• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Director of Football

Status
Not open for further replies.
'Director of Football you say?'
west-ham-v-hull-sam-allardyce_3108627.jpg

I heard Neil Warnock say he was out of management this morning... but would listen to a director of football offer

nightmare fuel

I reckon I could do it.

How hard could it be really?

I'd just have an army of cunts out there who's job it was to bring me player suggestions, possible transfers, and current squad discussions.

'Hey Ryno, Benteke, 30 million, whaddya reckon?'

Get fucked.

'Boss man, Andre Wisdom can't get on West Brom's bench, should we give him a new 5 year contract?'

Get out of my fucking face.

[For example, if you are after a quick, dynamic striker, there is no point being offered a big, slow target man simply because he happens to be available.

But our Transfer Committee did exactly that

Equally, those in charge of recruitment will have to know exactly what quality of player they already have in the club’s academy, and where those players are in terms of their readiness to step into the first team. There is simply no point spending millions of pounds acquiring players who are inferior or only fractionally better than the players the club are already developing.

Why did we buy Markowicz when Ibe was coming through. £20m wasted when a better player was in place. Why isn't the director of the Academy on the Committee?

Hang on a minute - Markowicz was playing regularly for Benfica and would have been playing in a Europa Cup Final but for being sent off in the Semi Final.

Ibe had spent the previous season helping Birmingham avoid relegation.

Ibe's progression has been impressive this season - probably helped by that loan to Derby and regular football early season.

I think it's great that we have both at the club.

Hang on a minute - Markowicz was playing regularly for Benfica and would have been playing in a Europa Cup Final but for being sent off in the Semi Final.

Ibe had spent the previous season helping Birmingham avoid relegation.

Ibe's progression has been impressive this season - probably helped by that loan to Derby and regular football early season.

I think it's great that we have both at the club.

Very good point.

I reckon I could do it.

How hard could it be really?

I'd just have an army of cunts out there who's job it was to bring me player suggestions, possible transfers, and current squad discussions.

'Hey Ryno, Benteke, 30 million, whaddya reckon?'

Get fucked.

'Boss man, Andre Wisdom can't get on West Brom's bench, should we give him a new 5 year contract?'

Get out of my fucking face.

Nah, I could do it.

You'd be the knob putting out the cones and spouting bollocks in the media

[article=http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3099866/Burnley-set-appoint-Frank-McParland-new-director-football-Turf-Moor.html#ixzz3bP8gGk47]Burnley are to announce Frank McParland as the club's new director of football.

McParland recently left a similar position at Brentford, coinciding with manager Mark Warburton and assistant manager David Weir's departures from the London club at the end of the season, despite taking Brentford to the Championship play-off final just 12 months after securing promotion from League One.

McParland has previously worked with Burnley manager Sean Dyche as chief scout at Watford and has also worked at Bolton and Liverpool where he worked as academy director and scout for Rafa Benitez.

He is credited as the man who pushed Liverpool to sign Raheem Sterling from QPR.

The Clarets begin next season in the Championship but are likely to be without key men Danny Ings and Kieran Trippier.

Ings is likely to have a number of options in the summer, while Trippier is wanted by Tottenham in a £3.5million deal.[/article]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom