• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Freemasons

rurikbird

Part of the Furniture
Honorary Member
I have to admit I was completely oblivious to their existence – but something recently piqued my interest and I looked up a bit of history as well as a list of prominent freemasons through history (pretty fucking impressive, it has to be said). So what draws so many apparently brilliant and successful people to something that looks like a cross between a medieval cos-play and a co-op board meeting? Are those people successful in part because of the supposer power of the guild or is it just something widespread enough that it naturally includes some important people, just like it would if you were to compile a list of the most notable Catholics or whatever? Any personal experiences to share?

I even looked up a membership list of a lodge in my area and it appears to include a guy who I know personally to be a total wanker.

Last edited: