• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Do we really need a new LB?

Status
Not open for further replies.

keniget

6CM Addict
Administrator
I'm not sure how Johnson feels about playing there but I think we'd struggle to get someone better than him right now.

In La Liga the commentators / pundits always go on about how great Adriano is in terms of his versatility because he can play RB/LB/RW/LW and we have our very own version in Glen. A better version as well I'd say. I know he has his doubters and has looked shaky on occasions but I think we're genuinely lucky to have him.

I guess it boils down to whether it's easier to buy a RB or a LB.. or whether we feel Wisdom can develop in the RB position over the course of the season and progress enough to justify counting on him there in the medium to long term (I thought he had a poor game yesterday).

After a finisher, we need a DM more than a LB. We can make do with GJ / Enrique / Robinson for a while, but we need a proper backup DM to Lucas to help delay / break up opponents' attacks down the middle and protect the CBs.

Yes a new LB is required - but it's well down the list of priorities.

He seems less erratic on the left, for some mad reason. He's still prone to errors but he's been one of ours and England's bright spots over the last few months.

How the fuck Enrique turned from a half decent LB into Forrest Gump.is one of lifes great mysteries

How the fuck Enrique turned from a half decent LB into Forrest Gump.is one of lifes great mysteries

I thought he linked up well yesterday with Johnson though, it's a combination we've not seen yet on the same flank and it worked.

Left back is something we can adress next summer. Enrique, Johnson and Robinson are good enough. Enrique will hopefully get back to his best now that he is fit from the injury he has been carrying all season.

We need a striker and a winger/forward in january.

I thought he linked up well yesterday with Johnson though, it's a combination we've not seen yet on the same flank and it worked.
He did when he first come on before quickly reverting to type kicking off his calipers and pegging it whilst not looking where he was going

He seems less erratic on the left, for some mad reason. He's still prone to errors but he's been one of ours and England's bright spots over the last few months.

I wonder if it's that much of a mystery, mark. I reckon he simply has to think about his game more, and gets caught out less often as a result.

It tells you how bad Downing is when the manager chooses Enrique, a left back (allegedly) ahead of him. He was pretty poor yesterday.

I made the same comment, there really is fuck all down for Downing.
Enrique must have put six decent balls into dangerous areas.
I agree left back is not a huge priority, let's get the striker sorted.

regards

I don't mind Glenjo at LB, and he'll be allowed to push forward even further when Lucas returns.

And who will Lucas dislodge?

It'll depend on a lot of things; injuries, form, opposition, tactics, formation, resting players, etc. But I know you don't understand or care about all of that and are just looking for a name as if everything is black n fucking white simple, so I'll give you one:

Şahin.

Barring injury and given the formation we play and the tactics Rodgers uses then I cannot see him coming in for Şahin Allen or Gerrard at the moment.

Lucas will have to wait for his chance. He'll play in Europe or the league cup before starting in the league.

Barring injury and given the formation we play and the tactics Rodgers uses then I cannot see him coming in for Şahin Allen or Gerrard at the moment.

Lucas will have to wait for his chance. He'll play in Europe or the league cup before starting in the league.

If Lucas is fit, he will start 9 times out of 10 Dreamy.

Rodgers has mentioned that Allen is playing where he is because of Lucas' absence (IIRC, this was in response to Shearer's attack on Allen's lack of contribution up front). I think Rodgers appreciates Lucas' role, and that once he is fit and ready, Allen will be pushed further up. Shelvey and Şahin will most likely be the ones to lose out in the league for now but it's great to see that we'll have solid rotations in Shelvey/Gerrard and Allen/Şahin.

Did no-one watch This is Liverpool on friday?

When Brendan was grooming Shelvey he told him that inthe future Gerrard would be playing as one of the wide 3 (with a winger on the other side). Lucas will be in for Shelvey for the next year or so.

Lucas will play when fit, as will Gerrard, however they will all rotate depending on fixture pile up etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom