• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Euro Qualifiers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryan

The Prophet
Ireland Scotland boring the arse off the world.
N. Ireland zip zip away to Romania at half-time.
Gibraltar are in fact a real football team, and not a mythical place from LOTR.
Helder Postiga is still Portugal's striker. That is simply remarkable.

Given the number of English players who've played for the Republic over the years, there's a certain poetic justice in seeing them beaten by an Irishman playing for Scotland. ;)

Hmmm no update on the England game. Can't say I'm overly surprised given how poor they have been. Still before 'Strictly' comes on I've been watching. The LFC lads have done well. Sterling and Lallana have anyway. Hendo has carried on with his poor form and managed to score a lovely own goal. Beautiful looping header straight over Harts flailing hands. Sterling set up Englands 2nd. 3-1 to England with a few minutes to go.

Its a very impressive goal.

Lets start him upfront and ask him to defend the other teams goal if Sturridge isn't ready yet. Better then Balo.

England's equaliser came, luckily, when Rooney made it clear he wasn't going to pass no matter how many teammates were in a better position. I think their defender tripped him up out of boredom.

Wayne Rooney's a bit like Elizabeth II. She's obviously going to hang around long enough to break all the records, but no-one's under any illusions that she's a really world class monarch.

Wayne Rooney's a bit like Elizabeth II. She's obviously going to hang around long enough to break all the records, but no-one's under any illusions that she's a really world class monarch.
Or actually does anything worthwhile

As a republican, I find that harsh on Queenie. The comparison with Rooney, that is.

I've just noticed that there is more of this shit on Tuesday night. I'm clearly missing the obvious here and I apologise for that, but could someone explain to me why our players are playing 'warm up' or 'preparation' friendlies 3 days AFTER the competitive internationals? Is it to make sure they don't come back injury free?

In fairness to Lizzy she is doing her best to stop that dipshit Charles from getting the gig.

I thought Wayne "went down very easy" but nobody dared to discuss it! :D

He clipped his own heels on purpose and dived. That cunt Townsend didn't even mention it even though it was shown about three times whilst he was bleating on about the defender.

I've just noticed that there is more of this shit on Tuesday night. I'm clearly missing the obvious here and I apologise for that, but could someone explain to me why our players are playing 'warm up' or 'preparation' friendlies 3 days AFTER the competitive internationals? Is it to make sure they don't come back injury free?

It's called a 'warm down' match.

It's madness! I hope Raheem says he is tired and sits it out. At least Stugs is at home, all wrapped up, safe & warm.

That's my point, roadred. What I posted was the reason Hodgson gave the first time the Studge joined England with an injury and Hodgson made him play in a practice match.

I agree, I remember it. Putting a young man in a position of representing his country or being careful with an injury is of course going to end up with an injured player(Stugs) and is the opposite of what manager should do. Raheem showed caution and got torn apart in the media for it. The next competitive International isn't until March, 90 mins of English & Scottish players hacking at each other on Tuesday in the middle of the CL group stages can't help anyone.

It gets worse. Hodgson subsequently admitted that all that happened with Raheem was that Gary Neville asked him how he was feeling and Raheem just answered that he felt a bit of tiredness in his legs, and the media unfairly whipped Hodgson's subsequent statement up into a storm. Of course the clueless old coot added that he didn't think he'd done anything wrong.

To think that waster was once the manager of Liverpool Football Club....

It gets worse. Hodgson subsequently admitted that all that happened with Raheem was that Gary Neville asked him how he was feeling and Raheem just answered that he felt a bit of tiredness in his legs, and the media unfairly whipped Hodgson's subsequent statement up into a storm. Of course the clueless old coot added that he didn't think he'd done anything wrong.

To think that waster was once the manager of Liverpool Football Club....

Yes. And then Hodgson went and repeated, in his most recent press conference, the suggestion that Sterling had said he didn't want to play. And then that idiot manc Clive Tiddley repeated the claim during his commentary last night. It's a pity Neville doesn't have the honesty to come out and clarify the matter.

I'd actually be interested to know Neville's private views on Hodgson. Self-serving Manc gargoyle though he certainly is, he's not a fool.

Predictably contrary on Sky today - they're praising Welbeck for his first goal, standing still on the edge of the area while the action went from right to left to centre, only moving when the ball rebounds straight out to him. 'He was watching and thinking! It was as if he'd created a stealth shield to hide behind!' Imagine if they were describing Mario: 'Look at that, he's just standing there - he's a spectator! - and when the ball finally comes out to him - luckily - he can't even hit it properly! He scuffs it!! What a lucky, lucky goal!'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom