• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Fears for the run-in...

Whaddapie

I'm unusually confident about matches that normally scare the water outta me, like the scum and the bitters away and even Spurs at home... I think we'll find a way to overcome all three of those teams.

But I'm quite scared about Fulham away, Villa away, and then, if it matters, Wolves at home. I see us drawing at least one, maybe two of those three matches.

I have us reaching 90 / 92 points.

I also see cheats 115 dropping only 2 more matches, and the arse drawing 3. That would make us champions, ironically, by a single point.

Any matches that you're very worried about coming up?

I'm unusually confident about matches that normally scare the water outta me, like the scum and the bitters away and even Spurs at home... I think we'll find a way to overcome all three of those teams.

But I'm quite scared about Fulham away, Villa away, and then, if it matters, Wolves at home. I see us drawing at least one, maybe two of those three matches.

I also see cheats 115 dropping only 2 more matches, and the arse drawing 3. That would make us champions, ironically, by a single point.

Wolves at home doesn't worry me so much at all. We seem to have played them a tranche of times in the last day of the season (is that a figment of my imagination?) and we manage just fine. Villa away worried me a few months ago when they absolutely ripped Man City a new arse, but they seem to be more jaded now. I hope they stay in the European comp, just so the games keep coming for them. Fulham out of those 3 is probably the most worrying, but Fulham are now in that weird zone where they've nothing to really battle for. They're not getting Europe and they're not in the relegation wars. Teams like that start to lose a couple of percent. It's the Ev, of course, I worry about. It will be a Sean Dyche double defensive line. It will be trenches and barbed wire from the bitters. Dyche has taken quite a few points off Klopp over the years it seems to me, and he'll be looking forward to spoiling the party. Then there's West Ham at the London stadium. We might batter them, we might have to fight like fuck.

More worried about which player we're going to lose to injury next....and tbh that has always been my main concern.

Utd away would be the one. Not that great a record there under Klopp, at least considering how crap they've always been, and obviously it's Utd, isn't it. That's the one I'm least confident about.

Wolves at home doesn't worry me so much at all. We seem to have played them a tranche of times in the last day of the season (is that a figment of my imagination?) and we manage just fine. Villa away worried me a few months ago when they absolutely ripped Man City a new arse, but they seem to be more jaded now. I hope they stay in the European comp, just so the games keep coming for them. Fulham out of those 3 is probably the most worrying, but Fulham are now in that weird zone where they've nothing to really battle for. They're not getting Europe and they're not in the relegation wars. Teams like that start to lose a couple of percent. It's the Ev, of course, I worry about. It will be a Sean Dyche double defensive line. It will be trenches and barbed wire from the bitters. Dyche has taken quite a few points off Klopp over the years it seems to me, and he'll be looking forward to spoiling the party. Then there's West Ham at the London stadium. We might batter them, we might have to fight like fuck.

I think you could have added this to the PL Run in thread. It's why I created it!

We will drop points for sure. So will the others. Biggest thing for me right now is that City-Arsenal draw!

What result do you want for City Arse?

Personally I want an Arse win. They will drop points elsewhere, but City may not. Draw obvs not bad as puts it in our hands...

Personally I want an Arse win. They will drop points elsewhere, but City may not. Draw obvs not bad as puts it in our hands...

I think a draw, mainly because of their goal difference. An Arsenal win would leave them super confident as well. I'm not sure an Arsenal win does us that much of a favour; we'd be 4 ahead of City, but that would only be any more use than 3 points if we draw twice more than City do (or lose a game...), and if we do that then we'd need Arsenal to draw three times (or draw and lose) in order not to finish behind them, so it probably doesn't work for us.

I guess what I'm saying is all 3 of us are way more likely to draw games than lose them, so that has to be taken into account.

I'm beginning to think we'll need 8 wins and a draw to win it. I can see one of the other 2 finishing on less than 90, but not both.

Look guys, I am the most positive person on this forum, I love this Henderesonless team, all are ballers, but sadly this final season of Klopp will be marked as it has always been under the PepG era of football, us finishing 1 point behind them and been that slag of a bridesmaid.

A draw I suppose. City only being a point behind is uncomfortable.

That said, Arsenal need a beating at some point. Fed up with them.

It was Villa away but their home form has imploded and the potential fifth CL spot will ease some pressure. They may have near enough qualified by the time we play them.

It has to be United now. Thdres always a danger of Everton kicking the shit out of us, too. An early goal in both games would be welcome.

I expect us to drop points in every game as this insane quest to win everything again is bound to come a cropper.

I’m just enjoying the last 15 or so games of Klopp.

I don’t know if we’ll good time like this again for a long time.

If Arsenal drop points in their next one or two games i actually have little fears. If they stay level (or dare i say it slightly ahead) on points i think that is when panic can set it.

One benefit of EL is we will almost always play on a Sunday and that puts pressure on Arsenal & City to perform without seeing our result.

I think Villa is our toughest game, and Spurs are very good at getting a result against us in seasons when we end up falling short it feels

I think Villa is our toughest game, and Spurs are very good at getting a result against us in seasons when we end up falling short it feels

Yes, it's a weirdly similar run of games to 2022, when we had Spurs at home, Villa away and Wolves at home at the end (but Southampton thrown in the middle too).

It was the draw against Spurs that ultimately killed us off at that point too really.

Spurs actually have quite a big say in the title run-in, don't they?

We've got them at home, and both Arsenal and City have to play them away - hopefully that might work out in our favour?

A couple of Spurs fans I know seem to view us as one of their bogey teams, obvs as with any derby all bets are off and anything could happen, and against City I don't think they'll be scared to have at them, and they've actually looked a little vulnerable (well moreso than in previous seasons) against teams willing to have a go.

Semi fortunate for Arsenal to get the worst Bayern side in 15 years but Kane will surely be pumped for that.

Arsenal’s games around that:

Brighton (A)
CL First leg
Villa (H)
CL second leg
Wolves (A)

City’s games around that:

Palace (A)
CL first leg
Luton (H)
CL second leg
Spurs (A)

Tuchel has a decent record in the CL and that Bayern team is loaded with star players. Think they fancy their chances against an Arsenal team that will probably struggle with getting to emotional.

Kane hates Arsenal and will probably score 3.

Back
Top Bottom