• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Euro 2028 IRL & UK

Status
Not open for further replies.

localny

Well-Known
It looks like a joint hosting of the Euro 2028 tournament for the UK and Ireland.

Ireland has never hosted a tournament before - exciting stuff.
https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/so...as-hosts-for-the-2028-european-championships/

69744001-11964563-image-a-41_1681301720099.jpg

Yay! Didn't think I'd see us actually make it to another major tournament again before I shuffle off this mortal coil.

I'm heading out to put $50 on us to finish (appropriately enough) Paddy Last, without scoring a single goal.

Yay! Didn't think I'd see us actually make it to another major tournament again before I shuffle off this mortal coil.

I'm heading out to put $50 on us to finish (appropriately enough) Paddy Last, without scoring a single goal.

I'm not sure we actually qualify automagically.

There's no way five home teams are automatically getting in for a bye. Maybe save that $50.

I think every team in Europe gets an invite now. They'd all qualify anyway. Get the fifty quid back out.

Should be a joint Australia, New Zealand & Indonesia bid in there for ‘34 - although I don’t think they’re including NZ.

It'll be better than the 2030 one..

6 countries.. 3 continents.

What a mess.
Not quite as bad as it sounds. First three games in South America to celebrate 100 years, the rest of the tournament is in Spain, Portugal and Morocco

Yeah, it's pretty reasonable actually.

Some sweltering temperatures in the interior stadiums though. Fez, Marrakesh, Sevilla, Murcia, Madrid, Zaragosa? God knows what it'll be like in 7 years, but hotter, anyway. Those places are already too hot for football in July. I guess they'll do night games.

El Molinon in Gijon somehow got some games? Fuck yeah.

The cynics are saying FIFA are doing 6 countries so they can pivot back to the Middle East quickly and give the Saudi’s their wishes

The cynics are saying FIFA are doing 6 countries so they can pivot back to the Middle East quickly and give the Saudi’s their wishes

Yep, and you dont have to be cynic to say that. The Saudis threw their hat into the ring yesterday for the 2034 WC. They're getting it, no doubt.

Yep, and you dont have to be cynic to say that. The Saudis threw their hat into the ring yesterday for the 2034 WC. They're getting it, no doubt.

It’s also suggests the Saudi’s won’t be pulling back on their investment in their League anytime soon.

Does that mean that England, rep Ireland and N.Ireland are qualified?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom