• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

England vs Italy : Euro 2020 Final. 20.00 BST London

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm in Donegal this weekend. Brought the pizza oven. Pizza day will be Sunday, despite my yearning for an English win.
Oh. I'm just about to head up to Donegal myself, Maghery outside Dungloe. Where are you?

Interesting discussion between these two on key players : not everyone likes them (Gab Marcotti and Julien Laurens) and although they can come up with, shall we say, 'weird' opinions now and again, in general they are insightful, honest and sometimes contrary. Subjects are noted in the timeline so you can skip anything not of interest.

One point made is that Laurens would play Hendo for Rice. Which, I stated in the opening post, I agree with.

Hendo will need to be on the pitch just in case England win, otherwise how will Kane know what to do. Has he ever had to lift a winng trophy?

I'm guessing you guys are looking at those English fans the way I look at Swedish fans.

Disappointingly, as I thought he might, Southgate lost his nerve and gone to 5 at the back & so we've lost Saka / Sancho in attack. The first time in this tournament he's started with 5 in defence. He's bottled it already and left us playing on the break :

Kieran Trippier will start for England in tonight’s Euro 2020 final with Italy at Wembley, BBC Sport understands.
It had been thought Gareth Southgate would name an unchanged line-up from the semi-final win over Denmark, when Trippier was on the bench.

But the Atletico Madrid man will be in Southgate’s starting line-up as England revert to wing-backs and a back three as they look to become European Champions for the first time.

England XI: Pickford, Trippier, Walker, Stones, Maguire, Shaw, Rice, Phillips, Sterling, Mount, Kane.

Remembering the last time England scored early in a game and wondering if they can keep it up for 90 mins...

Italy look shite tbf

Credit Brendan and him playing Sterling sometimes at wingback and full back, he knows how and when to defend. Kane is fucking quality, he'd be peefect for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom