• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Domestic Season recap ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeTallecWiz

Doos
Honorary Member
From the premier league season, pick your Liverpool...

Performance of the season?
Player of the season?
Young player of the season?
Loanee of the Season?
Goal of the season?
Surprise of the season?
Moment of the season?
Opposition performance of the season?
Liverpool's best 11?
As we lost the league by one point - 1 key moment for you that could swung it our way?

Performance of the season? 5-1 v arsenal
Player of the season? VVD
Young player of the season? ATA
Loanee of the Season? Wilson
Goal of the season? Salah v chavs @ Anfield
Surprise of the season? Losing only the one game
Moment of the season? Injury time winner v Everton
Opposition performance of the season? Palace @ home they didn’t give up.
Liverpool's best 11? The team v Barcelona but Divock for Firmino
As we lost the league by one point - 1 key moment for you that could swung it our way ? Kompany should of passed & not shot :(

^ Hard to disagree any of that but I'd go with Studge's equaliser against Chelsea for goal of the season

Best 11: Alisson, Trent, Robertson, Virgil, Matip, Fabinho, Wijnaldum, Henderson, Salah, Mane, Firmino

Performance of the season? I'm going to go with the win against Watford at Anfield
Player of the season? VvD
Young player of the season? TAA
Loanee of the Season? I'm going to go with Grujic. Wilson has been great, but Grujic is doing it on a higher level.
Goal of the season? Hmmmm Salah vs Chelsea was quite a hit.
Surprise of the season? Gomez, and then Matip, becoming players were thought they could be.
Moment of the season? Sunday Night, and he scored against the shite ... Divock Origi.
Opposition performance of the season? Man City A. They really came to play, and though I feel calls went our way, they were fantastic.
Liverpool's best 11? Alisson, TAA, Robbo, VvD, Matip, Fabinho, Gini, Hendo, Salah, Mane, Bobby (Special mention to Gomez, who was really good until injury)
As we lost the league by one point - 1 key moment for you that could swung it our way? Kompany should have been sent off for that tackle on Mo Salah ... A red there and we likely draw/win and the title is ours.

Performance of the season? 4-0 Barca
Goal of the season? Salah vs Chavs
Surprise of the season? Our unreal level of consistency.
Moment of the season? CL Semis
Opposition performance of the season? Palace the awkward cunts.
Liverpool's best 11? Alisson, Robbo, VVD, Matip, TAA, Fabs, Gini, Attacking Hendo, Mane, Firmino, Salah.
As we lost the league by one point - 1 key moment for you that could swung it our way? Beating any one of Leicester, West Ham, United or the bitters. Those 4 draws is where we lost the league imo.

Performance of the season? Home v Utd
Young player of the season? Trent
Loanee of the Season? Grujic
Goal of the season? Sturridge v Chelsea
Surprise of the season? How good Fabs is
Moment of the season? Pickford
Opposition performance of the season? Citeh @ Anfield
Liverpool's best 11? Same as everyone's. :) Funny how right at the end, our best 11 emerged.
As we lost the league by one point - 1 key moment for you that could swung it our way? Aguero's goal.

Performance of the season? Barca (H)
Player of the season? VvD
Goal of the season? Mane's turn and chip against Bayern. I can't believe everyone is going for boring long range efforts.
Surprise of the season? Dunno.
Moment of the season? Origi vs Everton.
Opposition performance of the season? Probably Palace or some shit like that. Fuck giving it to City for parking the bus at ours or getting a close win at theirs.
Liverpool's best 11? The usual.
As we lost the league by one point - 1 key moment for you that could swung it our way? A chance we missed in either West Ham / Leciester. Win either of those games and City would've given up.

Performance of the season? 2-0 Vs Chelsea at home. Huge pressure, huge performance.
Player of the season? Virgil. A colossus.
Young player of the season? Trent.
Loanee of the Season? No idea. I've read that Grujic had a great year...
Goal of the season? Loved Bobby's 2nd V Arsenal at home. But few were as beautiful as Mo's V Chelsea.
Surprise of the season? Matip's recent huge improvement.
Moment of the season? Gotta be the Origi winner V everton.
Opposition performance of the season? Palace should deffo have gotten something at Anfield.
Liverpool's best 11? Usual back 5 and front 3... In midfield, Fabs, Hendo & Gini.
As we lost the league by one point - 1 key moment for you that could swung it our way? Kompany not getting sent off for that two-footer on Salah in January, Or those two sloopy, needless fouls in the Leicester and West Ham games that led directly to the two equalizers.

Performance of the season? Chelsea at home
Loanee of the Season? Gruijic
Goal of the season? Salah v chelsea
Surprise of the season? Gomez before injury or Keita for generally bring poor.
Moment of the season? Origi goal v Everton
Opposition performance of the season? Palace
Liverpool's best 11?

Alisson
TAA
Gomez
VVD
Robertson
Fabinho
Henderson
Gini
Mane
Firmino
Salah

As we lost the league by one point - 1 key moment for you that could swung it our way? Not beating Leicester after Newcastle beating city. So soon after we had lost to city too.

5-1 vs Arsenal - we tore them apart

Player of the season?
Big Virg

Young player of the season?
TAA

Loanee of the Season?
Wilson

Goal of the season?
Salah vs Chelsea

Surprise of the season?
Still being in with a chance to win it on the last game

Moment of the season?
When Divock scored against Newcastle. I can't explain why. But it felt so good.

Opposition performance of the season?
We haven't been outplayed by anyone so this is a tough one. I'm going to give it to West Ham. They made us look close to Average in that draw

Liverpool's best 11?
Same as others
Alisson, TAA, Matip, VVD, Robbo, Fabinho, Gini, Attacking Hendo, Mane, Firmino, Salah

As we lost the league by one point - 1 key moment for you that could swung it our way?
If the ref had the bottle to correctly show Kompany a red card. VAR will hopefully not allow a similar situation in the future. There was no debate about it.

Performance of the season? Burnley away hands down. 1-0 down at a tough ground into the second half. Recover to win 3-1 and we all start to believe a little more.
Player of the season? Neck and neck between Mane and VVD. VVD shades it, just.
Goal of the season? Origi vs Everton
Surprise of the season? Points total
Moment of the season? The 80 seconds where I thought we might actually win the it
Opposition performance of the season? City away
Liverpool's best 11?
Ryan will love this
Becker
TAA
Gomez
VVD
Robertson
Fabhino
Gini
Milner
Mane
Salah
Firmino

As we lost the league by one point - 1 key moment for you that could swung it our way? Hmm for us it was not going after the 3 pts at OT, for City it was Kompanys 1 in 100 shot

Last edited:

So tough to choose. Chelsea home probably, last big game of the season at home against top opposition, and we were mentally strong.
Player of the season? VVD, with Alisson and Mane in reserve.
Young player of the season? Has to be Trent
Goal of the season? Salah v Chelsea
Surprise of the season? Matip. Has really stepped up and will give Gomez competition
Moment of the season? Late winner against Spurs (and secondly the bitters)
Opposition performance of the season? I suppose it is the Mancs at the Emptyhad. We played really well, and they had luck, but they did everything they could to win.
Liverpool's best 11? midfield of Gini, Fabs and Hendo. The rest picks itself (Gomez for Matip if fully fit).
Kompany sending off against us; 11mm. Lovren completely losing Aguero. All in that game.

Last edited:
Performance of the season? 5-1 Arsenal
Young player of the season? Trent
Goal of the season? Firmino vs Arsenal
Surprise of the season? Origi vs Everton
Moment of the season? Salah belter vs Chelsea. At this stage I think a lot were resigned to not winning the league but we needed Mo back in top form and he did it in style
Opposition performance of the season? I think Everton in both legs were our toughest opponent (over performing in both)
Liverpool's best 11? Alisson, TAA, Robbo, Gomez, VVD, Fabinho, Gini, Keita, Mane, Mo, Bobby
As we lost the league by one point - 1 key moment for you that could swung it our way? Shovelling the snow/ice in the box rather than in the area between halfway line and the box in second half vs. leicester.

Lot of good reasonings and good memories here. Just read also that fullback TAA has this season produced more assists than attacker Jesse Lindgard has done in his Whole career…. Assume same for Robinson then. However none of them has as cool snap-clap-hug celebration as Lindgard ;)

Amending my Goal Of The Season shout to Gini's beautiful lob Vs Bournmouth.

How did I forget that work of art?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom