• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Eljero Elia

Status
Not open for further replies.

redhorizon2

Very Active
This story has been reproduced from today's media. It does not necessarily represent the position of Liverpool Football Club.
talksport_500.jpg
Liverpool have been put on red alert after Juventus winger Eljero Elia revealed he is ready to join another club in the next few weeks.
Elia, 25, managed to win the Serie A title during his first season at Juventus, but he only made four league appearances and is now looking to get his career back on track.
Liverpool have been strongly linked with a move for the Dutch forward who would relish the chance to showcase his talents in the Premier League.

Elia just missed out on a place in the Holland squad for Euro 2012 and is now hoping to finalise his long-term future in the next few weeks after confirming he will leave the Italian giants.
Elia, speaking on Dutch TV channel Eredivisie Live, said: "I'll leave Juventus. I've already agreed with Juventus that I will be joining another club.
"I just have the desire to start enjoying football again and my agent is evaluating all offers."
Source: TalkSport

He is much more a natural talent than Babel. But he's really not lived up to that potential. Had an absolutely woeful season at Juve. Played some 4 games in all. Conte didn't have much time for him at all.

I disagree. He's got all the tools/attributes but no brains. Babel Mk II.
That may be so, but he's a much more talented footballer. Elia is terrific on the ball, and a great dribbler. Babel was decent technically, but had little on-the-ball skills.

He is/was a good dribbler Buddha. And I say was as he's been shit for 2 years now. I think it's more an application/attitude problem rather than ability, which I believe he has in spades. Anyway, it's moot, I don't want him.

I wanted him about 3-4 years ago. He looked really really promising.

Shame (for him) that his career has gone nowhere since he left Twente.

Straight swap with Acquilani please.

Lets face it Elia scored and created the same amount in the League for us last year as Stewie Downing, despite never havinmg played for us... so it's not as if he'd be worse than what we have already.

Straight swap with Acquilani please.

Lets face it Elia scored and created the same amount in the League for us last year as Stewie Downing, despite never havinmg played for us... so it's not as if he'd be worse than what we have already.

I really don't think that's the strategy we should be employing mate. Being better than some of our current options is by no means a compliment in some cases.

Can't we take him on loan for a year with a view to sign him for £8m at the end of his loan, then at the end of next summer go back to Juve and say, nah, we'll give you £3m!

Not good enough. Simple as that really.

But of course it's only natural for Liverpool to be conned by Juve as usual ... first loaning them Aquilani who did good ... in return ... Poulsen .... next up Elia? Krasic?

HOPE NOT.

Sam Allardyce was spotted meeting with Juventus directors today, suggesting West Ham want to sign Eljero Elia and Milos Krasic.

The Hammers manager was caught on camera by Sky Sport Italia today shaking hands and discussing matters with Juve director Fabio Paratici.

It is reported they discussed the future of want-away wingers Krasic and Elia, who struggled to get playing time in the Scudetto-winning campaign.

Krasic is a Serbian international who had a strong start to his Serie A career before injuries and a change in tactics took their toll.

Elia is a 25-year-old Dutch international who was signed last summer from Hamburger SV. Despite putting pen to paper on a four-year contract, he handed in a transfer request this week due to lack of playing time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom