• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Euro QF Germany vs Greece

Status
Not open for further replies.
A lot of the Greeks are really familiar with the German league and players, and they'll be set up pretty sensibly to frustrate them, so it wouldn't surprise me if they managed it. I hope they don't because they bore me senseless at the best of times.

If Greece beat Germany they can say bye bye to any more Euro bail out loans

real dilema

Most likely I'm going to be watching this out somewhere, so for my own safety I will be cheering on the Greeks.

Think the Germans will win it though. I reckon some of the Greek players might be too fired up for it and risk a sending off. Plus the Greeks are already missing a few players. Karagounis the goal scorer against the Russians will miss this as will another player whose name escapes me now.

German newspaper Bild is reporting that Mario Gomez, Lukas Podolski and Thomas Muller are all being left out of tonight's quarter-final against Greece. Miroslav Klose, Andre Schurrle and Marco Reus will reportedly replace the rested trio.

German newspaper Bild is reporting that Mario Gomez, Lukas Podolski and Thomas Muller are all being left out of tonight's quarter-final against Greece. Miroslav Klose, Andre Schurrle and Marco Reus will reportedly replace the rested trio.

what-the-fuck-is-this-shit-mario.jpg

Wenger:

Germany will win this game because they have too much offensive potential - a goal can come from everywhere.

I think that Lukas Podolski works very well for the team - he does a fantastic team job. He played a little bit cautiously against Denmark but he scored a great goal for his 100th cap. I am very happy with what I have seen from him.

Greece are a surprise: they already deserve a gold medal to be where they are because they have done exceptionally well. I fear that Germany will be too strong for them.

Germany can still improve defensively because now the level goes up and you are punished for every mistake. I agree completely with Joachim Loew when he said "they have matured" but they are also less fresh in their approach. They play with more pressure on their shoulders.

They were surprising in South Africa because they played completely spontaneous football. Now, they play a bit more with the handbrake, more controlled because they have more pressure.

They play like a real team: you can feel there is a unity there and that improves their game. They have played a bit less crazy and a bit more controlled than they did in South Africa. They will be dangerous; they will be the team that along with Spain are the favourites to win this tournament.

For Greece, 2004 was special because they won the tournament. It will be a historic achievement for them forever but for me, a country like Greece being in the quarter-finals is already above expectations.

If you look at them in the last 20 games, they haven't lost many. You don't expect a lot from Greece but they surprise you, they showed absolutely fantastic resilience against Russia in the second half. They were tired and they refused to give in - this is a massive quality in this tournament that I respect highly.

Greece will play without Giorgos Karagounis. He didn't only fail to get the penalty in the last game against Russia, but on top of that he got a yellow card for diving. Because of the yellow card he cannot play against Germany and I think that is absolutely not justified.

I can understand that the referee can make this decision because it is difficult to decide in a fraction of second, but when you could use the video evidence as well after the game, why punish a player if he did nothing wrong? He should be allowed to play.

Appaz: Germany XI vs. Greece: Neuer - Boateng, Hummels, Badstuber, Lahm - Khedira, Schweinsteiger - Reus, Özil, Schürrle - Klose

Appaz: Germany XI vs. Greece: Neuer - Boateng, Hummels, Badstuber, Lahm - Khedira, Schweinsteiger - Reus, Özil, Schürrle - Klose

Confirmed. Three of the Germany's front four are new.

Greece XI: Sifakis, Torosidis, Papadopoulos, Sokratis, Tzavellas, Makos, Maniatis, Katsouranis, Ninis, Salpingidis, Samaras.

Kommt Deutschland, hämmern diese stinkende Tzatziki atmete Griechen zurück in den Hades und schieben Sie die Elgin Marbles ihre haarigen Reifen.

Kommt Deutschland, hämmern diese stinkende Tzatziki atmete Griechen zurück in den Hades und schieben Sie die Elgin Marbles ihre haarigen Reifen.
Come on Germany, hammer these stinky tzatziki breathing? Greeks back to Hades and shove the Elgin Marbles in their hairy( whats Reifen?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom