• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Emery - undervalued?

More or less sums it up for me.

I think most fans would prefer a punt on someone who's a bit inexperienced but seems to have potential to be great than a safe bet on a decent but less than stellar candidate. I tend to feel the same.
I can understand that from fans but not from our owners. I think he might be an 'up there' candidate for them.

Emery with Chambers in midfield against City. He can get to fuck being on any shortlist for us.

Reactions: dee
I think Emery would be a terrific fit with us. He's repeatedly won trophies and most of that time has done so punching well above his weight. This talk about Emery as a 'safe' or 'steady Eddie' type completely undervalues what he has achieved in the game. Villa were well beaten last night, but they totally dominated City at Villa park in a manner that has rarely been seen in recent years and the 1-0 Villa win that night flattered City massively. His Arsenal days, as has been said, was buying a losing ticket, but we should remember that his team did have an incredible run that season and were leading at points before the wheels completely fell off. I think he is an excellent tactician and his teams often play great footy. I think Emery would be as good a replacement that is out there.

Back
Top Bottom