• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Floyd vs. Manny

[quote author=Stu link=topic=37389.msg1005993#msg1005993 date=1259938742]
hcvrl14m64xwwtayxi0a.gif

[/quote]

3116.gif

[quote author=SaintGeorge67 link=topic=37389.msg1006530#msg1006530 date=1260021780]
espn says it's on, 13th march
[/quote]

Didn't I already announce that??

Fight in doubt as Manny will not have a blood test 30 days prior to the fight...

Hmmmmm.... Neets will have a field day with that news!

I wonder if it's as simple as that though. In the report I heard, Freddie Roach seemed to suggest that Mayweather has some kind of interest in the company which Mayweather's camp want to carry out the test. Roach went on to say that obviously he's not going to agree to that, that the Mayweather camp knows perfectly well that that's how any opposing trainer would react, and therefore that it looks as though they're trying to duck the fight.

Interesting, although I believe Roach's boys picked the doctor for the Khan Barrera fight. Subsequently Khan landed a cheap head butt opening Barrera up and finishing the fight. The Doctor refused to stop it in the 4th round (a no contest) instead waiting until the 5th round (the scorecard) to say Barrera wasn't fit, albeit he was exactly the same as the 4th, to finish the fight and therefore Khan won.

What you say JJ is no doubt right. It's all quite ridiculous though as always in boxing.

Floyd is being a prick here - I think.

What differefence does it make having the drug test at the initial press conference and then after the fight, surely if he has been "using" it will show up then?

[quote author=LadyRed link=topic=37389.msg1005791#msg1005791 date=1259924692]
Everyone wanting Manny to win just makes me want to see Floyd win even more.

And all this about Manny not being arrogant, are you kidding me? This about the guy who schedules performances in rock concerts straight after a major fight? Floyd is a showman and trash talking is part of his persona, and as a Floyd fan I have no problem in acknowledging this. People who kid themselves into thinking Manny is superior as he's oh so humble should probably watch some of his more recent interviews and watch some of the 24/7's before the Cotto fight.

Like I said Floyd's a showman, but he has a reputation has being one of the best trainers in the sport and he gives every fight and opponent respect in the ring and post the fight.
[/quote]

You always want the cocky fuckers to win!

Seriously, what's to like about Mayweather?

What I don't understand is why don't they just do WADA style urine tests? It shows the same stuff.

If Manny is being genuine in saying he doesn't like giving blood, then surely this is a fair way around it?

[quote author=Mr_V link=topic=37389.msg1020495#msg1020495 date=1261651123]
What I don't understand is why don't they just do WADA style urine tests? It shows the same stuff.

If Manny is being genuine in saying he doesn't like giving blood, then surely this is a fair way around it?
[/quote]

Which Roach has said that are more than willing to do as well.

Either Mayweather is runnign scared or this is part of his ploy to unsettle manny.

[quote author=Judge Jules link=topic=37389.msg1005842#msg1005842 date=1259928819]

And all this about Manny not being arrogant, are you kidding me? This about the guy who schedules performances in rock concerts straight after a major fight? Floyd is a showman and trash talking is part of his persona, and as a Floyd fan I have no problem in acknowledging this. People who kid themselves into thinking Manny is superior as he's oh so humble should probably watch some of his more recent interviews and watch some of the 24/7's before the Cotto fight.

Like I said Floyd's a showman, but he has a reputation has being one of the best trainers in the sport and he gives every fight and opponent respect in the ring and post the fight.
[/quote]

As a Floyd fan you also have no problem in skewing the whole argument to suit your boy. What's arrogant about scheduling those concerts for just after fights? And what makes you think you're the only one who's seen recent interviews with Pacquiao? Or are you just copying Mayweather's trash-talking tactics?

As it happens I'm not a big critic of Mayweather's. You're right to say that (pre-fight sounding off aside) he respects his opponents, and he wouldn't have achieved what he has in boxing if he weren't very, very serious about his craft. Maybe in the end this just comes down to simple personal preference, and that's fine. Just don't try and pretend these two fighters behave in the same way leading up to fights, because that's a load of hooey.
[/quote]

Floyd's arrogant and he knows he is, as do all of his fans. What irritates me about Manny fans is they claim they favour him because Floyd's arrogant, yet planning to perform in a pop concert the night of a major box office fight, that's not a sign of arrogance?

As for this whole drugs test thing. I understand why Roach is saying they don't want to play to Mayeather's rules, I can understand that. But at the same time if they've got nothing to hide, why not just do it.

I'll be disappointed in Floyd if the fight falls through because of this, but if it's just a mind game, then it's genius by Mayweather.

The interesting thing about the drug test is that it's to be carried out by a company that Mayweather set up, so Manny's reluctance to agree to the stipulation is understandable.

It looks like Jr. was looking for a way out of the fight but Manny has agreed to the ludicrous terms of the deal and I hope he knocks seven shades of shite out of Floyd.

[quote author=Rosco link=topic=37389.msg1020863#msg1020863 date=1261694241]
The interesting thing about the drug test is that it's to be carried out by a company that Mayweather set up, so Manny's reluctance to agree to the stipulation is understandable.

It looks like Jr. was looking for a way out of the fight but Manny has agreed to the ludicrous terms of the deal and I hope he knocks seven shades of shite out of Floyd.
[/quote]

I'm with Ross, big stylee.

Fucking hell, get a clue with this whole 'pop concert' bollocks

He plays in a band playing music from his neighborhood, with his old neighborhood mates

And he does it for free, because he enjoys it, and he was always asked to do it

You make him sound like fucking R Kelly

Hope the fight goes ahead, dont see why they cant just agree on the urine test, as if Pacquiao has been using any illegal stubstances the urine test will be enough to prove so. Also rumours that Mayweather wants it in the contract that he can come in weighing over the welterweight limit, like he did at the Marquez weigh-in.

Its a hard fight to predict, but hopefully Pacquiao wins.

On the subject of Pacquiaos concerts, i got to see one in Vegas after the Pacquiao vs Cotto fight, not the best singer i must say !

[quote author=LadyRed link=topic=37389.msg997330#msg997330 date=1259072927]
I hope Floyd destroys him.

'What's been in the darkness will come to light.'
[/quote]

what are you blabbering about -
'What's been in the darkness will come to light.' ??

Manny is known to be a devout and God-fearing Christian and is a classic story of a rags-to-riches, who came out from the slums and literally toiled his way to where he is now, with blood and sweat. He has also helped numerous charities and good causes and portrays a very humble image, in his home country, even with his superstar status.

Floyd on the other hand is an arrogant, cocky, loud motor-mouthed, chicken-shit cock who accuses ppl of taking drugs simply cos he knows he's unprepared and wants to buy more time.

So tell me...who's more fitting to be 'darkness' and 'light' ?

[quote author=LadyRed link=topic=37389.msg997374#msg997374 date=1259074874]
I hope Floyd beats him. And then people will finally give Floyd the credit he deserves.

Floyd is a better boxer than Pacquaio and when he beats him everyone will have to acknowledge it.
[/quote][quote author=LadyRed link=topic=37389.msg1020712#msg1020712 date=1261675570]
[quote author=Judge Jules link=topic=37389.msg1005842#msg1005842 date=1259928819]

[/quote]

As a Floyd fan you also have no problem in skewing the whole argument to suit your boy. What's arrogant about scheduling those concerts for just after fights? And what makes you think you're the only one who's seen recent interviews with Pacquiao? Or are you just copying Mayweather's trash-talking tactics?

As it happens I'm not a big critic of Mayweather's. You're right to say that (pre-fight sounding off aside) he respects his opponents, and he wouldn't have achieved what he has in boxing if he weren't very, very serious about his craft. Maybe in the end this just comes down to simple personal preference, and that's fine. Just don't try and pretend these two fighters behave in the same way leading up to fights, because that's a load of hooey.
[/quote]

Floyd's arrogant and he knows he is, as do all of his fans. What irritates me about Manny fans is they claim they favour him because Floyd's arrogant, yet planning to perform in a pop concert the night of a major box office fight, that's not a sign of arrogance?

As for this whole drugs test thing. I understand why Roach is saying they don't want to play to Mayeather's rules, I can understand that. But at the same time if they've got nothing to hide, why not just do it.

I'll be disappointed in Floyd if the fight falls through because of this, but if it's just a mind game, then it's genius by Mayweather.
[/quote]

No disrespect to you feminine species.

Women and football - I can accept. But women giving comments on boxing like they some sort of a pro ?!?! 'kinell.....PS : I ain't no feminist either so don't start....

I know Ali's daughter and a few others have proven that beauty can be mixed with brawn in the ring but come on, you aint exactly blessed with pugilistic skills are you ?!

I have personally met and spoke to Manny and know people who's close to his camp too. I may not know him well enough but I've seen and heard enough to support the fact that he's a very down-to-earth, Mr Nice Guy. He attributes every success he has to God so that earns more respect from me. In fact, the general worldwide opinion of Manny is nothing but positive. So you trying to dispel this is quite frankly baffling.

Stop trying to be an attention seeker by going against popular opinion, and pretend you know shit bout boxing. And watching youtubes, media reports and owning Rocky box sets don't make you anything more than just being a mere bandwagon fan either.

Yes I am being controversial here but I don't give a toss. Boxing is a man's game. Period.

[quote author=LadyRed link=topic=37389.msg1020712#msg1020712 date=1261675570]

[/quote]

Naive, ill-informed and unjustified remark.

Have you even stepped into a boxing training centre ? Trust me, it ain't a place for women.

There are many factors that caused Manny to reject the drugs test before his fight, as Rosco has already mentioned one of them.

But what many fail to notice is that Manny HAS actually agreed to do a drugs test IMMEDIATELY AFTER his fight. Which simply proves that he isn't afraid to be caught out cos he doesnt do drugs.

[quote author=Roger REDerer link=topic=37389.msg1021100#msg1021100 date=1261807325]
But what many fail to notice is that Manny HAS actually agreed to do a drugs test IMMEDIATELY AFTER his fight. Which simply proves that he isn't afraid to be caught out cos he doesnt do drugs.
[/quote]

Or that he flushed all the drugs he used to build up strength during training.

This whole thing is one big hype, and I couldn't care less.

Boxing doesn't have that many fights left to care about. Make it happen, enough with the theatrics, I'm not interested in this shit. Boxing has next to no credibility, and that extends to drug testing, which isn't that robust. I'm interested in the fight anyway, I don't need all this.

Pacquiao plans to sue Mayweather
Manny Pacquiao has said he will take Floyd Mayweather to court following a blood-testing dispute.

The Filipino pulled out of a lucrative fight to face Mayweather on 13 March after the American demanded Olympic-style drugs tests ahead of the bout.

Pacquaio also plans to sue Mayweather's father and Golden Boy Promotions.

"I have instructed my promoter, Bob Arum, to help me out in the filing of the case as soon as possible," read a statement on Pacquaio's website.

"Enough is enough. These people, Mayweather Sr, Jr and Golden Boy Promotions think it is a joke and a right to accuse someone wrongly of using steroids or other performance-enhancing drugs.

"I have tried to just brush it off as a mere pre-fight ploy but I think they have gone overboard."

My way to the top is a result of hard work, hard work, hard work and a lot of blood spilled from my past battles
Manny Pacquaio
WBO welterweight champion Pacquaio withdrew from what was expected to be the richest fight in boxing history on Wednesday following a disagreement about blood tests 30 days prior to the fight.

The Filipino said he would only give blood before the initial media conference and immediately after the fight.

Although Pacquaio said he would agree to testing by the same agencies that conduct pro American Football and baseball players, he would not sign up to random tests by the US Anti-Doping Agency.

Promoter Arum accused Mayweather's camp of raising the issue not because they were worried about Pacquiao taking performance-enhancing substances, but because Mayweather never wanted to fight in the first place.

And Pacquaio now intends to settle matters in court.

"I have had people coming over to me now asking if I really take performance-enhancing drugs and I have cheated my way into becoming the number one boxer in the world," said the 31-year-old, who has never tested positive for performance-enhancing substances.

"I maintain and assure everyone that I have not used any form or kind of steroids and that my way to the top is a result of hard work, hard work, hard work and a lot of blood spilled from my past battles in the ring, not outside of it.

"I have no idea what steroids look like and my fear in God has kept me safe and victorious through all these years.

"Now, I say to Floyd Mayweather Jr, don't be a coward and face me in the ring, mano-a-mano and shut your big, pretty mouth so we can show the world who is the true king of the ring."

Unbeaten Mayweather and five-weight champion Pacquaio - considered to be the best pound-for-pound boxers in the world - were set to meet at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas in one of the biggest fight since the turn of the century.

Pacquiao became a five-weight world champion following his WBO welterweight title win over Miguel Cotto in November, while Nevada-based Mayweather returned from a 21-month retirement to beat Mexican Juan Manuel Marquez in September.

Story from BBC SPORT:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/pr/fr/-/sport1/hi/boxing/8430611.stm

I'm starting to think this is all just hype & that a certain Mr King is pulling the strings.

Even if it's not, this fight will happen, there's way too much money involved for it not to.

[quote author=Farkmaster link=topic=37389.msg1021105#msg1021105 date=1261813979]
[quote author=Roger REDerer link=topic=37389.msg1021100#msg1021100 date=1261807325]
[/quote]

Or that he flushed all the drugs he used to build up strength during training.

This whole thing is one big hype, and I couldn't care less.

Boxing doesn't have that many fights left to care about. Make it happen, enough with the theatrics, I'm not interested in this shit. Boxing has next to no credibility, and that extends to drug testing, which isn't that robust. I'm interested in the fight anyway, I don't need all this.
[/quote]

Depending on the drugs Manny uses, they usually remain in the body system for 3months to a year.

However, there are some HGH drugs that are untraceable in the blood after a week of usage. But a urine test and some high-tech testing equipments will however expose any drug taken within 2 weeks of drug usage.

[quote author=Roger REDerer link=topic=37389.msg1021098#msg1021098 date=1261805978]

[/quote]

Manny is known to be a devout and God-fearing Christian and is a classic story of a rags-to-riches, who came out from the slums and literally toiled his way to where he is now, with blood and sweat. He has also helped numerous charities and good causes and portrays a very humble image, in his home country, even with his superstar status.

Floyd on the other hand is an arrogant, cocky, loud motor-mouthed, chicken-shit cock who accuses ppl of taking drugs simply cos he knows he's unprepared and wants to buy more time.

[/quote]

Well said Roger.

[quote author=Roger REDerer link=topic=37389.msg1021098#msg1021098 date=1261805978]

[/quote]

[/quote]

*applauds*

I can't even be bothered to read Roger's posts, let alone bother to respond to them.

But what I will say is all this 'Manny's the good guy and Floyd's the bad guy' stuff is so simple and clearly the way the fight is being marketed. If people want to buy into it, fine. But I don't.

Oh, and the 'what's been in the darkness will come to light', is just something Mayweather says, as he doesn't feel he's been given the credit he should have been given.

[quote author=SaintGeorge67 link=topic=37389.msg1021156#msg1021156 date=1261825585]
Pacquiao plans to sue Mayweather
[/quote]

Is the most pathetic thing I've heard. Trash talking has been a part of the sport, always. Now poor little Manny Wanny's upset. Jog on.

He better sue Cotto and Malignaggi too, as they both think he should take a drug test too.

Back
Top Bottom