• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Elliot

He was total shit today. Don't shoot the messenger.
Disagree. He was affected by the chants somewhat and many things didn’t come off - but even so he was tying our game together compared to the disjointed displays of the past week. Stick with him and he will improve.

He was total shit today. Don't shoot the messenger.
360_F_179670503_d8kd0sXNZDYfWciCucg9IxD6mK3LiwWC.jpg

That free kick didn't help but I think Elliott had an OK game.
Enough to guarantee him another start?
Over Macca/Szobo?
Not sure.

That free kick didn't help but I think Elliott had an OK game.
Enough to guarantee him another start?
Over Macca/Szobo?
Not sure.
Did you hear Trent's explanation though? They'd studied Fulham at free kicks and the wall always jumps ... this time it didnt. If it had and Harvey's shot went under the wall , he'd be called a genius - they didnt have a man lying down behind the wall

Last edited:
Did you hear Trent's explanation though? They'd studied Fulham at free kicks and the wall always jumps ... this time it didnt so much. If it had and Harvey's shot went under the wall , he'd be called a genius
No I didn't hear it, but I suspected it.
I can't find a replay, but I don't think he hit it with enough power.

At least it was inventive. 90% of the time we usually miss, or punt it in to our players who can't head a ball, attacking wise.

For me, the right sided mid, Solely based on current energy, Elliott starts ahead of everyone.

Based on form, Macca is ahead of him only

Based on potential? Szob and macca, just.

Elliott was good but frustrating yesterday. Would say Jones is a better option than Elliott but that means Macca on the right. In terms of link up play with Trent, who is kinda running the team at this moment it feels like, I'd keep Harvey in for that reason alone

Over Macca? Nope. The other 8s? Yep
Currently :

1. Macca
Endo
Jones
Gravy
Elliott
6. Szobo

He doesn't start. And 100% Klopp won't start him which is why he played 90 mins yesterday and Macca, Endo, Jones and Szobo didn't.

Currently :

1. Macca
Endo
Jones
Gravy
Elliott
6. Szobo

He doesn't start. And 100% Klopp won't start him which is why he played 90 mins yesterday and Macca, Endo, Jones and Szobo didn't.

I don't think that's a fair list.

RCM: szob, Macca, Elliot
LCM: Macca, Jones, grav
DM: endo, Macca

Macca and endo start, down to 1) being the only 6 and 2) versatility and good.

Elliott is competing with szob mainly, as Macca will be in the xi somewhere.

Based on form, it's still Elliott for me. It just depends where klopp wants Macca to be

I don't think that's a fair list.

RCM: szob, Macca, Elliot
LCM: Macca, Jones, grav
DM: endo, Macca

Macca and endo start, down to 1) being the only 6 and 2) versatility and good.

Elliott is competing with szob mainly, as Macca will be in the xi somewhere.

Based on form, it's still Elliott for me. It just depends where klopp wants Macca to be
It's nothing to do with where they play it's how they perform on the pitch. And, at least for me, it's clear that Elliott shouldn't be starting. I don't care how much energy the has, he can't tackle, he's slow, he gives the ball away far too much and he rarely puts in an 8/10 or better game (only one this season if we use the highly subjective Who Scored's ratings (though I assume they have a formula based on pass completion, tackles whatever) where he's usually in the 6's on average).

So it's Endo, Jones and Macca all day for me. If Szobo regains his form then obviously it's Endo-Macca-Szobo. Gravy is improving and if he continues (with a good preseason) Elliott will need to do likewise to stay ahead of him.
However he's still young so hopefully he continues to improve, as he's done this season, he's intelligent, energetic, technically decent and creative but he's still got a long way to go to translate that into consistent on the pitch, effective, performances (again, he's young so ...) .

None of them (bar Macca) have given consistent effective performances though? Least not this half of the season.

And if course it matters where they play

None of them (bar Macca) have given consistent effective performances though? Least not this half of the season.

And if course it matters where they play
I didn't make myself clear - in assessing an order top to bottom of how well our midfielders are performing (IMO), where they are performing is not relevant, that's team selection criteria not a performance one.

Endo has once he settled in and bar (like Macca) when recently fatigued. He looked far better vs Fulham.

I didn't make myself clear - in assessing an order top to bottom of how well our midfielders are performing (IMO), where they are performing is not relevant, that's team selection criteria not a performance one.

Endo has once he settled in and bar (like Macca) when recently fatigued. He looked far better vs Fulham.

Think it's just a disagreement over the standings of our current midfielders. Macca and endo, absolutely nailed on starters. I think Elliott's recent performances have been slightly above szobs recent ones, and both are ahead of Jones mainly due to match fitness. Gravy (goal aside) is still not doing nearly enough

I've no doubt next year it will be Macca and szob, possibly with a new DM. For now though, I've no qualms with szob and Elliott rotating 60/30 per game

Was that palace? I’m trying to get both games out of my head.

Yeah me too. Palace, you were right. I threw me glasses across the room and let out out some "questions". I couldn't believe it. Anyway, 5 wins from winning the league still IMHO :)

Back
Top Bottom