• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

David Haye v The Monster

Vanbasten84

Active
8 stone and 8 foot taller than him (well nearly) announced for November on box office .......1/2 Haye 6/4 Monster is the betting

David Haye's bid for heavyweight glory will be live on Sky Box Office.

The Londoner takes on WBA champion and man mountain Nikolay Valuev on November 7 as he bids to become Britain's first world heavyweight champion since Lennox Lewis.

The fight has been signed and for Haye it will be a question of second time lucky.

His first heavyweight world-title challenge was due to be against Wladimir Klitschko in June, but had to be postponed due to injury.

There were also reports that he had signed to fight the elder Klitschko brother, Vitali, but now has his sights set on Valuev.

Thrilled
"I am thrilled to announce that my dream of becoming world heavyweight champion will be realised on November 7, when I challenge the tallest and heaviest champion of all time, Nikolay Valuev," Haye said.

"There were reports in the German press that I had signed to fight Vitali Klitschko in September, but those reports were never true.

"There have been long and exhausting discussions about the clash, but unfortunately I could never put my name to the fight contract the Klitschkos offered. The level of disrespect they have shown me throughout has left me feeling insulted."

Nicknamed the Beast from the East, the Russian stands at a whopping 7foot and is the tallest and heaviest world champion in history.

For his last fight, a successful defence against Evander Holyfield in December 2008, he weighed in at 310¾lbs,while Haye tipped the scales for his November KO of Monte Barrett at 226lbs.

"Valuev is eight stone heavier than me and a foot taller than me," the former world cruiserweight champion continued.

"David only needed a slingshot and a stone to flatten Goliath, and I'm convinced my right hand generates more power than a stone.

"I can't wait to step into the ring on November 7 and prove that size doesn't matter. Mark my words: I will be the first man to knock Nikolay Valuev out."

Valuev has only lost one of his 52 pro fights and is in his second stint as WBA boss. His impressive record includes recent wins over Barrett, John Ruiz (twice), Jameel McCline and Holyfield.

I hope they make sure this fight is on very late at night (after all the kiddies have gone to bed) because I think Nikolay Valuev is the ugliest person alive.

fakturant.jpg

He definatly deserves his nickname.

So he bottled his chance against a klitschko then. I hope he gets destroyed, though this bloke isn't in either klitschkos league.

[quote author=SaintGeorge67 link=topic=34870.msg911040#msg911040 date=1248373426]
So he bottled his chance against a klitschko then. I hope he gets destroyed, though this bloke isn't in either klitschkos league.
[/quote]

Bottle? Behave. David Haye may be a lot of things, but a bottler, he aint.
For me, it's clear that he pulled out of the Klitschko fight for one thing.. money. They were literally offering him pennies to fight them, and had it in the contract that should they (the Klitchskos lose) Haye would have to fight them (for pennies) another 2 times.
Basically, the Klitschko's have taken the heavyweight titles for ransom and the sooner they are both gone, the better for the heavyweight division which has become and 'jab, jab, and run' fest over the last few years. It's funny, because the Klitschko's are 'gentlemen' outside the ring. They say all the right things and they come across as level-headed grounded men. But inside the ring, there's just no charisma, no excitement, it's just 'jab, jab, jab.. decision win (or TKO when the guy's face falls off).. they've removed the excitement of KNOCKOUTS in the heavyweight division. I'd sooner have a cocky, brash champion like Haye who for all his talk and antics, goes in the ring to fight, take on the big challenges, and ultimately knock people out!

WTF?

Is this guy for real? How is anyone supposed to knock this cunt out?

fakturant.jpg

Surely a photoshop effort, eh? Fucking mongoloid.

[quote author=Stu link=topic=34870.msg911514#msg911514 date=1248443115]
WTF?

Is this guy for real? How is anyone supposed to knock this cunt out?

fakturant.jpg

Surely a photoshop effort, eh? Fucking mongoloid.

[/quote]

He looks like one of those fucking statues off easter island.

easterislandpictures5.jpg

Here he is on safari with his family.

"are not" that should be.

He's a waste of time. Tyson Fury is a much better heavyweight bet. A long way to go of course.

Why did Haye agree the fight initially then, if the deal was only for "pennies" Ibro ?

He made up an injury to get out of it, I'll bet it wasn't the money that was the problem it was simply that he's not good enough yet for the Klitschkos and he knows it.

[quote author=Rosco link=topic=34870.msg911858#msg911858 date=1248474031]
Why did Haye agree the fight initially then, if the deal was only for "pennies" Ibro ?
[/quote]

From my reading, it's because he realised there was more money to be had fighting this guy Valuev in November, taking his title, then coming to the table in a better position to negotiate with the Klitschkos, or someone else for that matter. Haye is box office, whoever he fights and with a title around his waist, he couldn't be offered 'pennies' by the Klitschkos or a ridiculous 3 fight deal (what kind of 'champion' insists on a double rematch deal, seriously?)

For me, it's a wise move by the fella. If he entered in this 3 fight agreement with the Klitschkos, that's potentially 1 and a half years of his career gone fighting the same guys for pennies. He's 28 and not getting any younger, and hasn't really made the big money. Financially, it made sense for him to pull out of the Klitschko fight(s) and get a strap around his waist against a guy who he has a much better chance of beating, and in a fight he can (personally/potentially) make more money.

Don't get me wrong, as a boxer, I don't think Haye is all that great.. and would most likely be stopped (via TKO) by either of the Klitschko's after they've jabbed his head off for 10 rounds. But I do respect the guy for going after the big challenges and not ducking opponents nor shortchanging fans with dull performances. It really irks me that the greatest division (heavyweight) in boxing has been taken hostage by 2 brothers, who whilst gentlemen outside the ring, are the most boringly dull fighters inside the ring. The fact that they are brothers make it worse, as understandably, they can't fight each other. But that means we've got no undisputed heavyweight champion which is something that just hurts boxing.

I hope Haye, or really just anyone for that matter, takes these 2 brothers out and unifies the division, so we can see exciting heavyweight fights again, and dare i say, a few knockouts once again.

Shame the other fights fell through, as i was looking forward to them. I dont blame Haye to be honest though, looked as though he pulled out the Wlad fight as there was the chance he would be fighting for free, with the problems Setanta were having .
Then the fight against Vitali fell through due to contract problems. Seems the Klitschkos wanted to many clauses (a guaranteed re-match, and if that was lost, Haye would have to fight the other brother / Haye having to defend his title in Germany on Klitschko undercards ect). Think maybe the brothers were extra-hard in talks as they were pissed off with the smack-talk Haye as been talking.

If Haye beats Valuev, he will then be a champ, and we hold more cards in any talks when talking with the Klitschkos. Hopefully he beats Valuev then goes on to fight the 2 brothers as he said he would, as the Heavyweight division needs some brighting up.

I like Haye, and hope he does well at Heavyweight, i like the Klitschkos too to be honest. There fights are dull ect, but they are quite, dont bad mouth fighters ect. They are dull to watch, but they fight to there advantages and are very effective in the ring.

I accept what you're both saying but this is exactly the reason why boxing is so shit at the moment

Yeah agree mate, all the contract deals ect ruin some good fights. To many belts flying around aswell, they should of one belt / champion per division.

[quote author=felly link=topic=34870.msg912046#msg912046 date=1248530482]
Yeah agree mate, all the contract deals ect ruin some good fights. To many belts flying around aswell, they should of one belt / champion per division.
[/quote]

yep, & if they insist on charging £15+ PPV they should follow UFC's lead & have at least 2 top level fights on the night. If not both for belts then both top class fighters. Otherwise it simply isnt fair on viewers.

[quote author=Rosco link=topic=34870.msg912014#msg912014 date=1248525513]
I accept what you're both saying but this is exactly the reason why boxing is so shit at the moment
[/quote]

Yep. Fully agree. There's too much emphasis placed on unbeaten records in boxing. So you get people ducking each other not wanting to ruin their 'brand'. In Ali's heyday, the best fought the best, and there was only 1 belt. Nowadays it's just all about money and records. "Money" Mayweather being the prime example of today's typical boxer. Talented, very talented, but handpicks his fights to catch people at the 'right' time and is all about pay-cheques and meaningless belts.

Over the last 6 months, I've really got into UFC now. It's just so much better. Fighters are real fighters (not businessmen), and don't/can't duck each other due to way it's booked (no silly agents/promoters ruining things).

[quote author=ibromurph link=topic=34870.msg912064#msg912064 date=1248536490]
[quote author=Rosco link=topic=34870.msg912014#msg912014 date=1248525513]
[/quote]

Yep. Fully agree. There's too much emphasis placed on unbeaten records in boxing. So you get people ducking each other not wanting to ruin their 'brand'. In Ali's heyday, the best fought the best, and there was only 1 belt. Nowadays it's just all about money and records. "Money" Mayweather being the prime example of today's typical boxer. Talented, very talented, but handpicks his fights to catch people at the 'right' time and is all about pay-cheques and meaningless belts.

Over the last 6 months, I've really got into UFC now. It's just so much better. Fighters are real fighters (not businessmen), and don't/can't duck each other due to way it's booked (no silly agents/promoters ruining things).
[/quote]

And as I said, the best thing is there's a couple of top billed fights on one night, so if one doesnt work, or is over quickly you're still gonna get something to watch.

UFC is on a different level to boxing right now in terms of competitive action. It's excellent, none of the "brand" nonsense as you mentioned Ibro , just fellas kicking the shit out of each other because they both think they're better than the other.

Yeah, 'tis great. I wish they'd fuck off all the sponsors names every 3rd word spoken though, it's major overkill.

Was watching a thing on ESPN about UFC. They were saying it's really really taking off in the US and is probably the 5th biggest thing there right now.

Ultimately, could it overtake boxing?

[quote author=SaintGeorge67 link=topic=34870.msg912117#msg912117 date=1248541146]
Was watching a thing on ESPN about UFC. They were saying it's really really taking off in the US and is probably the 5th biggest thing there right now.

Ultimately, could it overtake boxing?
[/quote]

Possibly.

I think they need to try to avoid over saturation though, & possibly have some 'lower class' fights, & a few top billing matches on free tv occasionally. Boxing built up it's fanbase on free to air tv, since it's mainly pPV it's suffered massively.

[quote author=FoxForceFive link=topic=34870.msg912116#msg912116 date=1248541132]
Yeah, 'tis great. I wish they'd fuck off all the sponsors names every 3rd word spoken though, it's major overkill.
[/quote]

I think Brock Lesnar agrees with you

Is this guy for real?

He like an eastern european villian in a shit film.

Back
Top Bottom