• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Do you remember when....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Molbystwin

Well-Known
Ayre mentioned en passant, casually, and as you do, that we shouldnt be looking to share our money fairly derived from foreign lands and we should do all we could as LFC to cash in etc.... Got shot down didn't he.... Dave Whelan....Who i was interested to read is a nice chap and not a Slur Alex fan at all in other threads....i digress....

Anyway, to the point.

So I just read this on the BBC site stuck out in here in Spain drenched in sunshine drinking a cold beer on the terraza....

Mancini: Real Madrid & Barcelona are Man City's benchmark
Manchester City will emulate Spanish giants Real Madrid and Barcelona this summer by spending heavily to target Champions League success, boss Roberto Mancini has promised fans.
Mancini told BBC Sport: "Barcelona and Real Madrid every year buy two or three players and spend a lot of money.

"I think for Manchester City it will be the same.
"We need to improve. We need to have the strength to play Champions League and Premier League."
Use accessible player and disable flyout menusMan City lift Premier League trophy
He added: "For this we need to have a good team, a strong team with a good mentality, but I'm sure we will do it."
Real Madrid and Barcelona have spent an estimated total of £105m each, over the last two seasons, to recruit players.
Barcelona bought David Villa for £34.2m in the summer of 2010 while, 12 months later, they spent a similar amount on signing Cesc Fabregas.
Madrid's big outlay followed their 2009 spending spree, which included bringing in the likes of Cristiano Ronaldo (£80m), Kaka and Karim Benzema for a combined total of more than £170m.
City have the spending power to match the Spanish giants and, as Mancini plans an assault on European glory, he is pleased with how his side have dealt with the pressures of the Premier League this season.
He says City - top-flight champions for the first time since 1968 - are worthy winners of the title, pointing out that, unlike close rivals Manchester United, they were never beaten heavily by anyone.
"We lost 1-0, 1-0, 1-0 - always games we could win," he said. "Manchester United lost 3-0 to Newcastle and 6-1 against us, but we never had a game like this.
"Against United in the FA Cup, when we lost 3-2 at home, in the second half [it was] 11 players against 10, but we had three or four chances and they did not have any."
Noting also that City had beaten their neighbours home and away in the league, he added: "We worked very hard. We deserved to win this."
And he says that, even when City fell eight points behind leaders United with just six games remaining, from which point on he repeatedly insisted in public that the title race was over, he never entirely lost hope.

Yadda yadda yaddda.... 950,000,000 fucking quid.....

SOOO.... It made me think that we need to stop being so damn communist, level playing field, fair's fair, in it together SHITE. We need to wise the fuck up a bit, before we lose focus. Still we are a bigger pull than the other clubs in the country along with Man U, yet we are competing against teams who are leaving us behind in their financially doped wake because of some quaint reluctance to actually cash in on our heritage and keep the playing field nice and level.... SHITE.... the playing is not level and never has been fucking level.

The league already has two teams in it financially doped out of the box and they are not going away, I do not want us to continue to be a feeder club to Chelsea nor have to watch City sweep up the good players that Man U dont get in future.... Isn't anybody else tempted for us to take the fucking gloves off and fight back while we still ....Does anybody see this financial fair play thing actually working

Financial fair play won't be enforced.

I think we need to do something that's against my nature to say. I think we need to play pragmatically, grinding out results if necessary. Whatever it takes to get fourth place.

Financially we simply cannot afford four years out of it.

And so do we just sit around Sunny and watch it.... im not sure we should ignore whatever advantages we still retain, 950,000,000 quid is unassailable as we are.

I don't know mate. We need to do better commercially and part of that means a new stadium but you cannot compete with clubs whose owners are prepared to throw money away at.

I don't know mate. We need to do better commercially and part of that means a new stadium but you cannot compete with clubs whose owners are prepared to throw money away at.

I know... but we are whether we like it or not, I dont know either, i genuinely can see the arguments for sharing foreign revenues equally etc but at the same time it just upsets me that in effect a team which bought the league should then look to emulate two other teams who have in effect made themselves untouchable in their own league.... right now we actually do have a legion of fans abroad and could cash in but we dont and Im just thinking that ... fuck it... 950,000,000! all bets are off surely, we HAVE to do something.

Increase Anfield to 70,000, slap a roof on it and call it The Vodafone Dome...BRAP !

It just further destroys the competition though, there'd be 5/6 teams taking most of the cash, personally I'd like to see the cash split down the leagues more evenly to encourage more competition.

It just further destroys the competition though, there'd be 5/6 teams taking most of the cash, personally I'd like to see the cash split down the leagues more evenly to encourage more competition.

So would I but it isnt like that is it.... I just dont see if the game is so obviously about big bucks why we should be reticent about being a big draw globally.

what point are you trying to make. it's gone completely over my head how exactly we are to cash in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom