• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Ferrari in dummy spitting shocka

HC

Very Well-Known
They are threatening to drop out if plans to introduce a standardized engine type or whatever are introduced.

Would that be good for the sport or what?

Don't quite a few of them already use the same engine anyways? the Ferrari/ whoever teams et al

It would kill F1.

I dont like Ferrari's dominance & the blatant bias, but standardising it would just turn every race into a procession.

There's be even less overtaking than there is now.

Something has to change, but not this.

[quote author=Stulikesdrums link=topic=28165.msg708801#msg708801 date=1225184218]
F1 needs Ferrari. That is a fact.
This engine rule is bollocks and it will harm the sport.
[/quote]
I disagree. In fact Ferrari believe that F1 needs Ferrari, hence their shitty attitude and holier than thou stance on most things.

What F1 needs is to become a competition where you do not have to drive for one of the top 2 teams to even have a chance of winning. It is boring and processional. There are a shedload of drivers who could compete with Hamilton and Massa on their day, but as they are in uncompetitive machinery that can't.

I am not sure that this will work, but anything that spices it up will be welcomed.

This rule won't and shouldn't be allowed in F1.

F1 is known all around the world as being the richest, most technologically advanced and glamorous sport in the world - any attempt to standardise the engines and gearboxes will undermine the whole basis of the sport.

It has moved on so much from the days when intelligent men could make a title winning car out of scaffy bars and scrap in a shed in Norfolk.
In particular Ferrari, BMW and Mercedes use the sport as a platform to show off their technical brilliance, they can then incorporate the technologies in their road cars and use it as a selling point to serious petrol heads with money to burn who will all want cars with F1 parts in them.

I understand it is an attempt to save the teams money but I can only see this affecting sponsorship as they will be less likely to put money into the sport that doesn't have individual manufacturers making the whole cars - look at how shite A1GP is. Surely this is more likely to cost the teams money due to a lack of sponsorship cash?

Back
Top Bottom