• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Divock Origi would like January move.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frogfish

Gone to Redcafe
Echo.

Divock Origi would love to move to Liverpool FC ahead of schedule in January. The 19-year-old Belgium striker is due to complete his move to Anfield next summer under the terms of the £10million deal the Reds agreed with French side Lille in the summer. However with Liverpool struggling for goals Origi is open to making the move earlier than expected.

The youngster, who is currently away on international duty with Belgium said: “Maybe January, who knows?” he said. “It’s not me who makes the decisions, but if the club choose to let me go in January, I would go. I would like to join Liverpool then. “Although I agreed to stay with Lille until the end of this season, if there was that chance of joining Liverpool sooner, I would take it – I would love to move sooner rather than later.

“Brendan Rodgers is in contact. That makes me feel very good and wanted. Also the medical staff, they stay in touch for the same reason, telling me they are looking forward to me coming to the club.” Lille are also struggling in the French League and Origi, who has scored five goals for club and country so far this season, feels the Premier League would suit his game better than Ligue 1.
He added: “I’m here at Lille. It’s fine. They are a good club and they have helped me. But it is also frustrating. It is French football. “I can’t wait to be playing in the Premier League because I can now see that it will suit me better. "I think there are good things waiting for me with Liverpool.”

Read a rumour a while back that it would cost us 5 mill £ to get him in January.
Do it Brendan

Unfortunately due to us being shit, this guy is getting hyped up well beyond his station, we need to tone it down otherwise he'll be under massive pressure and ultimately massively disappoint.

Is anyone else slightly conflicted about cutting his loan short or is it just me?

He's getting experience playing every game at Lille being one of the main men and the concern would be that he'd end up seeing a lot of bench time here.

Is anyone else slightly conflicted about cutting his loan short or is it just me?

He's getting experience playing every game at Lille being one of the main men and the concern would be that he'd end up seeing a lot of bench time here.

Exactly.

I'd maybe recommend re-watching one of our last dozen or so games!

I agree with the people saying we shouldn't expect too much from him, though, but even so it's by far our best option right now.

Hopefully we'll finally get rid of Loyal Fabio Borini, too.

I'm with Peter here.
I'm sick of looking at our supposed goal threat that we have it's fucking pathetic.
Watching Lambert fall over some grass last Saturday was the final straw.
We simply don't look like scoring a fucking goal with our current fit strikers.
Hoping Sturridge comes back and stays fit for the remainder of the season is wishful thinking of the highest order.
Bring Origi back make him feel wanted and then we can get a good pre season behind him knowing what we have on our hands.

Unfortunately due to us being shit, this guy is getting hyped up well beyond his station, we need to tone it down otherwise he'll be under massive pressure and ultimately massively disappoint.

Build 'em up, shoot 'em down. We are the NME of football.

I don't think he'd make much of a difference at the moment. If people are thinking Origi is the answer to our prayers, think again.

Yep, but I'd assume that the only reason we'd cut his time short, is if he was going to play a lot of minutes for us. It'd obviously be pointless if any of Balotelli, Borini or Lambert were picked ahead of him most of the time.

We're only considering him because we're desperate aren't we?

Stick or twist - forget stick, just keep twisting...

He'd be 3rd choice at worst (but likely 2nd choice) so would get plenty of game time.

Do it.

I'd rather we didn't.

We have money to spend after all, and there are other options out there.

He'd walk straight into our first team at the moment! I would also have him ahead of Balotelli in the pecking order.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom