• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Dumb question - LFC players from the British Isles

Modo

A contentious scando
Has LFC ever fielded a team with players from all countries in the British Isles represented?

Wales, Irland, N.Ireland, Scotland and England?

There was a possibility of that happening against Southampton in FA cup if Robbo played.

Koumas (Welsh although born in England)
Kelleher
Bradley
Quansah, McCollum etc.

Doubt it. Northern Ireland is the weak link.
Incidentally, apparently his special lady friend was on stage with The Pleasure Boys in Belfast a few weeks ago (I'll let you look that up yourself, prepare to see big old cocks) and he kicked her out of the house. Very insecure stuff.
Hahaha

I was going to say that it would have been back in Jom Magilton’s day - but he never made it on to the pitch.

He was on the bench in the 1990 Charity Shield when Gillespie, Houghton, Whelan, Staunton, Rush & a pile of Englishmen played.

Actually - Staunton & Gillespie were on the bench too.

I was going to say that it would have been back in Jom Magilton’s day - but he never made it on to the pitch.

He was on the bench in the 1990 Charity Shield when Gillespie, Houghton, Whelan, Staunton, Rush & a pile of Englishmen played.

Actually - Staunton & Gillespie were on the bench too.
In that case it was replicated in the league cup final because Koumas was on the bench.

Elisha Scott was Northern Irish I think, he played for us for ages back in the inter-war years. There's probably a reasonable chance it happened then, but god knows how you'd find out.

Elisha Scott was Northern Irish I think, he played for us for ages back in the inter-war years. There's probably a reasonable chance it happened then, but god knows how you'd find out.
I was thinking more recent but yeah could be.

Actually… here you go.

2021 - Liam Hughes - though, he didn’t play, sat on the bench with Nico Williams, while Robbo and the likes of Curtis, Trent, etc played.

No Southerners though - probably for the best.

He was a goalkeeper… or is.. plays in Finland or something now.

I vaguely recall us signing him from Celtic.

Fun Trivia fact for the Norn Iron Folk of a certain age - Jim Platt, he of understudy to the great Pat Jennings in the national team of the 70’s & 80’s, once played for Liverpool in a trail match - we didn’t sign him.

Anyway - for those of you that care - ie no-one - here’s a list of Norn Irish Reds

Back
Top Bottom