• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Danny Drinkdriver

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluebell

Well-Known
Shockingly shit! Chelsea will have to transfer the player for free if they're to get him off their books. Whoever signed him needs sacking

He wasn't shit, he was a good player, but like Scott Parker and loads before him, he went to that shithole to languish on their bench and completely halt any progress, and now it's too late.

It's tragic really. He was an excellent player at Leicester, match in match out, an integral cog in their PL winning team. I really liked him at that time. Chelsea fucked him up. Maybe he can get his fitness back but part of that is certainly on him. Not a mentality monster perhaps.

Lets be honest, he was made to look good in that Leicester side by Kante Mahrez & Vardy.

With the former 2 actually going on to prove their worth by winning titles with other clubs.

It's tragic really. He was an excellent player at Leicester, match in match out, an integral cog in their PL winning team. I really liked him at that time. Chelsea fucked him up. Maybe he can get his fitness back but part of that is certainly on him. Not a mentality monster perhaps.

He was very obviously the lesser light in that team, and the genuine talent was Kante in the midfield.

Kante made him look good. Bang average player who had a purple patch for a season or 2. That with a shit attitude means he is unlikely to improve. He is on over 100k a week so I’m sure he sleeps well every night

Kante made him look good. Bang average player who had a purple patch for a season or 2. That with a shit attitude means he is unlikely to improve. He is on over 100k a week so I’m sure he sleeps well every night
To be labeled SHIT when you're contract comes to an end this summer does not bode well for future earnings. He is 30, I can only think about Moyes being stupid enough to go for him or he goes down to the Championship and I can't imagine anyone paying more than 20k per week

He wasn't shit, he was a good player, but like Scott Parker and loads before him, he went to that shithole to languish on their bench and completely halt any progress, and now it's too late.
Like many, Scott Parker and now Drinkwater have hit their ceiling at the club before the big move. Saying goes, big fish in a small pond. He's alright, but he is never top 4 level sort of player (not unless he got Klopp to motivate him... haha).

I always quite liked Parker, certainly a better player than Drinkwater, but similar trajectory is some ways.

All that said, not ONE person looked at that Leicester title-winning team and thought "That Drinkwater is the talent there" as it was painfully obvious it was Kante, Vardy and Mahrez.

I always quite liked Parker, certainly a better player than Drinkwater, but similar trajectory is some ways.

All that said, not ONE person looked at that Leicester title-winning team and thought "That Drinkwater is the talent there" as it was painfully obvious it was Kante, Vardy and Mahrez.
Someone at Chelsea did, they forked out almost £35m for him and £100k in wages

£25m in wages over five years. His contract runs until summer 2022 when he’ll be 32

Scott Parker was a good player and had done it for a number of years at Charlton before disappearing at Chelsea. Shaun Wright Philips was another another

Scott Parker was a good player and had done it for a number of years at Charlton before disappearing at Chelsea. Shaun Wright Philips was another another

Parker joined Chelsea when they were one of the best teams in Europe and had the likes of Makelele and Lampard, and he was never given much of a chance.

He was decent at West Ham and Spurs and was a player we could have used, especially given we suffered the likes of Lucas for a decade.

He apparently has a drink and gambling problem, which has co-incided with his rapid decline, he was banned from driving last year for drink driving related offences as well as being involved in a few scuffles outside night clubs

He apparently has a drink and gambling problem, which has co-incided with his rapid decline, he was banned from driving last year for drink driving related offences as well as being involved in a few scuffles outside night clubs
He gets beaten up outside clubs too.

I remember someone saying that Kante's greatest achievement, better than back to back titles with Leicester and Chelsea, was getting this absolute load of bollocks an England cap, and they were right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom