• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Dybala

Status
Not open for further replies.
Assuming England make the final the West Ham game is 4 weeks after, wouldn't be surprised to not see TAA, Henderson and possibly Lovren depending on how much time off they are given has to be at least 2 weeks if not 3. Feel it is therefore more likely to see Clyne, Milner/Lallana/Wijnaldum and maybe Gomez central.
Matip will be back, won't he? He'll be CB. I agree, Hendo and Lovren might be nursed back in. I think AA should be fine. He only started playing every week in the second half of the season. He'll be fine.

Matip will be back, won't he? He'll be CB. I agree, Hendo and Lovren might be nursed back in. I think AA should be fine. He only started playing every wek in the second half of the season. He'll be fine.

Watching poor old Henderson playing for England worries me that he might need taking to a glue factory, rather than having an extended rest.

That fucker never stops running, and the formation Southgate plays with him as a "pivot" quite often just means him as "the only fucking central midfielder on the pitch"

Watching poor old Henderson playing for England worries me that he might need taking to a glue factory, rather than having an extended rest.

That fucker never stops running, and the formation Southgate plays with him as a "pivot" quite often just means him as "the only fucking central midfielder on the pitch"

Yes, it has been ridiculous how much ground he has been covering. There will certainly be a price to pay. And of course, it will be Liverpool fc who get to pay that price. Fuck you England, again.

Why are people in this thread acting like the signings of Fabinho and Keita aren't a massive deal? That first eleven is massively improved from their presence alone.

Why are people in this thread acting like the signings of Fabinho and Keita aren't a massive deal? That first eleven is massively improved from their presence alone.
Indeed, but considering second half of the season the first xi was pretty fucking good, I'd still like to see more depth.

We're still weak for backups in defence and attack

Yes, it has been ridiculous how much ground he has been covering. There will certainly be a price to pay. And of course, it will be Liverpool fc who get to pay that price. Fuck you England, again.

I don't know why Dele Alli and Lingard aren't giving him more help when he's clearly outnumbered and overloaded, they have free roles and unlike the two wing-backs, aren't stuck out wide. Plus they are supposed to be midfield players (albeit more attacking).

He gets more help from fucking Harry Kane than those two.

I don't know why Dele Alli and Lingard aren't giving him more help when he's clearly outnumbered and overloaded, they have free roles and unlike the two wing-backs, aren't stuck out wide. Plus they are supposed to be midfield players (albeit more attacking).

He gets more help from fucking Harry Kane than those two.
Because neither of them are clever enough

They're just waiting for ball to feet and that's it

Yeah, but we need a top-rate goalkeeper, a CB, a striker and another attacking midfielder/ winger.

And we have none of those things yet.

As long as we don't buy a replacement for karius then it will be a shitty transfer window.

No, I agree. That's a fantastic step in the right direction. But it is not having adequate replacements for Salah, Firmino and Mane that really had us stretched last season, or alternatively a Cuntyo type replacement. So that's ace and everything, but we really need more depth, and for that depth to be as near as damnit to the quality of our best players.

Yeah, but we need a top-rate goalkeeper, a CB, a striker and another attacking midfielder/ winger.

And we have none of those things yet.
Of course, but people are acting like we've regressed in this thread, when actually we've massively improved.

No, I agree. That's a fantastic step in the right direction. But it is not having adequate replacements for Salah, Firmino and Mane that really had us stretched last season, or alternatively a Cuntyo type replacement. So that's ace and everything, but we really need more depth, and for that depth to be as near as damnit to the quality of our best players.
Our biggest weakness last year was the lack of depth in midfield, we've addressed that in spectacular fashion. The defence I can live with if we sign a top quality goalkeeper, which unfortunately is looking likely. I still think we'll sign Fekir and or Shaqiri which should see us through up top.

Our biggest weakness last year was the lack of depth in midfield, we've addressed that in spectacular fashion. The defence I can live with if we sign a top quality goalkeeper, which unfortunately is looking likely. I still think we'll sign Fekir and or Shaqiri which should see us through up top.

Right. So our midfield was creaking sure, but we were only ever an injury to Salah or Mane or Bobby from being toothless up front. As the CL final demonstrated, when we were mainly fucking shite without Salah.

Right. So our midfield was creaking sure, but we were only ever an injury to Salah or Mane or Bobby from being toothless up front. As the CL final demonstrated, when we were mainly fucking shite without Salah.

Yeah, injury to him or Mane = fucked

It's fair to say that the worst case didn't occur for the front three like it did the midfield, but I remember having to reinvent Wjinaldum as a DM and play three at the back to cope, so in my mind that was the number one position to address.

I have a feeling that our starting XI against West Ham will be:

--------------------Karius---------------

TAA----Lovren----------Virgil--------Robertson

----Henderson-----Fabinho---------Keita

Salah---------Firmino----------------Mane

Bench: Milner, Lallana, Shaquiri, Wijnaldum, Gomez, Ward

Possibility that one of Fabinho or Keita might not start, depending on pre-season performance/ fitness, but otherwise I think that's going to be about it.

And maybe Henderson's WC exploits may mean extra rest?

Let's not pretend we're going to see an amazing £50m plus signing in goal, or £90m striker.

We were never going to spend £90m on a striker to sit on the bench.

I hope to see a 'keeper and a attacking midfielder. Also a wide forward would be good. An injury to one of the front three and we're snookered as it stands.

We won't buy a new number one. Anyone thinking otherwise needs to readjust their expectations. Even if klopp really wants one he will not be held to ransom like clubs are trying to so he'll wait as long as he has to get the value from the cash.

Whether we like it or not that's almost guaranteed from him & our owners.

I'm 99% sure we'll get a backup for the front three/Coutinho replacement. I doubt it'll be an uber expensive one, so it's whether our transfer team & Klopp can carry their brilliant record of signing top tier forwards for mid tier prices that will decide what that looks like.

We won't buy a new number one. Anyone thinking otherwise needs to readjust their expectations. Even if klopp really wants one he will not be held to ransom like clubs are trying to so he'll wait as long as he has to get the value from the cash.

Whether we like it or not that's almost guaranteed from him & our owners.

I'm 99% sure we'll get a backup for the front three/Coutinho replacement. I doubt it'll be an uber expensive one, so it's whether our transfer team & Klopp can carry their brilliant record of signing top tier forwards for mid tier prices that will decide what that looks like.
I'm still expecting fekir for 60m

Maybe Brandt if we're lucky

Joyce is saying Wilson is going to sign a new contract and go on loan

We've made one signing so far this summer and that was to replace a player the manager clearly didn't want to see leave.

We still have a Coutinho shaped hole in our team and have absolutely nothing in reserve up front.

It's not all gloom and doom by any stretch of the imagination but the idea that we're a hop, skip and a jump away from a great season off the back of massive improvement already made strikes me as being slightly fanciful.

Joyce is saying Wilson is going to sign a new contract and go on loan

I'll be disappointed if that's the case. He has excellent attributes to play understudy to Salah or Mane. I'd keep him around. I have a feeling that given their exertions last season on top of a WC (in which Salah was injured) Salah and Mane will need to be carefully managed. Hopefully Wilson does enough preseason to inveigle his way into Klopp's plans.

I'll be disappointed if that's the case. He has excellent attributes to play understudy to Salah or Mane. I'd keep him around. I have a feeling that given their exertions last season on top of a WC (in which Salah was injured) Salah and Mane will need to be carefully managed. Hopefully Wilson does enough preseason to inveigle his way into Klopp's plans.

I don't know how good Wilson is, but certainly it would appear that he does need some luck with injury/ suspension (bad luck for someone else) so that he gets a proper chance in the team.

Just like Robertson and TAA last season, who took advantage of injuries to Moreno, Gomez/ Clyne to stake a claim.

I don't know how good Wilson is, but certainly it would appear that he does need some luck with injury/ suspension (bad luck for someone else) so that he gets a proper chance in the team.

Just like Robertson and TAA last season, who took advantage of injuries to Moreno, Gomez/ Clyne to stake a claim.

It may be that we are going to do the loan thing the other way round this season. Rather than loaning players out in the second half of the season (when the squad inevitably becomes depleted through injury) he's going to loan players in the Autumn, and get them back hungry and hopefully played into form in the second half of the season. That would make too much sense though.

Assuming England make the final the West Ham game is 4 weeks after, wouldn't be surprised to not see TAA, Henderson and possibly Lovren depending on how much time off they are given has to be at least 2 weeks if not 3. Feel it is therefore more likely to see Clyne, Milner/Lallana/Wijnaldum and maybe Gomez central.
Even if they don't make the final, they will be in the 3rd/4th playoff on Saturday, so they wont get back any earlier. I don't expect TAA, Henderson or Lovren to feature for the first 2-3 games, and Fekir one or two matches after that

Our squad is still paper thin up top and seriously lacking a decent goalie. We desperately need some more quality in our squad before the season starts otherwise it will just be the same old shit leading to disappointment again.

If Wilson goes on loan again thats the end of his career here. I'd happily let Woodburn go on loan and keep Wilson.

It does seem that yoof may be given a chance, which again I welcome more than some.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom