• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Curious... What did yiz expect by now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whaddapie

I'm amazed at some of the reaction to our start to the season.

I get that it's been very frustrating at times, but given what we knew coming in (what with the new manager, paper-thin squad, very tough start, etc), the fact that a win tomorrow sees us within site of 4th, with 75% of the season left, has me relatively satisfied with what I've seen so far. Satisfied enough to think that things are moving in the right direction, anyway... We're also doing fine in the Europa league so far and some of the youngsters have really impressed with their performances.

Luck and poor decisions see us anywhere from 4 to 10 points worse off than we might have been... We'd all be happy then, I think. And please don't do the whole "If your aunt..." shit - I know that. My point is that some of the reaction would have you believe that nothing's going right, the players don't care and there's absolutely nothing positive coming out of Anfield at all so far.

I don't get it.

Let’s just wait for the result against Newcastle before we start believing we can get forth! However on the whole I share your optimism, with a bit of luck, hopefully some goals, we can start moving up the table.

I think most people are being fair and reasonable tbh.

There's obviously gonna be disappointment when your team gets beat even if we're in transition.

Let’s just wait for the result against Newcastle before we start believing we can get forth! However on the whole I share your optimism, with a bit of luck, hopefully some goals, we can start moving up the table.

Someone mentioned 4th place earlier in other thread but surely the vast majority of Liverpool fans accept we're not getting 4th this season.

It was a tough one innit. We had a load of hard games which I didn't expect much from, but I was hoping we'd beat the likes of Stoke and Newcastle at home.

We're a little bit worse than I thought we would be, and a lot worse than I'd hoped.

It was a tough one innit. We had a load of hard games which I didn't expect much from, but I was hoping we'd beat the likes of Stoke and Newcastle at home.

We're a little bit worse than I thought we would be, and a lot worse than I'd hoped.

That is very well put!! I reckognize that feeling....

Its more or less exactly what I was expecting, better in fact, given Luis is finding the net regularly.
It's last year all over again when we also had Carroll , so we gave him away without bringing anyone else in, that was hardly likely to improve matters.
I said when the transfer window closed somone is guilty of gross negligence, and that as far as I am concerned is Ayre.
They really need to pull rabbits out of hats come Jan, and we need to get on our knees and pray to whatever God that Suarez stays fit.

regards

We're slightly worse than I expected. And I wasn't expecting much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom