• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Dieumerci Mbokani

Status
Not open for further replies.

redhorizon2

Very Active
dieumerci_mbokani_26270.jpg

Belgium-based goal machine Dieumerci Mbokani has issued a come and get me plea to Brendan Rodgers and Liverpool.
The Anderlecht striker is the joint highest second scorer in the Belgian league this season with a tally of17 goals in 19 league games, which is turning the heads of plenty of scouts all over the country.
Liverpool will be in the market for a striker this summer as Luis Suarez will still be suspended for six games at the start of the season and a deal has reportedly been agreed between West Ham and the club over Andy Carroll.
Mbokani has said he wants to play football in England which is his first choice and has hinted that he’s aware of the links with Liverpool which exist in the press at the moment.
"I am very happy to leave the club on a good note, now I need to think about my next move, England will be my first choice, but Italy also."
"I will soon be there to have a talk with the club, I heard about the interest ofLiverpool, but nothing is concrete so far, it is paper talk."
The only confusing aspect of this link is the fact that Mbokani appears to be a bullish and physically imposing striker, which Brendan Rodgers has already frowned upon in the form of Carroll.
Why Rodgers would suddenly decide that he needs a sort of player, who he’s just agreed to sell, doesn’t exactly point towards logic and Rodgers has proven himself a very clever and shrewd manager during his time at Anfield.
However, his strike rate this season suggests he’s a much more subtle player than his appearance would suggest and he’s also got three assists so his build up play seems just as effective.
At 27-years-old he’s at the top end in terms of age when it comes to the players the club is prepared to look at but his profile and his current club ensure that any fee will be on the small side.
This is also a player who has a strike rate of greater than one goal in every two games at international level with 11 goals for Congo so far during his career.
His career record in other top flights in Europe is a little worrying, which is the one thing which may put Rodgers off of any deal.
He’s had spells in French and German football with Monaco and Wolfsburg where he’s not been able to replicate the sort of striking form, which he’s been showing at Anderlecht.
Both countries have a higher standard of football than in Belgium, which would generally lead to the assumption that he could struggle in the Premier League which would simply frustrate the club and Liverpool’s fans.
At the moment it just seems like paper talk, which is exactly how Mbokani describes it, because Liverpool are looking for cheap options in all positions as they don’t have tens of millions to spend any more.
Does Mbokani have any chance of making it to Liverpool?
http://hereisthecity.com/2013/05/22/the-belgian-goal-machine-liverpool-should-avoid/

Haven't we been linked with this guy before when he was at Standard Liege?

He's had a chance in both France and Germany in recent years and it didn't quite work out for him so he's back scoring goals in Belgium. Perhaps that's just his level - I suspect so.

Aly Cissokho has been transfer listed, we'll get linked to him aswell now.
The usual suspects.

Since february we've been linked with over a 100 players....

Aly Cissokho has been transfer listed, we'll get linked to him aswell now.
The usual suspects.

Since february we've been linked with over a 100 players....

Is he the player who failed a medical because of dodgy teeth?

Haven't we been linked with this guy before when he was at Standard Liege?

He's had a chance in both France and Germany in recent years and it didn't quite work out for him so he's back scoring goals in Belgium. Perhaps that's just his level - I suspect so.
Last time we got a Standard Liege striker, he helped us win the league

I have actually seen this lad play a handful of times and I can say without any doubt that he is absolutely not a player that we need.

His name looks like someone just dropped a Scrabble set and thought 'yeah, that'll do'
Fuck him, he's garbage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom