• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Divcock

Status
Not open for further replies.
While that is true I dont believe he will keep up with this purple patch next season. He was very poor bar the goal, he managed to even performed worse than a half fit bobby. Even against Barcelona, he was average and contributed little bar the goals obviously.

I would be upset if he is our main backup for the front 3 next season. We shouldn't let this goalscoring run mask the fact that he is im fact, a very average player. He belongs with a midtable team at best.

Stop slating Divock you fucking slag.

I agree, poor all round football— either passed it behind a teammate or out into touch. Not unlike his teammates, mind. But we all know he was brought on for the goal and score he did.

Disagree. I thought he made a positive difference the moment he came on. He actually received the ball and turned in good spaces multiple times. He missed the through ball passes that he should have made, but his movement and quickness actually created the space for the through ball opportunity.

We looked much more settled when he and Milner came on.

Let's be honest he attempted probably a dozen forward passes and fucked the life out of each attempt . Could've played mo clean through on goal with a simple ball , very tidy finish however

I *love* how LFC has made so many top top world class players and professionals so mad.

Pirlo
Jose
Shevchenko
Maldini
Pep
Messi
Etc

I don't even think they hate us they are left confused and angry

I have read some of the crap views of some of these past great players, and that is what they are just crap. Some may call it the worse UCL final so far, but give me a break - I remember being bored out of my head watching those so called "great" Italian teams of the 90's and early 2000's, with 9 men behind the ball waiting for some mistake - they use to call that boring shit technical football in the days of Capello and Co. I mean they played out a 0-0 draw in 2003/04 when Juve played AC Milan but of course that was just defensive artistry.

What we had last night were two teams that had no played a full competitive game in 3 weeks in very humid conditions. It was still a nervy game for us until the 2nd goal went in, and Allison made some fine saves.

Just on Divok - some of you are have a go at his overall play, but look at it this way, he is not a regular for us, plus the fact that he tried to lay on those passes a few times suggests that he sees and reads the game well, but unfortunately because he has no played regularly maybe his passing is not so accurate. Contrast this with the regular starter Mo Salah, who nearly always takes on a shot this season when maybe Mane is in a better position to pass to. Divok, has pace, and power to his game, it won't be easy to replace that type of player.

Id be surprised if he signs a new contract. I mean he's never going to be first choice and it would be very irresponsible from us to lose another player for free after Can and Moreno.

Id be surprised if he signs a new contract. I mean he's never going to be first choice and it would be very irresponsible from us to lose another player for free after Can and Moreno.

No he is not but at the same time, I am pretty certain he has the respect of his manager and team-mates, and knows he can contribute to the overall team when called upon. He knows he will get chances to play, plus he is now legend - with experience to know from his loan spells that it really is not even easy going to other places and being first choice. I can think of more reasons for him to stay than to look elsewhere, even if say Barca came in for him - what would be the point ? - would he be first choice for them ? - probably not.

No he is not but at the same time, I am pretty certain he has the respect of his manager and team-mates, and knows he can contribute to the overall team when called upon. He knows he will get chances to play, plus he is now legend - with experience to know from his loan spells that it really is not even easy going to other places and being first choice. I can think of more reasons for him to stay than to look elsewhere, even if say Barca came in for him - what would be the point ? - would he be first choice for them ? - probably not.
It's about getting playing time.
Klopp is reportedly looking at signing another striker.

It's about getting playing time.
Klopp is reportedly looking at signing another striker.

I don't think he will sign the type that Divok is, and in any case we still need a replacement for Sturridge, so he maybe looking to keep the numbers and depth of his squad the same if as expected Sturridge is released.

I don't think he will sign the type that Divok is, and in any case we still need a replacement for Sturridge, so he maybe looking to keep the numbers and depth of his squad the same if as expected Sturridge is released.
Don't forget the kid, Brewster

Don't forget the kid, Brewster

True, but I still don't see us letting Origi leave unless we want it to happen. I think Klopp has a soft spot for him, and only recently is he showing the type of form he was before he got injured in that derby game in Klopp's first season. There is so much more to his game, in terms of running and taking on defenders, there is a good reason why that Evertonian prick injured him in that game - coz he is a handful to deal with. I would even argue that had Origi remained fit leading up to the Europa league final then we would not have lost that final.

He has an important choice now... But Leaving this Liverpool side for Wolves or Wolfsburg (just examples) will probably win him nothing but more playing time... not sure that will make him happier in the long run?

Last edited:
Origi has always had potential, he's still what 24 or so? It seems pointless rushing him out the door if he's happy being on the bench.

He's already come back quite a way from where he was.

Origi has always had potential, he's still what 24 or so? It seems pointless rushing him out the door if he's happy being on the bench.

He's already come back quite a way from where he was.
Listen, I'd keep Origi only based on emotions. But let's look at it logically, his contract is running out, now is the best time to sell him in order to find a top class young striker. I'm not for forcing him out, but if he doesn't sign a new contract why should we keep him?

I think he knows his limitations and seens pretty willing to work for the team as a super sub, so if he's happy here competing with Brewster and Shaq he can stay.

But as you said, if he sees his future elsewhere...why not? I don't really see him as first 11 forward here. Win-win situation if he finds a good club which needs a traditional No.9. No hard feelings and all the best for your future career, we will always remember you as an Anfield legend etc.

He can come watch us in Istanbul too.

Listen, I'd keep Origi only based on emotions. But let's look at it logically, his contract is running out, now is the best time to sell him in order to find a top class young striker. I'm not for forcing him out, but if he doesn't sign a new contract why should we keep him?

We need to freshen up our attack. There are times where the attack didnt work, especially when we had that spell where we kept drawing games. We need a solid forward, a predator and a goal scorer like Aguero, or someone close to him.

Origi is not that player.

I find it weird to be so quick to want him out.

We're not exactly stocked with forwards who can do a job across the 3 and be willing to sit on the bench.

He's a legend and we've got more money than God, so don't need to raise funds.

If he doesn't mind staying, let's have the big hero stay.

Brewster looks ace but he's a kid.

May need a year or 2 to do anything much at all.

So can't really include him in the equation at this stage.

I obviously cannot compete with the maestro, Avvy the magnifico,

DVO.jpg

we should make Evertonians sit here.

gorgeous

We've waited a long time for him to mature and then get over the injury inflicted by the blueshite.
I think we should at least give him another season to see if he continues to be the new Supersub.
I think he's fucking great and just what we need coming off the bench.

I just want to say one thing: Origi's contribution this season is another proof of why Klopp is a great manager. Divock has played under 7 managers in his club career – pretty good ones like Rodgers, Rudi Garcia, Martin Schmidt, Bruno Labbadia and others; I'm sure all of them saw his potential and tried to help him develop, but his natural tendency to doubt and become negative about himself meant that he failed to convince playing for any of them. Except one. Klopp is so good at filling his players with confidence that he did this with Origi twice – first when he just moved to England and was full of doubts after Rodgers barely used him, then again this season after coming back from an injury and a failed loan and having incredibly limited playing time to work with. Here's a stat: in 2 and a half seasons with Klopp Origi scored more than half of his career goals.

For this reason alone I think he will be desperate to stay; you don't ever want to leave the one coach that "gets" you. And I think this team needs someone like Origi too; our attacking unit is built around idiosyncratic, you could say "hybrid" players – Bobby is a playmaker-forward, Salah a winger-poacher, Mane is even harder to classify. Sometimes you need a direct no-nonsense striker, someone who will shoot on sight and has enough power and technical ability to do damage with he gets the chance. When he was 18-19 I thought he could develop into a player who could be excellent at leading the line – that doesn't seem to be the case anymore, but he has proven his effectiveness as a secondary striker and a super sub. The fact that he has become Klopp's first attacking sub for decisive high-stakes games shows LFC and Origi just might be the right fit for each other.

I just want to say one thing: Origi's contribution this season is another proof of why Klopp is a great manager. Divock has played under 7 managers in his club career – pretty good ones like Rodgers, Rudi Garcia, Martin Schmidt, Bruno Labbadia and others; I'm sure all of them saw his potential and tried to help him develop, but his natural tendency to doubt and become negative about himself meant that he failed to convince playing for any of them. Except one. Klopp is so good at filling his players with confidence that he did this with Origi twice – first when he just moved to England and was full of doubts after Rodgers barely used him, then again this season after coming back from an injury and a failed loan and having incredibly limited playing time to work with. Here's a stat: in 2 and a half seasons with Klopp Origi scored more than half of his career goals.

For this reason alone I think he will be desperate to stay; you don't ever want to leave the one coach that "gets" you. And I think this team needs someone like Origi too; our attacking unit is built around idiosyncratic, you could say "hybrid" players – Bobby is a playmaker-forward, Salah a winger-poacher, Mane is even harder to classify. Sometimes you need a direct no-nonsense striker, someone who will shoot on sight and has enough power and technical ability to do damage with he gets the chance. When he was 18-19 I thought he could develop into a player who could be excellent at leading the line – that doesn't seem to be the case anymore, but he has proven his effectiveness as a secondary striker and a super sub. The fact that he has become Klopp's first attacking sub for decisive high-stakes games shows LFC and Origi just might be the right fit for each other.
Your last sentence isn’t really all that, considering the alternative choices are a past it Sturridge and an untested youth player.
His career goal haul is pretty awful, and even with Klopp’s confidence building, his general play hasn’t improved at all.
I don’t mind him sticking around seeing as Sturridge is off and he’s also made a huge difference to our season. But I’m with Modo. If the lad isn’t that keen on signing a new contract due to lack of playing time, he should be off and we should be aiming higher.

And Shaqiri.
Klopp has shown an obvious preference to keep our best attackers buzzing around with a central player between them or switching places, rather than having the two up front with an am behind. It’s apples and oranges when it comes to Shaqiri and Origi.

Apparently he's to be offered a new long term deal.

I doubt he's ever going to be a top striker because his biggest weakness imo, a lack of confidence and killer instinct, is exactly what forwards need.

But it's low risk so I think we should give him every chance.

Brewster looks like a crackhead and I wouldn't be surprised if he was holding up a bank right now. Origi needs to stay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom