• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Fabio Borini

Status
Not open for further replies.

ILD

Very Well-Known
He deserves his own thread in fairness.

It was nice to get a look at him this summer after a very quiet debut season with us. A season ravaged due to injury so he deserves a free pass this season before we judge him. He scored two goals in this tournament with one being a smart first touch followed by a tidy finish. Plus his celebration was ace.

Do we still have faith in Borini?

Borini, Hendo, Lucas...who else is on your shit list?

In terms of people who get a game?

Starting in goal. Reina. He's shit
Then at the back Coates. Bollocks. Skrtel. Shite.
Midfield. Lucas is just pathetic. Henderson has improved so maybe he'll be something. He'll have to keep on this trajectory though.
Further forward. Downing is toss. And in attack Borini is slow and shit.

Midfield. Lucas is just pathetic. Henderson has improved so maybe he'll be something. He'll have to keep on this trajectory though.

Meh...at least Agger didnt make your list.

Glen Johnson?

Make or break season for him this year, very difficult to judge based on the stop start nature of last year. At times he was encouraging and at times deeply frustrating.

Pleased to see him back and playing well as another season like last will see him moves on. The signing of aspas should be a concern for him

I like him. His movement is superb as is his awareness. His sharpness and first touch and finishing could do with some work but hopefully that will come with a run of games without injury.

Having said that if we are looking for a game changer in a match he wouldn't be the first player I would hope to see coming off the bench.

So in summary I'm optimistic but he has alot to prove.

Good on you to start the thread Dave! An injury ravaged season coupled with spending the very important developmental years of his career at many different clubs and in many different countries. Not sure if he's a world beater just yet but he definitely seems to have a determined streak in him. He has a hunger about him and I feel like as the forgotten man we'll see a lot more from him next season. Players like Borini and Henderson could well become the future as they seem to have similar attitudes. I think a settled and fit Borini next season may share in the goals, even if becoming the main man is a tad to early for him. I have a massive soft spot for him. Even wi thout Suarez I still think we'll score a shit load of goals next season! :)

Reactions: ILD
In fact, I think we could even give this a try to start the season:

-------- Gerrard ------- Mkhitaryan ---------
------------------ Coutinho --------------------
----------- Sturridge ----- Borini -------------

Borini makes good runs into the box from the left; if there's anyone who can hit him with a pass, it's those guys we have behind him (okay, Coutinho and Gerrard definitely - Mkhi is any unknown for me). Then it's up to him to bulge the correct side of the net.

Dont understand the aggro he's been getting. He was injured much of last season but I think he can contribute much next season.

His touch on the ball is pretty poor. I don't know of many attacking players who're successful at the top with that poor a touch.

Other than that, he's barely shown us anything yet.

I don't know, I'm hopeful there's something there, he reminds me a little bit of Kuyt. His finish against Newcastle was good and then his curl inside that hit the post a couple of games later was equally promising. He's got a big season ahead though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom