• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Everton v Liverpool - Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, unless you have the MRI scans infront of you - its a bit early ro give up..

Either way, for what ever period Virgil is out we now have two CBs made of biscuits and tape starting for the unforseeable future. Not good.

Yeh if he’s out for a while then the league is gone. Especially with Becker out for a while

Alisson out for a while, Virgil out for a while... 5 points dropped already. We're doomed.

Here's the tweet from ESPN again.

I don't know how tweets work, but this is the relevant part:

Had it confirmed that the VAR, David Coote, did NOT check for a red card. Appears he was too concerned with the offside. #EVELIV

O yeah. I wasn't doubting you, but why bother checking the offside then - there hadn't been a goal, and if they weren't checking the foul they can't have been checking it to see if there should be a penalty

Thiago played on and looked okay. Now Klopp says he might be injured. Sturridge would be forgiven for looking at Alisson and Thiago and wondering if they know what real pain is. Who knows.

I'm so angry with Everton. This happens time and time again. They almost wrecked Origi's career - he was flying until they crocked him. Over and over again - the fact it's a derby is irrelevant, no team should get so much licence to play in that cynical and reckless way. There's never any uproar. They'd have to practically kill one of our players to get any kind of censure. It was a disgraceful performance from them today, really awful, and yet they probably won't get more than the odd 'tut-tut' in the papers tomorrow. Their fans are fucking psychos and their players are just thugs.

O yeah. I wasn't doubting you, but why bother checking the offside then - there hadn't been a goal, and if they weren't checking the foul they can't have been checking it to see if there should be a penalty
I think that's it.. they were checking the offside to see if there was a penalty.

When it was offside their decision tree ended there. Rather than looking for is it a red card and NOT a penalty.

Thick fucks.. should never be near VAR again.

Aye , var follows some fucking retarded progressive system , it's offside , fine but it's still a red for Pickford.

Game changer that , being a man and 2 up in the Derby in such a short amount of time

We were robbed today . The blue shite were full of theatrics , cheating and cunty challenges and we were denied by some terrible officiating

We had a 2v1 overload on the left late in the game and referree pulled it back for a freekick as though there was no advantage to us , the mane yellow and several other baffling decisions along with the var offside madness, how can a referees judgement be overruled with a goal and offside decision but not with a penalty decision etc etc

I'd prefer if we went back to pre var football , k thx

Apparently the var freeze frame used wasn't actually the moment the ball was played by thiago anyway?

That's fucking incredible if so

I've torn my ACL three times, and each time I walked off. The second and third time (which was the snapping of my first reconstructed ACL), in attempt to convince myself I had not done my ACL, I even did some plyometric exercises. I imagine his quads were doing a lot of work stabilising his knee in that moment.

I know, some can walk off and others don't. The main issue is his foot is planted and force is going backwards, possibly with some rotation. I'll.be amazed if he hasn't done something.

Absolutely and i would even go further and say the spirit of the rule was always to favour strikers in case of a little doubt.
Mane is on the same line. period.
The whole point of offside is to negate any advantage gained by the attacker. Mane actually has his back to goal - no-one in their right mind would decide he is gaining an advantage there.

What is frustrating is that the VAR management have had months (Covid closure) to sort this out and implement rules that everyone can understand and accept.

1. Hands & Arms can't be considered offside.
2. The frame rate MUST be considered. Mane could be on-side one frame earlier.
3. Is the attacking player gaining an unfair advantage
4. In a tight decision advantage should be given to the attacking player, as used to be stated in their offside rules (not sure if it's still there, it was a few seasons ago).

Four simple considerations that almost everyone could accept. Yes #3 & #4 are a little subjective but then so are many other decisions in football. As has been said, this adherence to the mm is contrary to the spirit of the game.

Yep, the whole thing is a utter shambles and needs shelving

John Barnes got it right, though. VAR didn't get anything wrong. It just showed something. The people who used it aren't supposed to use it at all except if they think a 'clear and obvious' error has been made. There wasn't a clear and obvious error. It was a goal. You may as well shelve the linesman's flag because the linesman put it up when it shouldn't have gone up. It's the boneheads who are in charge of VAR who need changing.

The ref missed or ignored Pickford's challenge. THAT is when VAR should come in. And it wasn't used. It's just appalling mismanagement.

A couple of problems here.

1) Mane is closer to the camera, therefore looks like his shoulder is further forward the the foot of Mina.

2) The drawing of the lines are still relatively subjective.

3) When they drew the line appears to be subjective and wrong too. It looked at least 1 or 2 frames too late. The ball had already left Thiago's foot.
I can understand and agree completely when there is a furore concerning mm or part of the body. I can't understand it when people doubt a computer drawn line calling it subjective ;)

Anyone have a pic of Mane's position at the time of Thiago's pass ?

I can understand and agree completely when there is a furore concerning mm or part of the body. I can't understand it when people doubt a computer drawn line calling it subjective ;)

Anyone have a pic of Mane's position at the time of Thiago's pass ?
c8f5f9e190b8698d27c429df6a46b092.jpg

Observations.. minas foot. Keane's arse.. both correctly lined.

Mane's elbow? Last I checked you can't score with an elbow. Have they changed that rule to any part of the body?

It's about time they just went full NFL.

Any VAR decision. The ref goes too to look at the monitor "Under the hood".

None of this hold the finger to the ear bollocks.

Have full transparency and the ref being able to justify the decision rather than shrug their slopey shoulders.

I think this sums up VAR.

[article]This perhaps is the biggest issue with VAR: it pedantically adjudicates on issues all but imperceptible to the human eye and yet ignores offences as blatant as Pickford’s. It’s like a parking attendant dishing out a ticket for staying two minutes too long or being an inch outside the space while ignoring the thief putting a crowbar through the windscreen.
[/article]

They can add this one too.. why is the line on the everton player not correctly drawn? If it was VVD would have been on side

82af079b332095daecfc7e7561e5b8d5.jpg

Just out of interest. Can Pickford be given a retrospective red? He wasn't even carded right?

Not that I care - To honest it's probably better that he keeps playing for them.

I'm fucking apocalyptic right now. Poor VVD. As someone said earlier the league will likely be shut down again soon enough so he can rest up properly. What a cunt Pickford is though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom