• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Everton Record Loss(Again)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Usamov, Moshri's billionaire lizard friend, has just ploughed in 30m for the naming rights to a stadium that probably won't ever be built. This points to Everton being in a very precarious position in my opinion. They're now apparently paying towards 90% (according to some reports, but at least 80%) of the club's income on player's wages. They've spent an absolute fortune, and need to sell to buy to avoid being in breach of FFP. They currently owe Moshri 350m in interest free loans, but this guy is surely going to get fed up of the poison there, especially when FFP means there will be no quick fix to their problems.

I don't think directors and shareholders loan can negate the FFP rules, if they could Man City and PSG would never have been in trouble. Their owners can easily dished out loans after loans to the club.

I don't think directors and shareholders loan can negate the FFP rules, if they could Man City and PSG would never have been in trouble. Their owners can easily dished out loans after loans to the club.
Not 100% sure on the ins and outs of domestic FFP rules but UEFA’s rules are more strict. Man City and PSG are obviously subject to the UEFA rules (and there are some limited get outs for covering losses with equity injections) but Everton, not competing in Europe, are not subject to those rules. It’s possible UEFA would impose sanctions on Everton or even exclude them from European competition if they qualified (which they’re obviously not going to do this year).

God, they've pissed away some money. Tosun was what 25 million? 34 million on Iwobe. 50 million on Siggurdson. 30 million on Pickford. All started when they let Koeman buy about 4 number 10s.

Not 100% sure on the ins and outs of domestic FFP rules but UEFA’s rules are more strict. Man City and PSG are obviously subject to the UEFA rules (and there are some limited get outs for covering losses with equity injections) but Everton, not competing in Europe, are not subject to those rules. It’s possible UEFA would impose sanctions on Everton or even exclude them from European competition if they qualified (which they’re obviously not going to do this year).
I do think the PL has a form of FFP which works against total losses. With consecutive losses like that and without the promise of European money that must begin to look unsustainable. I can only imagine the 30m from Usamov is to keep them under some threshold for punishment.

Usamov, Moshri's billionaire lizard friend, has just ploughed in 30m for the naming rights to a stadium that probably won't ever be built. This points to Everton being in a very precarious position in my opinion. They're now apparently paying towards 90% (according to some reports, but at least 80%) of the club's income on player's wages. They've spent an absolute fortune, and need to sell to buy to avoid being in breach of FFP. They currently owe Moshri 350m in interest free loans, but this guy is surely going to get fed up of the poison there, especially when FFP means there will be no quick fix to their problems.

Why sell, a PL club is basically an asset that keeps appreciating in value every year

Why sell, a PL club is basically an asset that keeps appreciating in value every year
That would be just fine if you were just sitting there watching it appreciate in value. But that isn't the case, Moshri has thrown in the best part of half a billon quid into Everton in interest free loans attempting to make them a top tier side. He's now getting his pals to throw money down the toilet too.

There were some rumours that Usamov was going to buy part of, or all of the club solving there immediate FFP issues.

They can go up and down in value depending on wage/ transfer fees, over all debt levels, crowd attendance and TV/ competition revenues.

Just ask Arsenal.

Yeah he sold a minority stake for over half a billion when Kroenke took over. If he's involved then they'll be ok. This deal shows that it's part of a long term plan, albeit one that has started terribly.

No news here, Everton record losses most weeks

This weekend sees the ultimate shite off, Everton Vs West Ham in a battle to see who has recorded most loses since football began in 1992.

They are both tied on 375.

The Ev can sleep easy though as they already have the record number of goals conceded and unless there’s a 42 goal swing they’ll keep that record for at least another week.

Last edited:
God, they've pissed away some money. Tosun was what 25 million? 34 million on Iwobe. 50 million on Siggurdson. 30 million on Pickford. All started when they let Koeman buy about 4 number 10s.

25m on Gbamin who played like 1 game and has been out injured since.
30m on Keane
Going back a few years, remember Bolasie? He cost 30m, Walcott 20m.

25m on Gbamin who played like 1 game and has been out injured since.
30m on Keane
Going back a few years, remember Bolasie? He cost 30m, Walcott 20m.

I think they're still paying some of his £75K wages too, despite being on his third loan club in 18 months

haha

QPR were fined for 60m for the same thing, and they tried to use shareholders loan to cover and was told it is against the rules. So I would assume the Prem League would do the same.

QPR were fined for 60m for the same thing, and they tried to use shareholders loan to cover and was told it is against the rules. So I would assume the Prem League would do the same.
Hence why the 30m isn't a shareholder loan...

There's always a way around it, sadly.

Hence why the 30m isn't a shareholder loan...

There's always a way around it, sadly.
Moshiri’s “loans” have been classed as equity, not debt in the accounts, so they’re probably arguing they’re not covering losses with debt.
CPR’s fine was under Football League (Championship) rules, not Premier League, so it’s a different regime.
The Premier League’s rules are more “soft touch” and the league doesn’t impose immediate fines or sanctions, rather clubs are placed into monitoring processes. Provided they can show they won’t go bust (and Moshiri’s loans would probably satisfy this) then they’d be OK.
I think the £30m fee will be designed to prop up the current year results to prevent Everton being dragged into a more restrictive level of monitoring.

The blueshite are proud they sell out for every home game, I'm not sure how many of them know, that the average ticket price is £14.75
If they do move ground then their going to be even more dispondant when the amount they have to pay to get in doubles or tripled

EORhj5NWAAAMmoO

EORhj6mX4AAtnz-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom