• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Euro 12 Fantasy Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dirkus_Circus

Well-Known
I've created a group on espnsoccernet for us SCM'ers, the group is called "Six Crazy Minutes" and the password is "brendan".

http://games.espn.go.com/euro-manager/en/frontpage

Here are the rules:

"Our fantasy league game is back for the European Championships, making sure you can avoid the cold turkey of the summer before the Premier League comes back around again.

We've come up with a slightly different game for the Euros, with the matches coming thick and fast, as all 31 matches are played in little over three weeks. Rather than working on a squad basis and having to keep within a budget, we're giving you a free rein to pick whoever you want.

You must submit one 11-man team for each round of games in the group stage within a 4-4-2 formation. This is the same for everyone, you won't be able to opt for three strikers or five defenders; it's a level playing field. Every nation will play three games in the group stage in rotation, starting on June 8, and you submit a team for each one of the three rounds.

You then have the chance to submit a new team for the quarterfinals, and another for a combined semifinals and final round of fixtures.

The successful managers are unlikely to fill their squads with Xavi, Andres Iniesta, Wesley Sneijder, Cristiano Ronaldo, Franck Ribery and Andrea Pirlo. Remember that some of these teams will be playing against each other, and in particular Group B is a group of death, so it's going to be tough to pick out the top performers.

Group A should produce some unexpected fantasy stars, but can you afford to gamble on a player such as Borussia Dortmund's prolific Robert Lewandowski from co-hosts Poland when you only have two striker slots available? Or will that prove to be a masterstroke?

Points are awarded as usual for goals, assists and clean sheets, just as they are in the Premier League game, so make sure you're signed up and have challenged your friends and colleagues to find out who can pick out the star talent in Ukraine and Poland this summer."

Should be fun, good luck lads!!

More on the scoring:

c. Rounds. The Promotion will be broken down in to five (5) "Rounds":
  • Round 1: Group Stage 1 (June 8-10)
  • Round 2: Group Stage 2 (June 12-14)
  • Round 3: Group Stage 3 (June 16-18)
  • Round 4: Quarter-finals (June 21-24)
  • Round 5: Semi-finals + Final (June 27-July 1)
d. Scoring. The Promotion scoring system is as follows:
    • Match Played = 1 point
    • Play 60 Minutes = 2 points
    • Defender/Goalkeeper Goal = 8 points
    • Midfielder Goal = 6 points
    • Forward Goal = 4 points
    • Assist = 3 points
    • Defender/Goalkeeper Clean Sheet* = 3 points
    • Midfielder Clean Sheet = 1 point
    • Saves = 1 point per 3 saves
    • Penalty Save = 5 points
    • Penalty Shot Miss = -3 points
    • Goals Conceded by Goalkeeper/Defender = -1 point per 2 goals
    • Yellow Card** = -1 point
    • Red Card** = -3 points
    • Own Goal = -2 points
*- A player must play a minimum of 60 minutes to qualify for a clean sheet, while the team must keep a full clean sheet for the entire match.
**- If two yellow cards lead to a red card, then only the red card is counted (-3 points).
e. Locktime. There will be a total of five (5) locking periods during this game. Each roster slot will lock at the scheduled kickoff of each individual player's first match during the Round. Entrants must make sure their round picks are submitted by this lock-time. Selections submitted after the lock-time are considered invalid, and no points will be awarded. Entries will unlock the day following last match of each period with the exception of the Semi-finals, when entries remained locked through the Final. Sponsor's computer is the official time keeping device for this Promotion.
f. Ties. Should a tie exist between two (2) or more eligible Entrants for a prize, the winner will be determined based on the tiebreakers below. In all cases, an entry that does not win a tiebreaker is eliminated from consideration.
  • Tiebreaker 1 - Highest number of points in Round 5 (Semi-finals + Final).
  • Tiebreaker 2 - Highest number of points in Round 4 (Quarter-finals).
  • Tiebreaker 3 - Highest number of points in Round 3 (Group Stage 3).
  • Tiebreaker 4 - Highest number of points in Round 2 (Group Stage 2).
  • Tiebreaker 5 - Highest number of points in Round 1 (Group Stage 1).
  • Tiebreaker 6 - The Entrant whose date of entry creation was recorded in the system the earliest.

Ive joined. Its a nice idea btw. Very VERY level playing field.

I *think* I've done mine. Can somebody who knows what they are doing confirm this? Dirkus?
I used the scientific method of reading names out to my Dog and a short bark meant 'in'

I *think* I've done mine. Can somebody who knows what they are doing confirm this? Dirkus?

Looks like you haven't selected a group yet. Go to My Groups and enter Six Crazy Minutes in the search box. Join with Carroll as the password.

I am in. Planning to field a team of purely reds and ex reds. I guess the combination of Reina, Voronin, Kelly and Poulsson will take me straight to the top of the table!!!

Good news: Lewandowski and Shirokov scored for my team today
Bad news: Szchezny got sent off and gave me -2. Didn't expect this one o_O

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom