1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
    Dismiss Notice
Why Not Register?

It only takes a few minutes to register on SixCrazyMinutes

Click Here

For the lads at the game?

Discussion in 'The Football Forum' started by Dreambeliever, Apr 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dreambeliever

Dreambeliever Looking on the brightside Member

Please describe the atmosphere.

It looks awesome.

2. SaintGeorge67

SaintGeorge67 Well-Known Member

*awaits some Jamo related response*

3. Loch Ness Monster

Loch Ness Monster Very Active Honorary Member

I heard 305 was a bit quiet..... maybe he has been kidnapped.

4. leftpeg

leftpeg Well-Known Member

[quote author=SaintGeorge67 link=topic=22416.msg538055#msg538055 date=1207741495]
    *awaits some Jamo related response*
    [/quote]

I bet Jamo's had a wank in 305.

5. LadyRed

LadyRed Very Active Member

Aah, poor Jamo.

He just makes it so easy though.

6. SaintGeorge67

SaintGeorge67 Well-Known Member

back in the KT days didn't he use to sit and take photos all game?

7. leftpeg

leftpeg Well-Known Member

[quote author=SaintGeorge67 link=topic=22416.msg538108#msg538108 date=1207742441]
    back in the KT days didn't he use to sit and take photos all game?
    [/quote]

No, he was playing for Villa then.

8. dsouthy

dsouthy SCM Follower Member

It was quality mate. We always expect the atmosphere to be good at these stages of the champions league but what unfolded in the game clearly made it better.
    There was a quiet period after they scored, and we got some 'where is your famous atmosphere' chants from arsenal fans but they were quickly shut up by 'where's your european cup'.
    Hypia's goal lifted the team and the crowd. After Torres's goal the whole kop was bouncing to his tune. Amazing site. Ive had that song in my head all day. Everyone was standing for the last 10 mins.
    Unfortunately didnt get the change to bump into this Jamo fella because I wasnt sitting in row 305, its only the ultra fans that are eligible for that section.

9. Dreambeliever

Dreambeliever Looking on the brightside Member

[quote author=dsouthy link=topic=22416.msg538191#msg538191 date=1207744783]
    It was quality mate. We always expect the atmosphere to be good at these stages of the champions league but what unfolded in the game clearly made it better.
    There was a quiet period after they scored, and we got some 'where is your famous atmosphere' chants from arsenal fans but they were quickly shut up by 'where's your european cup'.
    Hypia's goal lifted the team and the crowd. After Torres's goal the whole kop was bouncing to his tune. Amazing site. Ive had that song in my head all day. Everyone was standing for the last 10 mins.
    Unfortunately didnt get the change to bump into this Jamo fella because I wasnt sitting in row 305, its only the ultra fans that are eligible for that section.

[/quote]

Cheers sounds amazing. The Derby was a bit flat as we dominated from start to finish really.

10. Vlads Quiff

Vlads Quiff Well-Known Member

[quote author=Wet WetDreambeliever link=topic=22416.msg538204#msg538204 date=1207745816]

[/quote]

Cheers sounds amazing. The Derby was a bit flat as we dominated from start to finish really.
    [/quote]

The atmosphere was great, but not with the same "edge" as had it been Chelski.
    The singing was starting from all corners of the ground, but was often not very "joined up".
    It was one of those games where it started off very loud, but the nerves start to kick in with the crowd and it did quieten down, songs are still sung , but not with the same commitment.
    We sit looking over the away supporters, they were singing about the atmosphere even when it was bouncing.
    Just as a quick note, big up to the Arsenal fans, they are usually pretty respectful, not like most of the arseholes that visit.
    It did start getting much louder in the closing 15 minutes when we were battering them.
    As was said in another post, wait until the next European night, this was just a little loosener .... ;)

regards

11. Dahuge

Dahuge Very Active Member

I thought we fans weren't as good to start with, we seemed to be expecting it to just happen. Once we got the equaliser I thought we upped out atmosphere. There seemed a nervousness about us, well thatts how it felt for me in the kop.

On a side note I had a couple of Irish amercians next to me, fucking muppets. He texted his mates back in USA saying best atmosphere he has ever experienced and it beats any american sports by a mile and that he should come over and come to a game. I did manage to get him into the torres bouncing towards the end of the game.

12. RolandG

RolandG King Ding-A-Ling Member

[quote author=Vlads Quiff link=topic=22416.msg538375#msg538375 date=1207749697]
    [quote author=Wet WetDreambeliever link=topic=22416.msg538204#msg538204 date=1207745816]

[/quote]

[/quote]

The singing was starting from all corners of the ground, but was often not very "joined up".
    It was one of those games where it started off very loud, but the nerves start to kick in with the crowd and it did quieten down, songs are still sung , but not with the same commitment.
    We sit looking over the away supporters, they were singing about the atmosphere even when it was bouncing.
    Just as a quick note, big up to the Arsenal fans, they are usually pretty respectful, not like most of the arseholes that visit.
    It did start getting much louder in the closing 15 minutes when we were battering them.
    As was said in another post, wait until the next European night, this was just a little loosener .... ;)

regards
    [/quote]

How is the head Vlad and what did you think of Crouchie's inclusion?

13. Vlads Quiff

Vlads Quiff Well-Known Member

[quote author=RolandG link=topic=22416.msg538396#msg538396 date=1207750363]
    [quote author=Vlads Quiff link=topic=22416.msg538375#msg538375 date=1207749697]

[/quote]

[/quote]

regards
    [/quote]

How is the head Vlad and what did you think of Crouchie's inclusion?
    [/quote]

The head is fine Roland , thanks.
    Whilst I am a Crouchie fan, I am not sure it was the right thing to do , but we got away with it, and the big chap had a good game.
    It was not well balanced at all.
    Gerrard did on the left what he does on the right, ie not be there, he always drifts in leaving no outlet

regards

14. HC

HC Very Well-Known Member

I think it's fair to say that if Gerrard hadn't of 'drifted in' we'd have lost lastnight, Vlad ; or atleast made even more work of the game, than we did.. if thats possible.

The commentator described him as a firefighter and the fact that he's always looking to get involved and crank it up being both his strength and his achilles heel,he was probably not too far off with that description.

15. Brizzle

Brizzle Well-Known Member

I thought it was absolutely incredible! Standing the whole game, singing for the vast majority of it. Torres' goal saw the whole stadium going fucking mental! Lots of hugging the random men around you!

Am so happy I got to experience a huge night before (if we ever do) we move to the new stadium.

C'MON!

16. Judge Jules

Judge Jules SCM Addict Member

[quote author=Dahuge link=topic=22416.msg538394#msg538394 date=1207750324]
    I thought we fans weren't as good to start with, we seemed to be expecting it to just happen. Once we got the equaliser I thought we upped out atmosphere. There seemed a nervousness about us, well thatts how it felt for me in the kop.

On a side note I had a couple of Irish amercians next to me, fucking muppets. He texted his mates back in USA saying best atmosphere he has ever experienced and it beats any american sports by a mile and that he should come over and come to a game. I did manage to get him into the torres bouncing towards the end of the game.

[/quote]

That doesn't sound very muppet-like. It sounds like a true fan, wherever he's from.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.