• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Euro QF - France v Spain

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cheese eating surrender monkeys living up to their reputation here.

Where's bunnyman when you wanna taunt someone?

Delighted with the result but it makes me sad to see three of our ex players playing for the world and european champions

The French cant score when they haven't got the ball. That is the whole purpose of tiki-taka, they can't punish you when they ain't got it. Which is totally the opposite of the English mentality of getting it forward into dangerous areas quickly, and more often than not surrendering possession. That is why the Brits think it might be boring, it is something we have never really seen. I love it. We should get used to it as LFC fans, it is the way we will be playing for the foreseeable future.

did roy evans invent tikitaka ? Passing it around 700 times before even getting out of your own half .

Jamie Carragher on Xabi Alonso: "It sickens me to see him in the red of Spain and not the red of Liverpool."

Me too Jamie, me too.

I know the media have made the French sound like they are completely useless today, but there was a period in the game where they were passing it around Spain, and really getting into them and breaking up their play. There is a weakness to this tikki taka (or whatever shit you call it), if the passes are predictable and within a specific confined space then I am sure like the French worked out today, you can intercept those little shitty passes. Lets not forget that Chelsea managed to win the European Cup this season by overcoming Barca, what the French lacked today was any decent strikers, the only person that showed any aggression was Ribery. Also, its not like we have not seen great passing football before is it ? remember Brazil 70, Holland 74, 78, Brazil 82, France 86 ? its always existed so I have no idea why people think its so fucking magical now. I remember that final in the CL in which Arsenal played which they sadly lost 2-1 (I think), had they not had a player sent of so early in the game they could have gone onto win that game because Arsenal were playing some magical shit in the previous two seasons, remember the first 20 minutes that Arsenal played against us in the CL at Anfield - we could not even touch the ball but we still won that game.

Its no surpise that Italy did well against Spain, their players come from a league that has teams playing various styles, the only other league that has that level of variety is England so I hope England can do over all those fuckers that are left.

Interesting to see ronaldo against the barca/real players in the semi, and how Portugal approach the game. Being toothless and intimidated doesn't work like the French proved. I'd like to see Portugal go for them

So the lesson of this match is that Spain considers a pure striker is not necessary to win a game. Looks like a German v Spain final to me. Portugal is too dependent on CR7 and I have yet to see England or Italy perform as a team.

So the lesson of this match is that Spain considers a pure striker is not necessary to win a game. Looks like a German v Spain final to me. Portugal is too dependent on CR7 and I have yet to see England or Italy perform as a team.

England or Italy haven't performed as a team? You serious?

Ok they performed as a team defensively. The question is can they break down or beat a good team like Spain or Germany?

England was scared of France which Spain swiped aside.
Italy just inconsistent.

So was it?

It was interesting technically. I actually enjoyed it. The thing is, mistake riven games make for really exciting matches. Both teams were set out very well, and the French midfield and backline stuck to its defensive task well for the most part.

It is also the case that if one side is very adept at this tiki-taka malarkey, it makes for a fairly dull affair.

Why did Rafa do it Modo? Why!?!?

The way I see it, Rafa blundered into it. By his standards, Alonso had a poor season in 2007/08, not helped by injuries. Instead of being supportive, Rafa started sniffing around after Gareth Barry. I think Alonso was deeply offended that Rafa was willing to discard him so casually, and it was then that, as a proud Spaniard, he made up his mind to go somewhere he would be more appreciated.

Rafa botched his attempt to sign Barry, and Alonso therefore stayed for another season, 2008/09. I think it's a great credit to the player that it was his best-ever season for Liverpool at a time when he could have just wound down before leaving for Real Madrid.

The way I see it, Rafa blundered into it. By his standards, Alonso had a poor season in 2007/08, not helped by injuries. Instead of being supportive, Rafa started sniffing around after Gareth Barry. I think Alonso was deeply offended that Rafa was willing to discard him so casually, and it was then that, as a proud Spaniard, he made up his mind to go somewhere he would be more appreciated.

Rafa botched his attempt to sign Barry, and Alonso therefore stayed for another season, 2008/09. I think it's a great credit to the player that it was his best-ever season for Liverpool at a time when he could have just wound down before leaving for Real Madrid.

Real Madrid wouldn't have come in for him if he had wound down. They came in for him because he'd just had his best ever season. No-one wanted him when Rafa was touting him to all-comers for 14m, remember.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom