davy Propper from PSV Eindhoven, on undisclosed terms.

Midfielder Propper has signed a four-year contract with Albion, and the transfer tops the club's previous record transfer fee paid.

The 25-year-old has played more than 250 senior games in his homeland, including Champions League and international appearances - and scored 43 goals from midfield.

He helped PSV win the league title in his first full season at the club in 2015/16, after signing from Vitesse Arnhem.

Manager Chris Hughton said, "Davy is a player with great experience of the Eredivisie with Vitesse Arnhem and PSV Eindhoven.

"There is no doubting his pedigree, Davy has played a number of matches in the Champions League for PSV, as well as international football for the Netherlands.

"He's a strong competitor as a central midfielder and will complement our existing midfield players, and he is also a really good age at 25; we are absolutely delighted to welcome him to the club."

Born in Arnhem, 6ft 1in Propper began his career with his hometown team Vitesse Arnhem, and made his debut in 2010.

He played more than 150 times for the top-flight Dutch side, and appeared for them in the Europa League; before securing a move to PSV in 2015.

First called up by the national team in 2013, Propper won his first international cap against USA in June 2015, and has since won five caps in all, the most recent against Ghana, earlier this year.

He has also represented the Netherlands at under-19 and under-21 level, and his two brothers Robin and Mike are also professional footballers, with Heracles and FC Den Bosch respectively.[/article]

Allan Saint-Maximin - Nice (reportedly €10 million)

Rachid Ghezzal - Monaco (free transfer)

[article]French champions Monaco have signed Algeria international winger Rachid Ghezzal, on a deal until June 2021.

The 25-year-old was a free agent following his release by Lyon, his first professional club, in June.

Ghezzal received offers from several clubs across Europe but opted to continue his career in France.

"I have the ambition to continue to play at the highest level so I chose Monaco," Ghezzal told the club's official website.

"I believe in the Monaco project, that they are the French champions and also reached the semi-finals of the Champions League is fantastic.

"After several years in Lyon, I needed a new challenge. Everything is readily available here to have a successful season."

Ghezzal, who started his youth career at Lyon and signed a professional contract in 2010, went on to score 14 goals and provided 20 assists for the club in 119 appearances.

Born in France, he represented his country of birth at youth level before switching allegiance to Algeria.

He made his debut under former manager Christian Gourcuff in a friendly against Qatar in March 2015 and has scored once in 11 appearances for the Desert Foxes.

Ghezzal played all three matches as Algeria exited the 2017 Africa Cup of Nations at the group stage.[/article]

Last edited:
Sead Hakšabanović - West Ham (reportedly £3 million)

[article]West Ham United are delighted to announce the signing of Montenegro attacking midfielder Sead Haksabanovic.

The exciting 18-year-old joins the Hammers on a five-year contract for an undisclosed fee from Swedish club Halmstads BK, where he became the second-youngest player in Allsvenskan league history in April 2015.

Blessed with searing pace, outstanding technical ability and vision and an eye for goal, Haksabanovic has already made 70 first-team appearances and made his senior international debut in May.

Now, the Sweden-born player will bring his wide range of talents to the Hammers, London Stadium and the Premier League.

“I'm really happy to be here - it's a dream come true,” said Haksabanovic, who becomes the third former Halmstads player to join the Hammers after Sweden stars Niclas Alexandersson and Fredrik Ljungberg.

“West Ham is a big club and it is a nice feeling to have signed. The move happened quite fast - we heard that they wanted me, so I was interested to hear the plan for me and when I did I was very pleased.

"I am an attacking player, I like to dribble and shoot, but I work hard for the team. I am really looking forward to getting started, I have watched quite a few West Ham games in the Premier League and I can see that they have some great players and great fans.

"Now I just want to get used to being with the team and then hopefully play some games at some point next season."

Haksabanovic was born in the small village of Hyltebruk 35 miles north east of Halmstad, joining the club at the age of six in 2006.

Nine years later, he became HBK’s youngest-ever player when he debuted at IFK Norrkoping in the Allsvenskan on 9 April 2015, aged just 15 years, eleven months and six days.

Halmstad were relegated in 2015, but Haksabanovic’s eight goals and seven assists in 30 appearances saw them promoted from the Superettan at the first attempt.

Back in the top flight, the teenager has continued to impress this season, starting all 18 Allsvenskan fixtures and scoring four goals, despite playing for a team which has won just two league matches.

Internationally, Haksabanovic featured for Sweden at U17 and U19 level before switching his allegiance to Montengero – the country of his father’s birth – earlier this year.

A senior debut arrived on 10 June in Podgorica, when he played the final six minutes of his nation’s 4-1 FIFA World Cup qualifying win over Armenia – a victory which kept them second in Group E.

Everyone at West Ham United would like to welcome Sead to London Stadium and wish him the best of luck as he embarks on a new career in Claret and Blue.[/article]

Hernani - St. Etienne (loan)

Matias Kranvitter - Zenit St. Petersburg (reportedly €8 million)

Argentine influx at Zenit - Driussi, Paredes, Mammana, Kranevitter

Last edited:
Richarlison - Watford (reportedly £13 million)

[article]Brazilian attacker Richarlison has signed for Watford on a five-year deal, the Hornets are delighted to confirm.

The Hornets have beaten off strong competition to secure the services of the highly-rated 20-year-old, following a successful work permit application.

A pacey and exciting forward with an eye for goal, Brazil Under-20 international Richarlison joins from Fluminese, where he played 67 games and scored 19 times.

He came through the ranks at América Mineiro and has scored twice in eight games for Brazil Under-20s.[/article]

Mario Lemina - Southampton (€17 million + add ons up to€3 million

[article]Southampton Football Club is delighted to announce the signing of midfielder Mario Lemina from Juventus.

The 23-year-old today completed his switch from the Italian side and has joined the club on a five-year contract.

A senior international with Gabon, Lemina started his career in France, with Lorient, before joining Marseille in 2013 and then moving to Juventus in 2015, initially on loan, before completing a permanent transfer last summer.

In his time with the Bianconeri, he won both the Serie A title and the Coppa Italia twice, and featured in last season’s Champions League final, against Real Madrid.

Vice Chairman (Football) Les Reed said: “Mario is an outstanding talent who has already achieved a great deal in his career, winning a number of titles and gaining experience of playing on some of the biggest stages in world football.

“Investing in a player of Mario’s quality and buying from a club like Juventus is a significant statement of intent from the club, and this is a purchase that has set another club-record fee.

“Mario still has his best years ahead of him, and we believe that he will not only be an excellent acquisition for us in the immediate future, but that he will also be able to realise even more of his potential here in the years to come.

“In a volatile market with some extraordinary and inexplicable transfers taking place, we are determined to go about our work in a diligent and correct way. This is a player who has won trophies and played in the Champions League final less than three months ago and he has signed for Saints amid a host of suitors.

“Mario will complement what is already an extremely strong group of midfield players in our squad, and we are excited about what he will bring to the group.”

Commenting on his move, Mario Lemina said: "I am really happy to have signed for Southampton. I think that it was the project that attracted me the most and the one my family was really behind. I am really happy to be here."[/article]

Sokratis Dioudis - Panathinaikos (undisclosed fee)

[article]Panathinaikos have announced the signing of goalkeeper Sokratis Dioudis.

The 24-year-old International, the sixth player that moves to the Greens this summer, made 34 appearances with Aris last season.

Dioudis will probably be the back-up keeper of Panathinaikos, the No.2 behind Odysseas Vlachodimos.[/article]

Niclas Eliasson - Bristol City (reportedly €2 million)

[article]City have completed the signing of Swedish Under-21 international Niclas Eliasson for an undisclosed fee.

The 21-year-old winger arrives at Ashton Gate from IFK Norrkoping and has signed a three-year contract, with a further year’s option.

Head coach Lee Johnson told bcfc.co.uk: “It’s a really interesting deal given the way myself and our recruitment team found Niclas.

“It all began very statistically-based and then the more we saw of him play, the more we liked what we were seeing.

“We just couldn’t turn down this opportunity to sign a player who we think can be very special in the Championship and, moving forward, into the future.

“It will be interesting to see how his performances transcend from the Allsvenskan into the Championship.

“He’s got an outstanding crossing ability; he’s very quick and very sharp. I’m excited to have him on board now and I’m sure he’ll blend in with the rest of our squad.

“We’ve got stiff competition for places now in the wide areas, which this club demands.”

Eliasson came through the youth ranks of Falkenbergs FF before moving to Stockholm-based AIK in 2014.

He featured 43 times for AIK in two seasons, before joining Norrkoping in July 2016, initially on loan, before turning the deal permanent in January.

Eliasson has been capped at Under-17, Under-19 and Under-21 level by his country, joining Gustav Engvall in the squad for the Under-21 European Championships in Poland this summer.

Now the youngster – who can operate on the left or right flank – has the chance to tackle English football and the Sky Bet Championship with City.[/article]

Carlos Uriel Antuna - Groningen (2 yr loan)

From Man City

Adam Legzdins - Burnley (undisclosed fee)

[article]The Clarets have secured the signing of goalkeeper Adam Legzdins on a three-year contract from Birmingham City.

The 30-year-old arrives at Turf Moor for an undisclosed fee and becomes manager Sean Dyche’s fifth new signing ahead of the start of the Premier League season on Saturday.

The capture of Legzdins – who has played almost 200 senior games fills the gap left in the Clarets’ squad by the retirement earlier this summer of former England international Paul Robinson.

The Staffordshire-born keeper ends a second spell with Birmingham, where he started his career before going on to play for Crewe, Burton Albion, Derby County and Leyton Orient before a return to St Andrew’s in June, 2015.

Legzdins, who also played on loan at Alfreton, Halifax and Weymouth to gain experience during the early part of his career, joins Tom Heaton and Nick Pope as the senior keepers in Dyche’s squad, with Northern Ireland under-21 international Conor Mitchell moving on loan to Chester City until January for the chance of first-team football.

And goalkeeping Billy Mercer (above) expects the new arrival to be a key part of the Clarets’ plans.

Mercer told Clarets Player HD: “I wanted someone who is going to push both Nick and Tom.

“As I’ve said to all of them ‘we don’t do one, two, three’ and no-one is guaranteed a place in any position at the football club, so it’s a healthy competition for places and one I’m looking forward to seeing.

“Adam is a good age, he’s got a lot of games behind him, he’s very athletic, he’s a big lad with a lot of presence and one who will add to the group, for sure.

“He’s hungry and very professional, which fits what we’re about here. He will push and work his socks off to challenge.

“It’s a good move for him, an exciting more for him, and one I know he’s going to relish.

“I was sad to see Paul go but I think we have got a really good replacement in Adam and he’s going to push Nick and Tom, so the goalkeeping department looks really good at the moment.”

Legzdins, who had a year left to run on his contract at Birmingham, where manager Harry Redknapp signed Brighton’s David Stockdale over the summer, said: “I’m not one to stand still. I’d like to think I’ve got a good feel of things and I just felt it was the right time.

“Interest from someone like Burnley is something you can’t ignore, no matter what the situation was at Birmingham, and after speaking to the people here I think it will be a really good fit for myself.

“I’m looking forward to working hard to see what happens. I’m looking forward to working with the goalkeepers that are already here.

“Tom has achieved fantastic things. I have played against him in the Championship many times and Nick Pope is a great talent behind him.

“But I’m here to excel and I want to push them and help improve the goalkeeper department.

“I think I can add a lot of things which can help us all kick on and I’m looking forward to learning from Billy and the other two goalkeepers.

“To be in an environment where there is healthy competition can only help us all moving forward and I want to achieve as much as possible.

“Looking at the fixtures coming up, it’s nothing but excitement for me and my family.”[/article]

Jeremain Lens - Besiktas (loan for £1.5 million with option to buy at £3.7 million)

[article]Sunderland will receive only a fraction under £1.5m up front for Jeremain Lens .

The Dutch winger’s move to Besiktas was confirmed on Sunday but it has since emerged that he has only joined on loan, with no obligation for the Turkish club to buy him outright in 12 months.

Besiktas are publicly owned, and as such required to publish the details of transfers to the Turkish stock exchange. They will pay an initial 1.5m euros, or around £1.4m, loan fee for the player.

They will then have the option of buying him for a further £3.7m.

Sunderland has initially been hoping to recoup around £8m of the £11m they paid for Lens when they put him up for sale this summer. Lens joined from Dynamo Kiev two years ago but after an underwhelming time at the Stadium of Light he joined Fenerbahce on a season-long loan. Fener had been keen to sign the 29-year-old permanently, but felt they would be unable to accommodate his wages and transfer fee within the constraints of Uefa’s financial fair play regulations.

Besiktas has told the Turkish stock exchange Lens will receive around £2m in wages from them this season.

On Sunday Sunderland were quick to play down reports from Turkey that the fee for Lens would be around £4m spread over two years. If Besiktas do decide to buy the player, it will cost them £5.1m, mainly paid in the second season.

Just freeing up Lens’ wages will give Simon Grayson some extra wriggle room as he looks to continue rebuilding his squad, but so far the only player he has been able to sell for significant money is £30m goalkeeper Jordan Pickford. His deputy Vito Mannone left for just £2m, Fabio Borini also went on loan and a clause in Jermain Defoe’s contract allowed him to leave on a free transfer.

The cases of Lens and Borini – who joined AC Milan – show how the high wages Premier League clubs pay can be a barrier to moving unwanted players abroad, even after the 40% cut Sunderland players took following relegation. It could hamper their efforts to get full value for the likes of Wahbi Khazri and Papy Djilobodji, whose lack of involvement in the opening Championship game against Derby County looked a clear indication of where they stand in Grayson’s plans.[/article]

Marco Benassi - Fiorentina (reportedly €10 million plus add ons)

[article]Fiorentina have confirmed the surprise signing of Torino midfielder Marco Benassi on a five-year contract.

A statement on Fiorentina’s official website adds Benassi will arrive in Tuscany on Wednesday and undergo a medical with the club, prior to signing on.

The 23-year-old spent three seasons at Torino, becoming their captain last season and also taking on the armband for Italy Under-21s.

He will go some way towards filling the voids left by Borja Valero and Matias Valero, both of whom have joined Inter.

A fee for Benassi remains undisclosed by the Viola, but Firenzeviola.it claims they will pay €10m plus bonuses.[/article]

Dalbert - Inter Milan (€20 million plus add ons)

[article]Dalbert Henrique Chagas Estevao is now an Inter player, with the Brazilian full-back signing a contract until 30th June 2022.

Born on 8th September 1993 in Barra Mansa, with its 450,000 residents in the state of Rio de Janeiro, Dalbert initially began his playing career with his local team before then moving on to the youth academies at Fluminense and Flamengo. In 2013, he moved to European football as he was signed by Academico Viseu of the Portuguese second division. After two years of development (in 2014-15 he was named best left-back in the league), he moved up to the Primeira Liga with Vitoria Guimaraes, who were then managed by former Inter man Sergio Conceicao. In the 2015-16 season, he made a total of 27 appearances in the league and cups.

Last summer, Nice took a chance on Dalbert and it turned out to be a great decision. The Brazilian established himself as one of the most interesting left-backs in Ligue 1, as he made 33 league appearances; one in the French Cup and four in the Europa League. During this positive campaign, he was a key figure as Nice kept the pressure on Monaco and Paris Saint-Germany, ultimately finishing third and securing a Champions League spot where they will now face Napoli after beating Ajax. Under Lucien Favre, Dalbert showed great physical and technical ability as he got up and down the flank and he came up with four assists last season. Furthermore, he was the Nice player with the most crosses (94) and the most dribble attempts (100).

Now, he’s a Nerazzurri player. Welcome to Milan, Dalbert and good luck for our new adventure together![/article]

Andre Gray - Watford (reportedly £18.5 million)

[article]Watford FC is delighted to announce the signing of striker Andre Gray for a club record transfer fee.

The 26-year-old moves to Vicarage Road from fellow Premier League side Burnley on a five-year deal.

Gray found the net 33 times during two seasons with the Clarets, including nine goals in 26 top-flight starts during 2016/17.

The pacey centre-forward arrived at Turf Moor in 2015 following a £9m move from Brentford, where he had scored 20 goals in 52 games.

After making his professional debut for Shrewsbury Town in 2009, Gray enjoyed prolific spells in non-league with Hinckley United and Luton Town before switching to Griffin Park in 2014.[/article]

Valentin Eysseric - Fiorentina (reportedly €4 million)

[article]Fiorentina have officially signed Valentin Eysseric from OGC Nice after he completed a medical today, signing a four-year contract.

The 25-year-old creative midfielder arrived in Florence for his tests and was given the all-clear for a permanent transfer.

It’s reported Fiorentina have paid between €3.5m and €4m for his services.

Last season, Eysseric scored eight goals with seven assists in 39 competitive games for Nice.

The Viola confirmed in a statement that he has signed a contract to June 2021.[/article]

Last edited:
Timothy Fosu-Mensah - Crystal Palace (loan)

[article]Timothy Fosu-Mensah has joined Crystal Palace FC a one-year loan deal from Manchester United.

The 19 year old defender will wear the number 24 shirt,
and is another signing who can player a number of positions across the defensive and midfield lines.

Fosu-Mensah has featured 21 times for United including a clean sheet at Old Trafford against Palace on the final day of the 2016/17 season, and has represented Netherlands at youth, U21 and three appearances at senior level.

The new loan signing said of the move: “The manager spoke to me about coming down to join Crystal Palace and it was clear that he wanted me to be part of his squad which as a player gives you a great feeling straight away. I must now repay that back by putting in some good performances for the club.

“I am only 19 years old and still have a lot to learn and therefore getting the opportunity to play more games on a regular basis will help my development."

Frank de Boer was delighted to be reunited with his fellow former Ajax man Fosu-Mensa. “Timothy is a player who has great pace and incredible physical ability. In today’s game you need players with strength and speed and is a player who can also play in midfield.

“I am seeing him in our system as a right centre back but he can also play full back in a 4-3-3.”
[/article]

Jordan Amavi - Marseille (loan with option to buy)

[article]Marseille have completed the signing of Aston Villa left-back Jordan Amavi.

The 23-year-old left-back has returned to France and brought to an end his two-year spell at Villa Park.

Amavi arrived at Villa for £9million from Nice in 2015 and became an instant hit with the claret and blue faithful with a few impressive early performances under Tim Sherwood.

But a knee injury sustained on international duty ended his first season with the club and he has since failed to establish himself in Villa’s first XI.

Amavi did reclaim the left-back jersey in October from compatriot Aly Cissokho but he was only ever a stop-gap before manager Steve Bruce could get his own man in the January transfer window, and he did in the form of Neil Taylor.

Amavi almost joined Sevilla last month before a deal fell through at the last minute.[/article]

Ryad Boudebouz - Real Betis (€7 million)

[article]Real Betis Balompié has signed Ryad Boudebouz, from Montpellier HSC. The Algerian player has signed a contract to be a Green-and-White for the next four seasons.

Ryad Boudebouz (Colmar, France, 19/02/1990) began his professional career at FC Sochaux, where he played for five seasons. In 2013, he signed with SC Bastia, where he spent a two-year spell before arriving in Montpellier HSC in 2015. In his last team, Boudebouz became one of the best players in the French league, as his numbers in goals and assists show. Last season, he scored 8 goals and gave 9 assists.

He has won 25 caps with Algeria national team, and has played more than 300 games in France’s League 1.[/article]

Marten de Roon - Atalanta (reportedly €13.5 million plus add ons up to €1.5 million)

[article]Atalanta have completed their move for Middlesbrough midfielder Marten de Roon 13 months after selling him to the Teessiders for £12million.

The fee the Italian club has paid for its former player has not be released under a privacy clause.

De Roon's move was confirmed by Boro in a statement released via their official website on Thursday evening.

Under the headline 'Marten de Roon returns to Atalanta', it said: 'The Dutch midfielder has gone back to play in Italy after just one game in the Championship.

'The move is a permanent one with Atalanta re-signing the player they sold to us a year ago.

'De Roon, 26, made 34 appearances in the Premier League and two in the FA Cup in his one season on Teesside, scoring five goals, perhaps the most memorable of which was the late equaliser away to Manchester City in November.

'Due to a privacy clause in the contract, we are unable to release the fee involved.

'Everyone at MFC wishes Marten all the best for the future.'[/article]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom