• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

did david moores need to sell?

Status
Not open for further replies.

spider-Neil

Well-Known
seriously? how many years since the sale? 7? is there anything that has happened since that couldn't have been funded by club turnover. what about the stadium? seven years on an not so much a brick has been laid. had moores been in charge would we be in this disasterous position now?

We'd have been better off with Moores in place than we are now but he was being advised by Parry. Fancy that........oh. bugger.

uproar over the parrybowl and 7 years on it looks like we are going to build the parrybowl (if we build a stadium at all).

People were crying out for Moores to sell up, long before he actually did.

It hasn't worked out at all well, and in many ways we might have been better off with Moores in charge, but then I'm not sure we would have progressed that much under him either.

I think considering that Moores had to loan the club the fee to buy Kuyt I doubt if we would be in any better shape now if he was still the owner and probably would be worse off.

This makes relatively no sense, Moores presided over an era where we had a headstart over every club in the league in terms of playing squad resources prestige etc and under his reign we began a slow slide toward mediocrity while Man U disappeared over the horizon in terms of modernisation leading to the point where we are now no longer capable of competing.

This is exactly the sort of nostalgic over sentimental thinking that has weighed around this club like an anchor for the last 20 years, the game has changed, football is now unrecognisable as a business from when we last won a title and still we have to listen to the ridiculous "Liverpool way" mantra that gets dug up whenever a serious decision has to be made.

FSG are trying to drag this club kicking and screaming into the modern era, not a raging success so far but if the alternative is to bury our heads in the sand and pretend its still 1984 then I will continue to see them as a good thing no matter what people imagine Shankly would have made of it all

Excellent post. The roots of our problems lie in the Moores era, when that well-meaning but incompetent duffer took on a job which was massively too big for him. The gap which he and Parry allowed to develop between us and the clubs which overtook us is what lies behind our troubles to this day.

Moores and the Liverpool Board's lack of foresight brought the club to its knees and mediocrity quickly followed. Unfortunately, the old hierarchy didn't understand the power of the brand that is Liverpool and the lost marketing opportunities would have paid for a bigger stadium that should have been built a long time ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom