• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Forest vs PGMOL

Hansern

Thinks he owns the place
Thought it deserved it own thread and discussion seeing as Forest are going for it. They released this today:

View: https://x.com/NFFC/status/1782414798350643229

Howard Webb told Nottingham Forest he would not remove Stuart Attwell from duty at Everton after he was made aware of the VAR's Luton Town allegiance. During an eight-minute conversation with Mark Clattenburg – a consultant to Forest's board - on Friday morning, Webb said he did not know that Attwell was a Luton supporter.
@CraigHope_DM
This is a bit weird as Oliver said in an interview a few years back that the refs are questioned about this. Oliver said he couldnt ref Newcastle games etc. This was probably prior to Webb getting the job though.

Will be interesting to see how PGMOL and Webb handle this. Bet they dont release the audio.

They should but that doesnt mean they will in all honesty. Webb has been a terrible appointment for PGMOL.

It will probably end with Forest getting sanctioned and Atwell to miss a game. All in all it wont help anyone.

The first two were ok decisions by the ref that weren't obviously wrong, the third one was a pigs ear but not by a stretch the worst error this season

1st one was a maaaaybe
2nd one was not
3rd one was baffling.

Grounds for anger and action, but not outrage and match-fixing allegations

The one thing I can sort of understand from Forests point of view is that what are clubs supposed to do. If the manager speaks out he'll get a fine, and there is no way for them to challenge this bar tweeting that and creating some sort of reaction from PGMOL.
I wouldnt have done it like that or worded it like that and I certainly wouldnt let Mark Cuntenburg handle any of this for my club.

I can understand it too. PGMOL may have cost us the title and Forest their PL place and millions.

No one will remember bar us fans.

there was a post on reddit saying the first version of forests post was way worse but clattenburg talked them down, this is their owner

I hadn't clocked that all three were Ashley Young. Would have been LOLs if he'd given away 3 pens in a single game.

Referee consultants for clubs, writing for them in the paper to push their agendas. JAYSIS. should be outlawed. Very Trumpian

Nee Forest statement.

"OK, we've now "considered our options" and it turns out we don't have any, so we're really really sorry and please dont dock us more points for our insolence."

They definitely should have had a pen for the third one, the others were classic decisions that VAR doesn't overturn. Tue VAR was only at fault on the third one, the other two were protocol issues. If anything, they should have moaned about the on-field ref. This was very poor, small-time posturing from Forest. One way or another they should come to regret it.

At the start of the Premier League season, the PGMOL have a list of every team each referee supports. They declare the team they support and this is stored on a list that the PGMOL has on record.
If Stuart Attwell does indeed support Luton – as Nottingham Forest claimed after their defeat by Evertonin which they had three penalty appeals turned down – then this is a question of management of the PGMOL.
Officials should not be in charge of matches of teams they support, nor in matches that would directly have an effect on their team’s hopes.
We all know who Mike Dean supports – Tranmere. That was very clear and of course, he never managed matches involving Tranmere and if Attwell supports Luton, then of course he should not be in charge of their matches, or be the VAR.

It works at the other end as well – no official who supports Arsenal, Manchester City or Liverpool should be in charge of their games.
It would be beneficial to have some clarity as to who Attwell supports because if it is found he supports Luton, then this opens up a can of worms for the Premier League, the FA and the teams fighting for their lives at the bottom of the table.
Rarely does a team raise this in such a way and I can understand that Forest doing so would raise some eyebrows. Clubs cannot dictate who they have in charge of their matches. Jamie Carragher said Nottingham Forest acted like a fan in the pub with their claims and there is some truth to that as it was an extraordinary statement.
I am not here to question Attwell’s integrity. I am, though, here to question his competence in this fixture and that of Anthony Taylor, the referee at Goodison Park.
There is no doubt in my mind that Nottingham Forest have a legitimate claim that they should have been awarded three penalties in this game.
With three incidents in one game with all three legitimate claims for a penalty to be awarded, there is a question mark about the officials’ competence.

The first was a challenge from behind and contact was made with the legs of his opponent who went to ground. This is a careless challenge and anywhere on the field is a foul. It is inside the penalty area so a penalty kick should have been awarded.
I have said before that handball offences are in many cases subjective. While players use their arm for balance where the hand/arm moves towards the ball and comes into contact with it then this should result in a penalty kick.
The third incident was again a clear penalty. What is happening to our referees and VAR why are they getting it so wrong?
Leadership is required at the top of the game and for the coaching regime of our referees, and VAR. Howard Webb coming in to oversee things has not had the desired improvement.

That said, there are ways to express your concerns and disappointment and on reflection, Nottingham Forest may perhaps feel they could have gone about it in a better way.

Keith the wanker Hackett in the Torygraph

For me, i'm not opposed to a team calling out that it's blatant bias. Usually clubs say they're disappointed, the PGMOL will apologise and nothing changes. Borderline calling out outright cheating might actually provoke SOMETHING to happen

I'm all for it, but glad it wasn't us in equal measure

the assistive technologies have opened up the possibility of legal proceedings though haven’t they?

before it was always just human error in the moment, but now there are countless replays and multiple opportunities to right the wrongs.

this could be the potential downfall of VAR, if everyone starts pursuing bad decisions legally and the entire system doesn’t improve.

Let's say, for shits and giggles, they come back and do something for Forest.

It opens far too many grievances, just this season alone. We'd be asking, Wolves as well. Who else?

Let's say, for shits and giggles, they come back and do something for Forest.

It opens far too many grievances, just this season alone. We'd be asking, Wolves as well. Who else?

everyone will have something they want to contest, they can’t afford to dip a toe in this rabbit hole

i read earlier cardiff are suing nantes over the argentinian lad that died in the plane crash, they have expert evidence to suggest they had a good chance of staying up if the player made it to them safely.

these claims just need to be ignored, the player could’ve done his acl 5 minutes into his debut, much like forest could’ve missed all 3 penalties if they were awarded.

I thought Cardiff sent the dodgy pilot to pick him up?
Not just a dodgy pilot a dodgy fucking plane in a fucking storm as well.
I'm almost a bit mad at the player for getting on the plane.

I wonder if anyone has done the groundwork on Atwell’s other games this season involving Luton or Luton’s relegation rivals

The conspiracy theories are becoming worse than the game!

Inhalers!

Not just a dodgy pilot a dodgy fucking plane in a fucking storm as well.
I'm almost a bit mad at the player for getting on the plane.

not sure how you managed to quote me on that but i think the player would just assume that the pilot knows what he’s doing and wouldn’t put himself in danger

not sure how you managed to quote me on that but i think the player would just assume that the pilot knows what he’s doing and wouldn’t put himself in danger

Yet half way through the flight, apparently he sent a text saying he was bricking it.

Back
Top Bottom