• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Deadly........I owe you an apology

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vlads Quiff

Well-Known
I have been one of your fiercest critics this term, although the last couple of months I have warmed to you, and what you are about.
You have been less than convincing in the box, bloody awful in fact, and your touch is erratic at best.
However, all that aside, in these last three matches I have come to realise that there is a little more to all this than just working hard.
You have the heart of a lion, you are willing to do anything for the team , play anywhere, and anyhow, so long as you are out on the pitch. You will run and run for us all day (and night) until you fall down with your lungs bursting, you would charge through a brick wall if you had to, and for all those attributes I admire you immensely, and appreciate what you have done.
Ultimately I can not see you being accommodated on the right in the long term, so I am not sure what the final outcome may be, but you are a good, whole hearted lad, thanks

regards

Well said, Vlad. I agree whole heartedly and I too have warmed to him in recent weeks.

Awwww... Diggler was immense last night my MOM. If he can rediscover his goal touch, he'll be more than a useful player for us, I haven't given up hope on him, its been a tough year. He deserves another season.

He's on his best run of the season. I would give him another year but treat it as a striker lost (and therefore, another striker who needs replacing). I'd keep him for the role he's occupied of late, although I still don't think he's the long-term solution we're looking for. And regardless of everything else, his attitude is second to none.

I think him and Crouch will be hear next year. And depending on who else we get in, it wouldn't be such a bad thing.

Dirk is going nowhere. A recent interview with Rafa made clear just how much he rates the guy. But Crouchy will leave I reckon.

[quote author=Gerry_A_Trick link=topic=22429.msg538450#msg538450 date=1207752238]
I think him and Crouch will be hear next year. And depending on who else we get in, it wouldn't be such a bad thing.
[/quote]

Terrible misuse of 'hear', here...

[quote author=leftpeg link=topic=22429.msg538461#msg538461 date=1207752510]
[quote author=Gerry_A_Trick link=topic=22429.msg538450#msg538450 date=1207752238]
[/quote]

Terrible misuse of 'hear', here...
[/quote]

Here here.

I don't think there is any need to apologize.

We've said all along that Dirk seems like a great guy and someone whose work ethic and heart on the pitch will always win him fans in the crowd. On big occasions such as the latter stages of the CL, these type of attributes are always magnified and rightly praised.

He deffo deserves credit for regaining some of his form and for his contributions to our CL campaign thus far, however none of this invalidates any of the earlier criticisms, a fact that is underlined by an uncertainty over how he'll fit in in the future.

The paradox is that he was banging them in for fun in the Dutch league scoring on average 25 goals a season whilst often playing up front on his own. However Torres was only averaging at 15 goals a season in for Athletico.
I know there’s a difference in standard of leagues but surely not that by the margin the goal averages are suggesting.
He is a confidence player and has been somewhat lacking this during this season. I havent been his biggest fan recently but I have to say he had a good game last night. Not only did he put 110% in (as he always does) he was actually an attacking threat and held the ball up well.
We can do better for a right winger however I would like to keep him as a squad player. He's the type of player who wouldnt moan about it either.

[quote author=dsouthy link=topic=22429.msg538507#msg538507 date=1207753440]He's the type of player who wouldnt moan about it either.
[/quote]

That's what most would've said about Crouch a couple seasons ago.

He's very likeable and I would have given him top 3 MOM in yesterday's match if it weren't for that sequence that led to Arsenal's first goal. He ran away from the man he was marking. It was weird.

Yeh, credit where due.

His attitude to the club has been top notch. We all know he's not the most gifted player in the world, but he works like a horse for the team, and plays exactly to his strengths.

bdw, he's a great defending striker isn't he?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom