• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Fabinho leaving?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rhian Brewster is my favourite one. Looking forward to him lighting up the Prem after scoring a grand total of 1 Championship goal last season

He is a bit of a weird one to me.
Seemed to be quite a talented center forward, but perhaps the kind of forward that needs a partner to play off.
Like the classic no. 10, is the classic no. 9 goalscorers also assigned to the scrap yard?

Yes, but he was left with an impossible task.
Too many holes to cover.

I know this has been done before… but fuck it!!!

The sooner we get Lavia to cover over the holes the better - although It’ll be a bit too much of a stretch for Lavia to cover round the back. You wouldn’t want Lavia overstretched and left flapping about!!!

Reactions: dee
Hahahahahah yes you are Fabs!!!!

The irony here is it was the British media that were feeding the BS story the hold up was due to the unclarity behind what breed of dogs were/weren't allowed.

Silly wankers.

He is a bit of a weird one to me.
Seemed to be quite a talented center forward, but perhaps the kind of forward that needs a partner to play off.
Like the classic no. 10, is the classic no. 9 goalscorers also assigned to the scrap yard?

Nah I think he's just shit

So was the problem last year Fabs or the "too many holes to fill".... or just exhausted.

I think this is a good deal as the old Fabs is gone... but we've been on a magical winning run for a few months if you look at results. Undefeated since City in Feb was it?

I can't remember. Had his form returned since Feb?

Anyway, feels like a good deal.

We had a lot of problems from August-Feb last year.

-It all started in the summer when we failed to address the issue in midfield, which left us panicking which left us with some dud by the name of Melo.
-We lost a key part of our success the 4-5 seasons prior in Sadio.
-Diaz and Jota were both out for 5-6 months including the incredibly busy Christmas/NY schedule.
-Hendo & Fab's legs completely gone.....unable to track back. Was like playing with 9 men. The balance was all wrong which again was neglect on the clubs part. (Waiting on Jude blah blah blah)
-The above meant Trent was badly badly exposed, he was easily got at and until Feb when he was moved (he had to be moved) looked like he didn't wanna be there and made little to no effort in defending.
-Sorry to say but Harvey Elliott also had a shocking season, we need to address his position because he's clearly not someone that can play in a midfield 3.

Fab found a little form towards the end yes but the main 2 reasons we went on that unbeaten run was Klopp deciding he'd finally seen enough of Trent getting exposed at RB and Jones coming back in the side to add composure and some structure to our play.

We had a lot of problems from August-Feb last year.

-It all started in the summer when we failed to address the issue in midfield, which left us panicking which left us with some dud by the name of Melo.
-We lost a key part of our success the 4-5 seasons prior in Sadio.
-Diaz and Jota were both out for 5-6 months including the incredibly busy Christmas/NY schedule.
-Hendo & Fab's legs completely gone.....unable to track back. Was like playing with 9 men. The balance was all wrong which again was neglect on the clubs part. (Waiting on Jude blah blah blah)
-The above meant Trent was badly badly exposed, he was easily got at and until Feb when he was moved (he had to be moved) looked like he didn't wanna be there and made little to no effort in defending.
-Sorry to say but Harvey Elliott also had a shocking season, we need to address his position because he's clearly not someone that can play in a midfield 3.

Fab found a little form towards the end yes but the main 2 reasons we went on that unbeaten run was Klopp deciding he'd finally seen enough of Trent getting exposed at RB and Jones coming back in the side to add composure and some structure to our play.

Your analysis is only partly right and you’re missing one of the key elements.

We improved when we moved Nunez out left (and ultimately to the bench) with Gakpo operating as a False 9 and Jota then getting into a bit of form post injury - he was arguably our biggest injury loss last season.

Before you get all distraught, that’s not to say Nunez is shit (@momoWASboss can do that), it’s to say that between Nunez coming in and being raw, Mane leaving, Trent starting to come inside more, Salah staying out wide more, injuries in midfield, etc, etc our forward press died in the arse.

The press is different to tracking back - we also got better when Curtis came back in and he was primarily tasked with pressing and creating width.

It was at least as much a systemic problem as a personnel problem. This season we can throw integration into the mix as well, with the hope that a full preseason lessens the systemic issue.

Your analysis is only partly right and you’re missing one of the key elements.

We improved when we moved Nunez out left (and ultimately to the bench) with Gakpo operating as a False 9 and Jota then getting into a bit of form post injury - he was arguably our biggest injury loss last season.

Before you get all distraught, that’s not to say Nunez is shit (@momoWASboss can do that), it’s to say that between Nunez coming in and being raw, Mane leaving, Trent starting to come inside more, Salah staying out wide more, injuries in midfield, etc, etc our forward press died in the arse.

The press is different to tracking back - we also got better when Curtis came back in and he was primarily tasked with pressing and creating width.

It was at least as much a systemic problem as a personnel problem. This season we can throw integration into the mix as well, with the hope that a full preseason lessens the systemic issue.

Nunez and Mo were running the show, without them we'd have been where Everton finished.

The personnel problems in effect caused the system to break down, the midfield is the most important battle on a football pitch.....we had 3 in there (Fab/Hendo/Harvey) who could not contest a single challenge between them. They were getting bypassed at will (mainly because Hendo and Harvey were in no mans land far far too high up the pitch and Fab left exposed with the back 4)......you can have a back 4 of Cafu Nesta Maldini and Abidal back there, if you give the opponent so much space and time to operate, you will get punished.

Nunez and Mo were running the show, without them we'd have been where Everton finished.

The personnel problems in effect caused the system to break down, the midfield is the most important battle on a football pitch.....we had 3 in there (Fab/Hendo/Harvey) who could not contest a single challenge between them. They were getting bypassed at will (mainly because Hendo and Harvey were in no mans land far far too high up the pitch and Fab left exposed with the back 4)......you can have a back 4 of Cafu Nesta Maldini and Abidal back there, if you give the opponent so much space and time to operate, you will get punished.

That’s all pretty much nonsense.

Nunez and Mo weren’t running the show - Mo scored more League goals and created more in the second half of the season, not the first.

Again - the evidence is right there - the midfield in the run in was consistently Fabs, Hendo & Curtis - so the only difference there is Curtis for Harvey.

The whole point of the forward press is havibg your midfielders high up the pitch - it doesn’t work if they sit deep because there’s not enough people pressing, so it’s easy to play through. They were high up the pitch in the second half of the season and once we got the system right, it worked.

The clue is in the title - “High Press” - CB’s up near the half way line, DM midway in their half and midfielders pushing up around their box - that’s how it’s supposed to work in Klopp’s system.

If that pressing intensity drops off - which it did last season - then teams have time to ping a ball into space out wide, pulling the CBs out of position and creating gaps between them and/or playing through into central midfield where poor Fabs is suddenly left covering far to much space.

Teams generally play a low block against us - the counter to that is surely more creative players and width in the attacking 3rd - not having your midfield sit deep.

It does leave us exposed to the counter - which again is why the forward press has to work.

That’s all pretty much nonsense.

Nunez and Mo weren’t running the show - Mo scored more League goals and created more in the second half of the season, not the first.

Again - the evidence is right there - the midfield in the run in was consistently Fabs, Hendo & Curtis - so the only difference there is Curtis for Harvey.

The whole point of the forward press is havibg your midfielders high up the pitch - it doesn’t work if they sit deep because there’s not enough people pressing, so it’s easy to play through. They were high up the pitch in the second half of the season and once we got the system right, it worked.

The clue is in the title - “High Press” - CB’s up near the half way line, DM midway in their half and midfielders pushing up around their box - that’s how it’s supposed to work in Klopp’s system.

If that pressing intensity drops off - which it did last season - then teams have time to ping a ball into space out wide, pulling the CBs out of position and creating gaps between them and/or playing through into central midfield where poor Fabs is suddenly left covering far to much space.

Teams generally play a low block against us - the counter to that is surely more creative players and width in the attacking 3rd - not having your midfield sit deep.

It does leave us exposed to the counter - which again is why the forward press has to work.

What part of that is nonsense? We had to stick an extra body (Trent) in midfield + bring in a player (Jones) who was the only 1 capable of putting in any tackles. Exonerating Fab (& I love the guy) and Hendo for their failures is laughable tbh.

Sounds to me like you're putting the entire blame on Nunez not being the first, middle and last pointing call of the press.

If we were to look back and evaluate the games, there were many instances I could point out where Nunez does press high but because the fucking zombies behind him were so lifeless they couldn't keep up with the "DM midway in their half" which played a domino effect with the CB's in why they couldn't get up to the half way line. Why is this proving to be so difficult to grasp? Also you can't be on the "high press" for the full 90 of a game, you have to pick and choose the right moments.

You can have any forward in world football, Suarez, Torres, Prime Bobby, even take the games Bobby played instead of Nunez then between August-Feb. Is he to blame as well? You can have any forward in that position instead, if you have a midfield who leave gaping holes vacated around them believe me, you won't win many games.

There's a reason Nunez and Mo are still here and Fab and Hendo are out the door along with the rest of the midfield.

Last edited:
I’m too tired to go through why I turned on the shitness that Mo and Nunez served up last season. Especially in the first half.

I’m too tired to go through why I turned on the shitness that Mo and Nunez served up last season. Especially in the first half.
Yeah so shit it produced 45 goals and 20 assists between them....to which you cheered every one of them.

Not quite Stevie and Torres or Sturridge and Suarez great but not fucking far off.

Where are Nunez and Mo now? Yep. At the Liverpool training camp in Singapore readying for Bayern tomorrow.

Where are the likes of Milner? Hendo? Fab? Naby the crock? That waste of space Ox?

Exactly. The trash from last season has been taken out.

Why are you bringing up those three?

Mo and Nunez were part of the problem.

What part of that is nonsense? We had to stick an extra body (Trent) in midfield + bring in a player (Jones) who was the only 1 capable of putting in any tackles. Exonerating Fab (& I love the guy) and Hendo for their failures is laughable tbh.

Sounds to me like you're putting the entire blame on Nunez not being the first middle and last pointing call of the press.

If we were to look back and evaluate the games, there were many instances I could point out where Nunez does press high but because the fucking zombies behind him were so lifeless they couldn't keep up with the "DM midway in their half" which played a domino effect with the CB's in why they couldn't get up to the half way line. Why is this proving to be so difficult to grasp? Also you can't be on the "high press" for the full 90 of a game, you have to pick and choose the right moments.

You can have any forward in world football, Suarez, Torres, Prime Bobby, even take the games Bobby played instead of Nunez then between August-Feb. Is he to blame as well? You can have any forward in that position instead, if you have a midfield who leave gaping holes vacates around them believe me, you cannot be successful.

I’ve explicitly said I don’t blame it entirely on Nunez - but he absolutely is a factor - evidenced by the fact we needed to go out and buy another forward in January and then shunted him out left.

There’s no point in Nunez pressing on his own - the team needs to do it as a unit or else it’s pointless. That’s training ground and familiarity with players and the system - some pick it up quickly, some don’t.

You’re trying to make it solely about personnel - it’s not and I’m not exonerating anyone (you are with Nunez) - I’m saying it’s a combination of personnel, system and individual form - if one cog fucks up, for whatever reason, our system starts to unravel and I’d say that’s because of the way Klopp organises things.

evidenced by the fact we needed to go out and buy another forward in January and then shunted him out left.

Did we "need" to go out and buy another forward though? Klopp already answered the reason why we signed him, he specifically said "the value was too good an opportunity to turn down as these players go for 70....80m in todays market"......From 90% of the fans reaction I saw it was "why the fuck are we using the money on Gakpo when we've needed a midfielder for the last 6 months". Ask yourself if we would've signed him if Jota and Diaz weren't both out until March/April & don't forget it was actually Gakpo who came in and started the first 5-6 games on the left.

There’s no point in Nunez pressing on his own

100% agree.

the team needs to do it as a unit or else it’s pointless

Again, I 100% agree.....why do you think we've got rid near enough our entire senior midfielders.....have signed 2 and are looking to add another?

That’s training ground and familiarity with players and the system - some pick it up quickly, some don’t.

Sure, with the exception of the 2 new boys...they've all had the time now to familiarize each others game as well as the system which the manager wants to adopt......let's hope this pre-season is enough time for the Alexi and Szobo to be fully in sync with that system.

You’re trying to make it solely about personnel - it’s not and I’m not exonerating anyone (you are with Nunez) - I’m saying it’s a combination of personnel, system and individual form - if one cog fucks up, for whatever reason, our system starts to unravel and I’d say that’s because of the way Klopp organises things

Not solely about personnel but the personnel you have available dictates the system you wanna play and to what effect, the personnel we had last season wasn't suitable for the high press....whether you like to admit this or not, it just wasn't....anyone of Fabinho's dogs could've seen this.The midfield was simply disjointed, dis coordinated, nonfunctional...going to run out of words to use here soon. You can only play to the strengths of your players but again this stemmed from the club neglecting it's duties in the summer when the signs were clear.

Last edited:
Did we "need" to go out and buy another forward though? Klopp already answered the reason why we signed him, he specifically said "the value was too good an opportunity to turn down as these players go for 70....80m in todays market"......From 90% of the fans reaction I saw it was "why the fuck are we using the money on Gakpo when we've needed a midfielder for the last 6 months". Ask yourself if we would've signed him if Jota and Diaz weren't both out until March/April & don't forget it was actually Gakpo who came in and started the first 5-6 games on the left.

100% agree.

Again, I 100% agree.....why do you think we've got rid near enough our entire senior midfielders.....have signed 2 and are looking to add another?

Sure, with the exception of the 2 new boys...they've all had the time now to familiarize each others game as well as the system which the manager wants to adopt......let's hope this pre-season is enough time for the Alexi and Szobo to be fully in sync with that system.

Not solely about personnel but the personnel you have available dictates the system you wanna play and to what effect, the personnel we had last season wasn't suitable for the high press....whether you like to admit this or not, it just wasn't....anyone of Fabinho's dogs could've seen this.The midfield was simply disjointed, dis coordinated, nonfunctional...going to run out of words to use here soon. You can only play to the strengths of your players but again this stemmed from the club neglecting it's duties in the summer when the signs were clear.

I agree with the last part - but the point is if system was built around a forward line of Mane, Firmino & Mo - then changing it to Diaz, Nunez and Mo and expecting the same results is madness and it won’t work - you’ve got to change other components.

However, dropping in Jota & Gakpo instead of Diaz & Nunez, while keeping the rest the same is more likely to work because they can replicate the roles better.

Pennant says Fabs was a trouble maker...

"Fabinho’s performances over the last two years suggest that either his legs have gone or he doesn’t really want to be there anymore," the 40-year-old wrote for LordPing.co.uk. "Rumour has it that he’s a troublemaker in the changing room, that’s what I’ve heard from people close to the club.

"I’ve heard he’s a bad egg. I don’t know the ins and outs, but I hear he’s a nuisance to management in terms of professionalism. In his performances and in training, he’s not giving his all. You can see it. And his performances suggest he’s on the cliff of his peak."

Pennant was also saying Hendo scores on average a goal a season and with a single assist last week over the last 12yrs.
Penant had a similar background to Dele Ali but he is also thick as pig shite, I wouldn’t listen to him too much.
His next interview will be how he Mo Salah is the egyptian Pennant..

Among all the tributes and reminiscences about Fabinho, I think we have to also acknowledge the simple truth - what happened last season really sullied his reputation and downgraded him from almost legendary status to a player with very high peaks and very low lows, rather than a uniformly excellent one.

He spent 5 seasons at Liverpool and was great for 3.5 of them and crap for 1.5 (his first 6 months and last 12). Despite being one of our senior players he never really grew into a leader off the pitch and remained pretty reclusive by all accounts. Unlike someone like Henderson, you never had a sense Fabinho particularly “got” Liverpool - he would have been exactly the same player had he played elsewhere and the fact he so readily accepted the Saudi “adventure” at age 29 rather than attempt to right the wrongs of last season, to leave with his head held high, kind of confirmed the impression that ultimately he was a bit of a mercenary. A very good one, to be sure. A brilliant cog in the machine. But a Liverpool legend he is not.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom