• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Floyd Mayweather v Manny Pacquiao - Could be on!

Red Astaire

Member Of 'The Toilets At The Harry Fan Club..
A fucking shambles that this has taken so long. Finally it looks like it might be on!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/boxing/30825154

A long-awaited welterweight bout between Floyd Mayweather and Manny Pacquiao appears to have edged closer.
Fred Sternburg, Pacquiao's agent, denied reports the Filipino had agreed terms on a 2 May meeting in Las Vegas.
But he told BBC Sport: "There is still a long way to go. At least the movement has been in a positive direction."
Eight-division world champion Pacquiao, 36, and unbeaten American Mayweather, 37, are considered the best fighters of their generation but have never fought.
Filipino Pacquiao is the holder of the WBO belt, while Mayweather is the WBC and WBA champion.
But they have never been able to agree a deal over a bout, with one stumbling block being Mayweather's insistence on a strict blood-testing programme during training.
Pacquiao has said those demands cast him in a bad light as a suspected cheat.

Well that may be true but I know I would watch that little smackdown.

I probably would too, but with a fair bit less anticipation than would have been the case previously. Mayweather was always far too fly to take Manny on when Manny had a respectable chance of beating him. Now I can't see any prospect of it at all.

I can see it happening, being a points decision, then a rematch shortly after with the money being talked about. Maybe even a 3rd.
If it's a proper fight, Pacman for me. If it's a poxy jab jab in out in out affair then mayweather will walk it.
They're both past their prime but they're both lightyears ahead of cunts like fury, price, chisora, khan etc. I still think it'll be a great fight.

On a side note, I'd like to see fury fight wilder or wlad this year, and get smashed. And same goes for khan vs brook, I'd love to see what khan would have to say after getting ruined. Or, even better, khan vs golovkin. Guaranteed a KO then.

Mayweather will make sure it's jab and move all the way IMO. He would have done anyway but Manny at his best stood a chance of getting behind that incredible defence. I'd love to be wrong, but I doubt he has enough left in the tank to manage it now. If I *do* turn out to be wrong about that, though, I'm sure you're right that they'll milk it for all they can get out of it.

As for Khan, last I heard he was also angling for a bout with Mayweather, who would slice him up something rotten.

Back
Top Bottom