• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Doh! What a nut

Status
Not open for further replies.

DHSC

Well-Known
Manchester United goalkeeper David de Gea has found himself in a sticky situation after being warned for allegedly eating a Krispy Kreme doughnut at a local shop without paying for it.

De Gea, who joined United this summer from Atletico Madrid, earns around £70,000-a-week but apparently decided that he wasn't willing to shell out £1.19 for the sugary treat and ate it in store, before attempting to leave.

The Spaniard was tackled by security staff, who showed him CCTV footage of the incident in the store's "stop and search" room.

A source said: "They [De Gea and his two friends] weren't very subtle. They swaggered in chatting loudly in Spanish. The security guards who monitor the CCTV watched two of them take a doughnut each out of the Krispy Kreme cabinet. Incredibly, they then appeared to try to leave without paying - or buying anything else for that matter."

De Gea avoided a jam as he was given a warning and police were not called to the scene. On Thursday night a Tesco spokesman said: "A customer was spoken to by our security team and the issue was resolved."

[quote author=Richey link=topic=47047.msg1406771#msg1406771 date=1317380040]
They are a bit steep though. They're only small.
[/quote]

true. i always want to buy that big box of them bit fuck that off for seven quid. nah.

poor fella, he cant even catch a break nevermind a football

they do overcharge for those little tasty bastards though

All charges have been dropped, as were several loaves of bread, some eggs and two cartons of milk.

The old ones are the good ones

[quote author=Skullflower link=topic=47047.msg1406772#msg1406772 date=1317380149]
[quote author=Richey link=topic=47047.msg1406771#msg1406771 date=1317380040]
They are a bit steep though. They're only small.
[/quote]

true. i always want to buy that big box of them bit fuck that off for seven quid. nah.
[/quote]

I remember years ago they opened a Krispy Kreme store near where I live. Back then whenever a red light was on in the store you could go in and get a free donut. I think they stopped that after a while.

I did buy one of those big boxes once. My girlfriend at the time asked me to get one to take down to her parents, who we were visiting. I bought it, we took it down and all they did was moan that I had chosen the wrong ones, not that they even offered me the ones they apparently didn't like. That experience not only put me off those greedy ingrates but, to an extent, Krispy Kreme donuts in general.

[quote author=DHSC link=topic=47047.msg1406769#msg1406769 date=1317379763]
Manchester United goalkeeper David de Gea has found himself in a sticky situation after being warned for allegedly eating a Krispy Kreme doughnut at a local shop without paying for it.

De Gea, who joined United this summer from Atletico Madrid, earns around £70,000-a-week but apparently decided that he wasn't willing to shell out £1.19 for the sugary treat and ate it in store, before attempting to leave.

The Spaniard was tackled by security staff, who showed him CCTV footage of the incident in the store's "stop and search" room.

A source said: "They [De Gea and his two friends] weren't very subtle. They swaggered in chatting loudly in Spanish. The security guards who monitor the CCTV watched two of them take a doughnut each out of the Krispy Kreme cabinet. Incredibly, they then appeared to try to leave without paying - or buying anything else for that matter."

[size=12pt]De Gea avoided a jam[/size] as he was given a warning and police were not called to the scene. On Thursday night a Tesco spokesman said: "A customer was spoken to by our security team and the issue was resolved."
[/quote]

Very punny.

anyone willing to pay £1.19 for a fucking piece of trash like a Krispy Kreme donut is a credulous idiot imo. you can buy infintely more delicious packs of 5 Tesco donuts for like 60p or something. american food is pretty universally terrible, and no shiny brand name is going to tell me different. no sir!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom